L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Ingredients Water Isododecane Cyclopentasiloxane Glycerin Cyclohexasiloxane PEG-10 Dimethicone Poly(methyl Methacrylate) Butylene Glycol Dimethicone Isoeicosane Disteardimonium Hectorite Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/ 1 Dimethicone Sodium Chloride C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates POLYGLYCERYL-4 Isostearate Hexyl Laureate Isostearyl Neopentanoate Diazolidinylurea Methyl Paraben Propyl Paraben Vitamin E Panthenol Aluminum Oxide Iron Oxide Mica Titanium Dioxide

on 1/17/2006 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I LOVE the colors of this line..and the foundation colors are amazing (it is about TIME that darker minority women could wear more than L'oreal Mascaras...). I have always been able to wear their darker colors - but they were never quite right before now...not quite golden or rich enough - always a little too pink or ashy...

Here are my issues... This makeup wipes off and leaves you bare way too easily. I will try it with some heavy duty setting powder(s) and see what is what, but so far, my oily skin and this line do not work well together.

It also seems to flake off if you wipe it with fingers or cloth when it dries...

I wanted to love this line, but the foundation is about the same as True Blend...not awful, not great...

It DOES give great coverage, but without longevity and it's being able to be wiped right off makes me sad...

I will try it again, and if anything changes - I will update this post!

on 2/6/2006 11:43:00 PM

I TRIED THIS MAKEUP. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE THE SAME AS THE TRUE MATCH BUT IT WASN'T. IT WAS A LITTLE BETTER. I LIKE THAT IT COMES IN A LARGE RANGE OF COLORS. I HAVE DARK SKIN AND IT IS HARD TO FIND FOUNDATIONS THAT LOOK RIGHT. FOUNDATIONS THAT HAVE TITANIUM DIOXIDE IN IT LEAVES DARK SKIN GRAY LOOKING BUT IT DIDN'T. I WOULLD SAY IT OFFERS MEDIUM COVERAGE. I LIKE HOW IT TELLS YOU WHAT UNDERTONE COLOR IT IS.

on 2/13/2006 3:37:00 AM

I purchased this in Nude which is a medium warm toned beige...there aren't any light shades in this line yet. I really like this foundation though...it covers well, doesn't fade and looks relatively natural. For the price, its my favorite drug store pick. I have oily, sensitive skin and no problems for at least 12 hours.

on 3/5/2006 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I love that L'oreal has decided to cater to people who like the foundations to look on you the way they do in the swatches.. I have this in honey, which at first I thought would be a little dark when I tested it on my hand, but since it's winter and I always water down my foundations with a lil moisturizer (yes, making my own tinted moisturizer), this is PERFECT for my NC43/45 skin. I love that it gives plenty of coverage, and . . .

NO ASHINESS LADIES!!

For you beautiful ladies of color out there, there is now hope that wearing foundation won't leave you looking either a)ashy or b)orange at the end of the day. It doesnt oxidize like the true match ones seem to, despite having the same ingredients in it.
I'm still not convinced that the price is that good, but usually there's a sale going on at one of the drugstores/beautystores out there. I can't wait to try the other products in the line!

EDIT: Be prepared to blot your face about a gazillion times a day, this stuff does make my face GREASE up more than any other foundation I've tried (and yes I've got combo skin but I do all the powdering and prepping to minimize it). I may have to return to my Studio Finish Matte.. :(

EDIT #2: OK. So I keep coming back to this. In the hope that it will work. Right now I use it in Cafe, because it makes me a little ashy in that Honey tone. But Violet Enigma's review says it best:
if you have dry skin thats not sensitive, its great.
Mine, however, is combination and sensitive to a LOT. It goes on great but this new bottle looks ashy at first then orange at the end of the day. I had to blot every hour. It settled into "wrinkles" that I didnt even know I had. AND people asked me if i had foundation on. They usually "cant tell". GRRRR. Don't waste your time or money ladies. Wait until they reformulate it.

on 3/17/2006 12:32:00 PM

I love this foundation!!! I bought it in Nude originally, which is yellow-orange. I replaced it with Sand, which is even more yellow. I'm caucasion, but foundation is never yellow enough for me. I love the coverage & consistency. I wear this with pink cream blush and I'm finally happy with my makeup. Believe me, I have tried EVERY high-end department store brand out there & this is the first time in a long time that I'm happy with my choice.

I bought this in Cafe', and I love it. It's a bit heavy for me for everyday use, but I love it for night because it give me a great glow. I have darker skin with a yellow undertone and this is the one foundation I've found that doesn't make me look ashy! It actually seems to brighten up my skin, it's great. The other reason I don't use this during the day is that my skin gets SO oily that I'm blotting every hour or two. But for the price and no ash, I'm in!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is what i wanted the neutrogena to be but wasnt. More coverage but it seems sheer enough to let my skin through. i use a tinted moisturizer beneath it that is very very sheer and then put this right on because it only has spf 15. I got Cafe and it is similar to Neutrogena's healthy skin enhancer in Medium Olive. I am NC 40-ish right now because of my tan. I have tried a whole lot of foundations from revlon, almay, neutrogena and by far this has matched my skin really good. i still have to see if it breaks me out becuase the Neutrogena Skin Enhancer broke me out in cystic acne and i had to stop. overall it is a good foundation because of its yellow undertones, and it really caters to minorities out there! highly recommend it to them! UPDATE: moved on to Lancome Teinte IDole/ EL Doublewear with better color, coverage, and less transfer of makeup...you really get what you pay for :(

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Love this makeup! Looks natural, like I have no makeup on; doesn't break me out; goes on sheer to medium (can build more coverage without looking caked on); and the color selection is great for "darker" women looking for a foundation with yellow undertones. I used the 2nd to lightest shade (Sand) and am normally NC35 although I get darker in the summer (I'd probably use a darker shade similar to C4). My skin looks perfect. Around $10 at Walmart. Edit: This actually looks a little too yellow. I mixed it with another "pinker" foundation (just a tad) for a better match.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this in Sand which is the second color (from light to dark), and I think I've found my HG foundation (In terms of color). I could never find a foundation with enough yellow in it, but this one takes the prize. I have absolutley no ashiness.... Life is good. It's like your looking at real skin. Besides just the packaging it's very similar to Loreal's "True Match" foundation in consistency, coverage, and staying power. In my opinion the staying power is a bit better, and it's not as "glowing" as the "True Match" shades, so it's a bit more matte in total. However it will not stay put like Revlon's Color Stay, depending on how oily your face gets, and the humidity it will slide off you face at some point.

i cannot believe how much i love this foundation! believe me, i'm the girl who's tried any and every foundation out there, and this one just blew me away. my friend works for l'oreal in new york and told me about this foundation knowing that i have complained how ashy foundations look on my golden yellow asian skin. so i went to my nearest drug store and bought the lightest shade - NUDE 800, put it on my face under natural sunlight by the window and it completely matched the skintone of the rest of my body. since the formulation is color intensive, i don't need to apply much at all! i also love it how it dries off as if your skin doesn't have anything on - not the "lotion-y" sheen that some other foundations might leave (such as nars / giorgio armani / bobbi brown). it's officially my perfect foundation (i tossed my formerly "perfect" dior foundation). this foundation has a buildable coverage, perfect shade, semi matte finish. what more can i ask for? i seriously look like i have flawless skin! and i can't believe that it's $10 per bottle!!!