4.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

11 years ago

I did not love this palette. Maybe it's just because I'm not very gifted with blending skills...but I found this quad very hard to work with. I looked bruised when I used the color combos. I tried to love it, but in the end I swapped it away...

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

12 years ago

The real winner here is Scarab (the green one). It's what the Barbie Springtime Skipper should've been and wasn't - deep enough so that the gold undertones don't wash out my skin and make me look jaundiced. Every colour suits my medium-toned skin, and these days the quad offers three colours that you can't get in the store - only Sketch is still in the permanent eyeshadow line. The most versatile quad from MAC I've ever owned.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

12 years ago

I LOVE this quad!! every color works really well for me. I already had Sketch and really liked it but I swapped it away when I got this. I don't know if it's just my imagination, but the Sketch in the quad is smoother and has better payoff and less fallout than my single did. Anyway, Scarab the dark foresty khaki green is so buttery and blends amazingly. Rye is a really interesting gold and goes wonderfully with all three of the other colors in the quad. Thunder is a really smooth light mauvey shadow and looks great on the lid with sketch in the crease, or even as a highlight shade. I was worried that Thunder would be too dark to use as a highlighter on me, but it really works well. There are so many no fail ways to use all these shades together or with other shades, but I really like that you don't need outside shades to create a look with it. I like putting Rye on the inner corners, Scarab on the outer corners and a little sketch in the crease and highlight with Thunder, also Rye on the lid with Scarab in the crease is awesome. I only own three quads but this is my fave!

About reviewer (334 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

1.0

12 years ago

Wow. Didn't know this quad was so loved! Guess I am in the minority!! I think I was wanting this to work for me, but it just didn't. Thunder and Scarab were my favorites from this! Thunder is the most beautiful mauve-pink and Scarab is this lovely dark olive, mossy golden green! Rye unfortunately just shows up as yellow-gold sparkle and kinda makes me look like I have jaundice, not cute. Wanted to love Sketch, but it makes me look bruised. Sketch shows up on me brownish burgandy with barely noticeable sparkle. I basically do the same looks with this quad everytime...it gets no love except when I use it on others!

About reviewer (90 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

13 years ago

I have no words for this beautiful quad. Truly the most amazing thing since sliced bread, everything about it is fab :) Limited Edition in 2005 with Catherine Deneuve.<br> <br> The standout in this quad has to be Scarab, a darker frosted green-brown with green shimmer that manages to avoid muddiness. I love Veluxe Pearls, and Scarab is definitely no exception. In the pan, it looks really similar to Sumptuous Olive, but swatched, it's TONS greener and golder. It turns this spankin' frosty dark army green when used wet, and I have to stop myself from using this every time I go to put on makeup!<br> <br> Rye is a pretty dirty yellow-gold, very warm and wearable. This is one of the nicest dark golds I've met, and there's a bit of a brown tone in it too - very earthy.<br><br> Thunder is a nice highlight colour, or a lid colour, even. It's a pale pink that somehow appears pink on the lid even though the payoff isn't as good as the other two LEs.<br> <br> The repromote, Sketch, pales in comparison to the other three, but is still beautiful, and perhaps a respite from the overload of shimmer! It's a dark plum with undetectable red shimmer - it looks quite matte on me, especially when blended out.<br> <br> I wear this quad with Gold Dusk pigment in the inner corner, Rye on the lid, Scarab in the crease and outer-V, Sketch to line and Ricepaper to highlight. I also like to do a look with Ricepaper, Sketch and Thunder - it turns out very nice, neutral and contoured. This quad is easily versatile for both day & night, and I really can't recommend it more! <br><br> NC30, MMM, AAB, Chanel 30 yellow-olive undertones, slightly pink in the cheeks.<br> <br> <b>EDIT 21/11/07 : If anyone is JUST looking for Scarab, Becca creme eye colour in Patina is a GREAT dupe!</b>

About reviewer (77 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium

13 years ago

Generally, i only use one or 2 colors in a eyeshadow quad, but Thunder Eye Quad...wow...love every single color.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

14 years ago

I want to hoard this palette forever, it is so pretty. I almost would get a backup which is unheard of for me in eyeshadows. Lovely warm greens and purples, this is such a versatile lovely quad. You can do sedate work looks or wild night out looks with it and the colors all work together beautifully and blend well. It really is the perfect quad. Rye and Scarab are to die for. Find it if you can.

About reviewer (170 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Dark, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

14 years ago

Simply an AMAZING quad for my olivey green hazel eyes! I cheated on my "no buy" to purchase this quad off of eBay and I do not regret it one bit. I am a PPP with the aforementioned green hazel eyes and auburn hair and this is the end-all be-all collection of shades for my coloring. When I wore Thunder and Sketch together this week a co-worker I have known for 10 months commented that she "never realized my eyes were so piercingly green"! I could not be more pleased! None of the shades are 100% unique but each one represents the best of its category. I have other semi-pale lavender-mauve-pink shimmer shades, but Thunder really is the most versatile and flattering of them. Similarly, I have lots of gold-based neutral shimmers but Rye somehow manages to top them all (maybe because it isn't too yellow?). I love olivey shades but the texture and richness of Scarab are to die for! This is a terrific quad and if you have any chance to purchase it I would not hesitate!

About reviewer (352 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

14 years ago

I love this quad. It is by far my favorite. I love Rye and Scarab. I wish Scarab were a permanent color. It is a little like Sumptuous Olive but the green/gold is more intense. The colors in this quad are so complimentary to Brown/Hazel eyes. Perfect.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinNormal

EyesHazel

14 years ago

This is my most used quad now as it is quite versatile. I get two great eye looks out of it. Sorry I don't remember all the names but I use the green one (scarab) with the goldeny-green one for one eye look, and the pink one with sketch for another. For both eye looks I use Naked Lunch as a base. I payed Aussie retail which was $68, which is still pretty good value for 4 full sized eyeshadows.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinCombination