L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 36-43
L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

Ingredients Water Isododecane Cyclopentasiloxane Glycerin Cyclohexasiloxane PEG-10 Dimethicone Poly(methyl Methacrylate) Butylene Glycol Dimethicone Isoeicosane Disteardimonium Hectorite Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/ 1 Dimethicone Sodium Chloride C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates POLYGLYCERYL-4 Isostearate Hexyl Laureate Isostearyl Neopentanoate Diazolidinylurea Methyl Paraben Propyl Paraben Vitamin E Panthenol Aluminum Oxide Iron Oxide Mica Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love the way this foundation matches my skin. It actually was a better option for me than the more expensive Make Up For Ever HD foundation. Too bad L'Oreal doesn't carry it anymore.

on 1/19/2008 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Me thinks this line is being discontinued because I found it (drum roll) at the .99 store.
The foundation went on smoothly and easily blended. Unfortunately, the color was a tad too dark for my skin tone. Also, not at all pleasing was the dispensing. When are execs going to get it that we prefer products for use on the body on a near daily basis that dispense in a more hygienic fashion?
My No Waste Policy forced me to pour this product into an old foundation bottle with a pump dispenser and mix with left over lighter tones from my revlon line.
Would not repurchase at retail price.

on 6/13/2007 4:41:00 PM

Iam to find a foundation which matches my skin perfectly at a good price. I normally would have to use dermablend in chocolate brown to match my skin now Loreal offers me a excellent choice in 828 Henna

on 1/17/2007 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Loreal was not kidding when it called this high pigmented foundation. Well, after searching high and low in department stores, Sephora and drugstores, I was about give up on foundations and wear nothing other than my blush or bronzer. Drugstore brands have always failed me because there is always a little bit of ashy shade in all foundations. That said, I found this foundation by concidence while I was looking at Loreal products. This foundation is not for everyone, especially those who are very fair. I am medium, but even the shade Nude, which is the lightest one, still looks a bit dark on me. The reason that I liked this was because it had enough yellow that it blended easily with my own skin. Overall, I am in shock that finally a drugstore brand is creating shades that are not too pink or ashy.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

BRAVO!!! LOVE THIS FOUNDATION
#818 Teak worked well for me; DDD with yellow & red undertones(NW45). I wear with my Iman Oil Blotting P/P in Light/Medium & a few spritz of BenNye Final Seal.

PROS: Very smooth, creamy texture. Great buildable coverage. So don't need concealer. Feels light weight on skin. L'Oreal did a wonderful job creating natural/wearable shades for us ladies of color. No breakouts. Looks wonderful all day long. Well worth the $12 pricetag. But you can get it on a BOGO event or on ebay.

CONS: Like most liquids, doesn't hold up to moisture well. So I switch to just powder & Ben Nye 'Final Seal' in the warmest summer months.
***** UPDATE 2/28/07 *****I wrote to L'Oreal because I was so afraid this foundation was being d/c. Here is their response:

February 28, 2007

Thank you for your interest in HIP Foundation SPF 15.

This product is available and has not been discontinued. We offer our complete line of products to the stores, and it is the store manager's decision which products the store will carry. If your local store does not have this product in stock, please ask the store manager to order it for you.

L'Oral Paris products are available at mass market retailers, drugstores, and supermarkets nationwide.
You can order many of our products online. Please visit our website again at www.lorealparisusa.com and look for the "Shop" feature for links to online retailers and e-tailers.

Please be aware that the online retailers and e-tailers listed may not carry our complete line of products and shades. Promotional items are not available for purchase online.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Claudette I. Williams
Consumer Affairs Supervisor
Ref # 3967509
continued >>

on 11/20/2006 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I also got this free with the coupon and I would buy it at full price definitely. It has excellent coverage and the color is good. I am Native American, so my skin tone is sort of medium-tone olive skin. I normally use Sand in L'oreal and I may go a bit lighter with this line. I like that it is focused on darker skinned women (we are the majority anyway!). I realize that this may not work for lighter skinned women, but there are ALOT of options out there in that color range, so no big deal.

I was using Urban Decay Supernatural, but found it provided too much coverage and now actually use it as a concealer! It also made me breakout. I was using Costco's Borghese makeup, but found it provided to little coverage, but no breakouts. HIP has the best of both worlds. I also like this better than TrueMatch (another L'oreal makeup). TrueMatch seemed okay, but not great too me. This is something I will use again and again. I have oily skin and use beta hydroxy exfoliant lotion under my makeup, so I have not experienced any mask-like effect.

UPDATE: I found the color after a while to be too strong.

on 9/10/2006 9:20:00 AM

I got this free, and got the "Sand" shade. Still too dark for me for this time of year. These foundations would be great for Eastern women, and women of color. They should market it more that way. I mean, you can really tell just by looking at the bottles for the most part if these foundations will go with your skin or not! The formula itself is smooth and natural looking without being shiny. Give it a try if you have darker skin. So I am marking this a yes, because it is a good formula.