L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 19-24
L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Ingredients Water Isododecane Cyclopentasiloxane Glycerin Cyclohexasiloxane PEG-10 Dimethicone Poly(methyl Methacrylate) Butylene Glycol Dimethicone Isoeicosane Disteardimonium Hectorite Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/ 1 Dimethicone Sodium Chloride C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates POLYGLYCERYL-4 Isostearate Hexyl Laureate Isostearyl Neopentanoate Diazolidinylurea Methyl Paraben Propyl Paraben Vitamin E Panthenol Aluminum Oxide Iron Oxide Mica Titanium Dioxide

on 5/18/2009 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i used teak and it was amazing i loved it . hip really did hide the imperfections.( i usually use foundation and set with powder ) but i found my self not really using powder i scraped the bottle dry. they always discontinue the good stuff

on 12/16/2008 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Excuse me while I sob all over my keyboard! This was my HG foundation for a long time. The pigment was super stunning. I used it everyday religiously. I had 3 bottles of this stocked up because I couldn't bear to live without it. Then a month or so ago I was running dangerously low on my third bottle, so I ran out to get some more. To my horror, this foundation line has been discontinued. My heart is broken. I was speechlesss. What is a girl supposed to do without her HG foundation?! I am using Chanel's Mat Lumiere now, and although the color is similar, the intensity of the pigment just isn't there. I still have a tiny bit of this left in the bottle and I'm holding onto it for dear life until the perfect occasion. I've learned a valuable lesson, stay up to date on your products, and if they are in fact going to be discontinued, stock up, stock up, stock up! What I wouldn't do for one more bottle of this!

on 12/31/2007 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I have a dark complexion and always find that foundations are either too orange or too pale/ashy. I started using HIP Liquid in Earthen 826, someone say LOVE... I'd trade my hubby for a lot of this magic potion! :p)) Just kidding. I have very oily skin and the foundation does hold up well for hours on end. I do blot with oil-absorbing tissues and reapply a pressed powder, it's great make-up, but not a miracle. I'd recommend it to any woman of color who's had a hard time finding a foundation to match her complexion. I recently tried the shadows and they're freakin awesome too, I'll be picking up a few more colors soon. I read the good reviews on the eyeshadows and blush and they sound great as well. Walgreens, here I come!!

on 10/27/2007 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is my HG foundation! It blends easily and beautifully and matches my skintone perfectly. I currently use it in SAND w/yellow undertones. It makes my skin look flawless and radiant! However, you can't use much under your eyes near fine lines or else it will settle in them as the day wears on. But this is a minor gripe as i only need powder for undereye coverage. This is usually $13 at CVS, but I was lucky enough to get free coupons for them! I also like how it has sn SPF 15 to protect my skin. My only gripe is that I had a hard time looking for my right color, but once I found it, I have discovered that I love it! For reference, I am NC35, olive-tan complexion, black hair. I have included a pic of how it makes my skin look:
continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Wow! Talk about a good product that is definitely a great alternative to MAC or to someother Highend foundation. I use this foundation with my shiseido primer and shiseido powdery foundation and it just gives me a great look.

I use only a little to make my face more even and more smooth.

Good color, good price and good feel.

I love this! My color is sand.

on 6/26/2007 2:28:00 PM

Originally bought this because I couldn't find my MAC moistureblend NC35. I usually get a tone darker than my tone because I tan easily, so I bought Honey. I didn't use it much until the past couple days, because I ran out of my NC35. I'm using the pan in my NC35 compact so that way it picks up whats left of the color and I don't like the way it goes on (it goes on a little too wet for me), but when it dries, I love the texture it dries to. It doesn't go on too heavy, but because of that, I put more on and I look a little caky, but not flaky caky. Its a good foundation, I don't mind it, but nothing beats my MAC. I'll use this as I am now - when I'm low on my NC35.

And, yes, this morning before I put my face on, I noticed a couple break outs, but nothing major and I have severly sensitve skin.

on 2/14/2007 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am NC30ish and I have this in nude, which is a little too dark for my skin. However, my HG revlon colorstay decided to change its colors, so when I bought the same shade I had always bought, it was a lot lighter! I needed something darker and yellow toned to mix with it, and this works great. It seems light, and I love how yellowtoned it is. I wish they'd make lighter shades, so I could use it without mixing it!

EDIT: I've noticed this color is sort of orange.. it works on me because I mix it with a lighter and more pink/neutral toned foundation, but it's way too orange to match even my yellowtoned skin.

EDIT again: I've also noticed that this is very oily and breaks me out. It also has no staying power by itself! Back to mineral makeup for me....

on 1/26/2007 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Errrrgghhhh....I did NOT like the feel of this foundation at all. I had such high hopes for it after reading the review on here, but it just did not work for me. I tried using it with my fingers and with a foundation brush, but it always came out very cakey and unnatural looking, and the packaging blows - each time I used it, the bottle poured out much, much more than I needed to use, no matter how carefully I tried to stem the flow. The good news is, I got it for about $3, since CVS was having a 75% off clearance. I'm not sure why my experience with this foundation was so much at odds with almost everyone elses' experiences - I'll try it one more time to see if it works out.

UPDATE: I tried this one more time using a sponge, and it's still AWFUL. I've tried lots of foundations/tinted moisturizers (LM, Neutrogena, Becca, MUFE, Lancome, Pout, Tarte, Chanel...the list goes on), but this is by far the worst. I have skin that takes very well to foundation, and if I ever don't like a foundation, it's not because it doesn't look good on, it's usually because I don't care for the texture or something. But this is the first foundation I've ever found that actually makes my skin look heinous. I can actually SEE it sitting on top of my skin, and it looked completely unnatural, masky and cakey. :( Gross. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I really like this foundation. It may not be my ideal, but it is certainly close. I certainly prefer this to the True Match foundation (which couldn't be further from a true match if it tried). The finish is smooth and the coverage is even and very natural. I have this in Cappucino and Tawny. My African American skin has both cool and warm undertones, so I put the two colors on different parts of my face. I do wish this came in a pump bottle, as it tends to run out of the bottle really easily. For any woman of color who has trouble finding a matching foundation, I recommend that you check HIP out. This foundation is the closest I have come, and it even has a shade that matched my super-yellow skinned mother. For those of you who are complaining about the lack of color selection, welcome to our world! I think its pretty obvious that this line was made for women of color, hence the richer pigments and use of models of color. L'Oreal (not to mention every other brand on the market) has about 15 other foundations for paler-skinned women that you may want to check out instead of giving this a bad rating.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've never worn foundation before because I could never find a shade to match my skin tone. I bought this yesterday, and it matches perfectly. It doesn't feel or look like there is anything on my face, it just looks like I have flawless radiant skin.
EDIT: This makes my face shine like new money. I was looking at photos my friends and I took, and I looked like a complete greaseball. I changed the rating from 5 to 3 because of the shine factor even though it's a perfect match for my skin. Perhaps I was supposed to wear it with powder. Luckily, my skin has cleared up, so I don't have to wear this anymore.