L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Ingredients Water Isododecane Cyclopentasiloxane Glycerin Cyclohexasiloxane PEG-10 Dimethicone Poly(methyl Methacrylate) Butylene Glycol Dimethicone Isoeicosane Disteardimonium Hectorite Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/ 1 Dimethicone Sodium Chloride C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates POLYGLYCERYL-4 Isostearate Hexyl Laureate Isostearyl Neopentanoate Diazolidinylurea Methyl Paraben Propyl Paraben Vitamin E Panthenol Aluminum Oxide Iron Oxide Mica Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

not good for oily skin

Why is this so yellow? That was my first response on using this foundation. I found this on sale, for only 4 bucks.So, I went home, poured some onto my palm, dipped a sponge into it, and applied on my cheek. I am by no means Nicole Kidman pale, but the lightest shade of this foundation was SO yellow on my skin! However, wanting to do more testing, I applied foundation to the rest of my face, and sat back for a while. Almost immediately, I noticed creasing around my nose, and that it was making my zits look worse. So, I washed it off, and chucked it in the trash. No more HIP for me!

on 5/12/2007 10:51:00 PM

tell you what. Same ingredients as True Match, same color match as well, but they charge you more just because it is HIP. I work as a waitress and work out after work, my face never looked as horrible as I started to use this before. It wore off after a few hours and forget it when you start to sweat a little bit. The color + sweat would stain the collar of your shirt. To top it all, it enlarged and 'pronounce' my pores. It might be cheap compared to Urban Decay Mineral (powder)foundation, but I would throw it out of the window within a heartbeat without thinking about it twice. After using this unbelievable Urban Decay Mineral foundation, I would never ever go back to any liquid foundation again!

on 1/26/2007 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Errrrgghhhh....I did NOT like the feel of this foundation at all. I had such high hopes for it after reading the review on here, but it just did not work for me. I tried using it with my fingers and with a foundation brush, but it always came out very cakey and unnatural looking, and the packaging blows - each time I used it, the bottle poured out much, much more than I needed to use, no matter how carefully I tried to stem the flow. The good news is, I got it for about $3, since CVS was having a 75% off clearance. I'm not sure why my experience with this foundation was so much at odds with almost everyone elses' experiences - I'll try it one more time to see if it works out.

UPDATE: I tried this one more time using a sponge, and it's still AWFUL. I've tried lots of foundations/tinted moisturizers (LM, Neutrogena, Becca, MUFE, Lancome, Pout, Tarte, Chanel...the list goes on), but this is by far the worst. I have skin that takes very well to foundation, and if I ever don't like a foundation, it's not because it doesn't look good on, it's usually because I don't care for the texture or something. But this is the first foundation I've ever found that actually makes my skin look heinous. I can actually SEE it sitting on top of my skin, and it looked completely unnatural, masky and cakey. :( Gross. continued >>

on 9/11/2006 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

One Word for this is yuck. The product made me itch, no staying power,and rubbed off on my cell phone. I will not purchase this product again. I found this to be quite oily even with using blot papers. The only good thing about this was the bottle was small , and not bulky, but the liquid came out pretty fast. I personally don't have all day to blend make up to get decent coverage.
I will be returning to Walgreens, yes the do take returns on make up...

on 9/10/2006 9:00:00 AM

I think the reason we are all getting this with a "free coupon" is because the colors available so far? ...well, they suck, and L'Oreal knows it and they are "giving it away". The lightest shade available was WAAAY too dark on me. But, I got a coupon in the mail for a free bottle, went to the drugstore, looked at the choices available and tried to pick out the lightest one. Still way too dark. Maybe it wasn't supposed to be marketed to pale people like me, I don't know... At least I got it free.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had a hard time picking out a shade that would suit my skin color, but I settled with Honey (NC40). I was pretty excited to get home and try it out, and it's so thick! I had to shake the bottle really well to get it come out and when it did, it really poured! I don't like foundations with just a cap because you tend to get too much product, I prefer a pump. In any case, I used a skunk brush to apply it and it still looked really thick on my skin and made my skin look ashy even though the shade I had picked had yellow tones. It looked really heavy on my skin and made my skin look ashy, so I decided to wash it off. Ugh. It was even difficult to wash off because it was so thick on my skin, despite the skunk brush application. I might give this one last try but so far, I'm extremely dissapointed.

on 8/20/2006 12:46:00 PM

First off, general coloring compliant: These definately aren't for PPP's. The lightest one is too dark on me (and I'm not super pale, either!)

As for the actual product, it's liquid, goes on your face evenly and I'd say it has medium coverage. It's in a glass jar sort of thing that you need to use fingers or a foundation brush to dip in it. It broke me out and stung my face. Would not buy again if you paid me.

Um..I'm confused. Why is the "lightest" shade a color that would usually be a "dark" shade in any other brand? I'm shocked. And I don't like the glass bottle, either.

on 7/2/2006 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

When I first got this foundation and started using it, I was so happy! I finally found a foundation that blended so well into my olive skin. I have a yellow undertone, so the foundation worked great! But having acne prone skin, before using this foundation my skin was flawless, but overtime, I noticed the foundation clogging my pores, and causing whiteheads and blackheads to arupt, and my skin started to break out like crazy! I was in denial, and thought maybe it was something else I was using, cause I love the color of this foundation and how it blended so well into my skin, but I stopped using it, and as soon as I did, my skin started to clear up, but my pores were so clogged I had to go back and use acne medicine, but eventually I cleared up my skin.

I would not recommend this to oily skin types and acne prone skin. Be careful using this foundation, it has a greasy feel to it, and if you have oily skin, you will be bloating your face through out the day.