L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 44-55
L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Ingredients Water Isododecane Cyclopentasiloxane Glycerin Cyclohexasiloxane PEG-10 Dimethicone Poly(methyl Methacrylate) Butylene Glycol Dimethicone Isoeicosane Disteardimonium Hectorite Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/ 1 Dimethicone Sodium Chloride C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates POLYGLYCERYL-4 Isostearate Hexyl Laureate Isostearyl Neopentanoate Diazolidinylurea Methyl Paraben Propyl Paraben Vitamin E Panthenol Aluminum Oxide Iron Oxide Mica Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use shade #802 "Sand." It is a very light, cool, beige that - wonder of wonders - is not pink!

I use it to tone down the rosiness of Age Rewind, whose "coolest" shades are still a bit pink for my skin, and if it only had that Age Rewind luminescence or light refraction or whatever it is that causes one's age to rewind, I would gleefully use undiluted Sand most of the year.

The formula I got says it is oil free, and I have had no problems with "unsightly blemishes," on the contrary, I think that its oil-free-hood is a good way to "cut" or balance out the moisturizing nature of Age Rewind, which as an oily skin owner, I don't really need.

It was only on here that I learned that the HIP line is supposed to be targeted toward we ladies of flava, I thought it was targeted toward younger people, and was just about having more pigment in the products, and looking over their color range, it seems to me there is something for just about everybody there, with the possible exception of the rose-dipped-in-milk (with props to Kate Douglas Wiggin) and the Nicole Kidman-Alexis Bledel-grade alabaster factions, but everybody else should be pretty well covered.

And I mean that literally, too, because the product does provide pretty good coverage, much better than I expected for something that says "oil-free" and whose ads appear strongly skewed toward consumers young enough to be my um, younger sisters.

I do agree with other reviewers that the packaging sucks. I invariably get more out than I would need if I had three faces. Or one really giant one.

Thanks to JustMeas for the heads up, I do hope she is wrong though and that they will not discontinue this stuff, it is a staple of my daily beauty regimen, and just in case, I am going to grab all the Sand off the CVS shelf on Monday and hoard the stuff!

on 9/25/2007 1:07:00 PM

I don't understand the negative reviews for this product. OK, I'm in my 50s and my skin isn't prone to breakouts so I haven't had the problems some other users have had. I tried this because I like the HIP pigments. The foundation goes on smoothly and it's a nice feel. It give me just enough coverage-- my skin is fairly good and I just need something to even out the color. I wear a lot of bright gold, orange and green and the honey shade looks great on my skin. I got unsolicited wows from my daughter's friend who is a MAC maven.

on 12/30/2006 8:46:00 PM

I'm very pale, but yellow-toned (around NC25). I've noticed two magazine makeup articles that supposedly used the shade nude on very pale people. I was curious, so I tried it. I use very little foundation, but the liquids usually look unnnatural on me, even if i use a drop. I had also read this was very natural looking. It was very orange going on, but it melted into my skin and the color seemed to almost disappear so the effect is more like a tinted moisturizer (without the moisture) that is usually darker than foundation, but blends in to give a glow. Blending is the key because it doesn't match my skin I've looked at this in several different lighting situations and it looks good. I wear a lot of greasy sunblock and this does not accentuate the slime, but it isn't matte. The texture is very natural, definitely different than other foundations and believe me I've tried so many from $1 to $50. Will have to keep looking at this one, but so far I like it. Usually if I try to darken my skin with tints and bronzers I find the effect aging, but this one is different.

on 9/10/2006 9:00:00 AM

I think the reason we are all getting this with a "free coupon" is because the colors available so far? ...well, they suck, and L'Oreal knows it and they are "giving it away". The lightest shade available was WAAAY too dark on me. But, I got a coupon in the mail for a free bottle, went to the drugstore, looked at the choices available and tried to pick out the lightest one. Still way too dark. Maybe it wasn't supposed to be marketed to pale people like me, I don't know... At least I got it free.

on 3/17/2006 12:32:00 PM

I love this foundation!!! I bought it in Nude originally, which is yellow-orange. I replaced it with Sand, which is even more yellow. I'm caucasion, but foundation is never yellow enough for me. I love the coverage & consistency. I wear this with pink cream blush and I'm finally happy with my makeup. Believe me, I have tried EVERY high-end department store brand out there & this is the first time in a long time that I'm happy with my choice.