MAC Full Coverage Foundation

MAC Full Coverage Foundation
image 1image 2image 3image 4

3.8

Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Alumina, Stearic Acid. May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines.

on 5/4/2016 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is one of those foundations your face cannot handle on a daily basis. It's very thick and heavy, which is good in some instances. This foundation is perfect for the stage (pageant girls, dancers, etc). It creates a flawless and perfect face, but besides wearing it on the stage, you won't catch this foundation on my face. It makes my face oh so oily!

on 12/28/2015 5:03:00 PM

Firstly I gave this a high packaging rating because I had no issue whatsoever with it; just basic foundation packaging.
As for the product - I hated it.
I so so so so so wanted to love it, I read so many great reviews and was excited to have an all in one product to cover my acne, extreme scaring and hyper pigmentation.
After watching several online tutorials I applied the product with a buffing brush. It felt thick and heavy on my skin. This is something I am more than willing to live with in order to cover my scaring, however it didn't. All my scars were fully visible and my spots even more so. I've had years of practice of applying makeup to cover my skin concerns so this was no mistake on my part in application.
Determined to make it work I added some concealer etc and it appeared to have covered most of my problem areas. An hour later however and the majority of my scars were visible again and all of the foundation had gathered into my smile lines and pores.
Basically it was a disaster. Perhaps for those with problem skin but not as severe as mine this is a miracle product. But the greasy, heavy feel on my skin, lack of coverage and caking made it a throw away product for me. I cant even use it as a concealer as some people have suggested because it just slides straight off.
Very sad as this was expensive and usually MAC products are my holy grail.
This said, other skin types may have better luck, however if my descriptions of my skin type match yours, avoid this product.

To Read all 209 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use the MAC tear drop sponge or MAC fdtn brush (does not come w any applicators), to apply this. It's time consuming to work it in thin layers which I suggest building it rather than one thick layer that will result in cake face & later will melt off ur face. I don't use w beauty blender coz it wastes my precious product more than w brush or flat sponge. I know coz I've tried both techniques. This fdtn is awesome thou covers evthing. I got mine a shade too light but I'm making it work but I wore NC15 in high school so I automatically ordered NC15 again well it's not quite right but better to be a hair too pale than overly dark Snooki looking. High rec'd!! This is a godsend for me coz I have so many freckles that I hate & this gives me such good coverage but it can be sheered out too. It can double as a concealer too but I prefer using StudioFinish concealer as concealer but this will do. Mine is a bit dry which was disappointing but maybe scratching off the initial layer will prove to be helpful it may reveal more usable product. This isn't for beginners & I noticed I see there is a learning curve w this also but once I got the hang of working w it, it produces a beautifully beat face photoshop flawless. Really good stuff. I have 4 MAC fdtn's & I have a hard time deciding which is my fave coz they are all so different but in a good way! MAC is my fave line. <3...

on 12/11/2015 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think I may have found my HG foundation. I rarely give any reviews. However, I must say this foundation did not look cakey on me and provided me with a soft focus glow - almost natural looking skin.

My application routine: Moisturize!!! I use MAC stobe cream followed by Too Faced Primed and Poreless primer. I use my RT buffing brush to apply the foundation, then I just use my beauty blender to make sure that the foundation has been absorbed by my skin.

Voila, a nice flawless skin. I use Skindinivia Finishing Spray in Oil Control to finish it off :)

on 10/24/2015 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation really gives a full coverage. If you have an acne problem, you gonna love it. I'm using it with an oil-free primer and transparent powder, otherwise it makes my t-zone shiny because it has an oily and creamy formula. In my opinion, this is more suitable for normal and dry skin types.

on 10/19/2015 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Have resisted trying MAC foundation before now as I've always been told that they're not the best for acne prone skin, however I've also seen that their shade range especially for pale skin like mine - is amazing.

Price wise - £25 (I think it was!) I'm happy to pay high end prices for what I'm looking for, double wear comes in at heart £10 more, price isn't an issue - results are!

Was also looking for something full coverage, and this seemed to fit the bill.

Colour match is pretty much perfect, I plumped for NC15 - nothing else I've tried has suited me better.
Packaging is sleek and understated, I like that I can see the shade through the compact.
Odourless, opaque really full coverage - I love the finish it gives me when I've put it on with my real techniques expert face brush, or a damp real techniques sponge, and set with loose powder.

However, after 3-4 hours, it appears to go patchy, wear off and 'collect' around dry patches. Such a shame as I thought I'd hit the jackpot with this foundation after trying practically every foundation out there from 'drugstore' to high end.

I think I'll use it here and there as a blemish / under eye etc.. concealer as the coverage is perfect, but too many touch ups would be needed to keep this looking good full-face throughout the day.

I've tried applying with and without primer and BB cream underneath, with the Beauty Blender, real techniques buffing brush, using loose and set powder and setting spray, none of it makes much of a difference ..... me and MAC full coverage just aren't meant to be! :(

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Love this as concealer! I have it in NC35, and I am an NC37 in SFF. I do find that it wears away quickly, but I have that problem with almost all concealers. My KVD Tattoo concealer lasts on the skin longer than this one, but I prefer this one for touch ups or on the go because it is a cream, and not a liquid. I depotted mine so that the whole product would not be contaminated. For the amount of product you get, and because I use this as a spot concealer, this is such a steal!

on 9/30/2015 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Skin type - acne prone, active acne, scarring & pigmentation plus dry flaky patches.

My skin has changed quite a lot and I've had to stop wearing foundation altogether. (My acne is clearing up still active spots and dark purple scarring.) it has become so so dry that any foundation I use looks disgusting. (I use a strong acne cream and I'm very sensitive to the cold) Even bb creams start to flake. I've been using avene moisture mask as a daily moisturiser plus as a mask for bed; applying after I've used my acne treatment. It's helping.

Changed primer from standard Mac prep and prime to the Mac yellow natural radiance primer. (More hydrating)

Now for the foundation....
You can only buy online or at a Mac store. I went to a concession and asked for their advice on shade. Went for NC20 (in double wear I'm between ivory beige and desert beige). It arrived and it's a good match. Would probably need to mix NC30 as this is the next shade up if I had a tan.

Application - after watching tons of tutorials it seemed everyone used a buffing brush. I usually use a beauty blender but this product is so thick it needs the brush I think. Everyone said its like a giant version of the studio finish concealer but it feels lighter and hasn't got as dry finish. It's definitely not the same I promise. (I tried just using the concealer all over my face to see if I was wasting my money and it's not the same - looks awful!)

I applied to my face having washed it a couple of hours ago and it looked terrible. Patchy and flaky and didn't cover :(

I re washed my face, exfoliated, moisturised with moisture mask and then primed. Waited 5 mins to re apply.

It's amazing!!!!! Im never going to get perfect foundation with skin how it is at the moment, but it is the best it's looked in ages. It has a dewy finish, a lot of bloggers set it to matte with powder but if I used powder I would literally crack all over. It did cling to some flakes but I can handle that for the overall appearance of my face. It looks fresh, double wear started making me look old even if I used highlighters and such. It was too powdery for my dry skin.

Preparation is key otherwise you will be so disappointed but it does work. I will add to this review if my mind changes!!

on 7/19/2015 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I read reviews on here, and completely ignored them. Never again will I ignore these trusted reviews!

For every MAC foundation I can be matched to an NC15 (I'm 150 Buff for Revlon Colorstay). I had read reviews on here that the shades run a bit lighter for Full Coverage when compared to other MAC foundations, and even after using Findation, which matched Full Coverage to NC20 for me, I still ignored it and went for NC15 (I bought it online, as it is only available in pro stores,or online). In my head, I thought that if it was too light, I can just deepen it with some bronzer around the perimeter of my face to give a highlight/contour appearance, as I have never been able to use this technique before because I am so pale.

I ignored all the reviews, and alas, it was too light. I looked like Casper. I did a half-face comparison with Revlon Colorstay, and honestly, I could have gone about my day fine, because there wasn't much difference in colour. But it was lighter. It was too pale. And in fact, too pink toned. Revlon Colorstay has the tendency to oxidise, brining about a slightly darker, more yellow, yet more natural colour match for me. MAC Full Coverage doesn't oxidise, which is a very good thing, as long as you have the correct shade. So that is a very good thing!

It can be difficult to blend, and even though I love to use a damp sponge, it just wasn't working for me, and I found that the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush worked best.

It definitely is full coverage, but its not cakey, as long as you blend it well, really buffing it in to the skin. It's very buildable. It definitely does need to be set with a powder because it is very sticky. I really dislike using powder, even though I am very oily, because I have such large pores (check out my Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray review), so this was a big negative for me.

Furthermore, It sinks into my pores. Maybe it would work better with a pore filling primer.

Because of this, I can't use it as a foundation, but it works so well as a concealer. It's basically a giant version of the Studio Finish concealer, but without the spf. It has 3 times the amount of product, for much less than double the price. So I would highly recommend buying this instead if you like that concealer. Much more product for your money.

Overall, as a foundation, no. Concealer, absolutely.

But make sure to pick the right shade! One shade darker than you usually would be

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I recently bought this foundation as I wanted to switch from the studio fix fluid foundation also from Mac. This shit is FULL coverage. I get breakouts regularly and I have a few dark spots and this foundation covered it up no problem. The downside to this foundation is that you can definitely tell you're wearing makeup and if it isn't applied correctly, you can look cakey. In terms of texture it's easy to apply as it's so smooth, it's basically a larger version of Macs studio tech concealer. it does cling to dry spots horrendously and also slips off of oily skin within an hour no matter what primer or powder is used (I tried 8!). When I first used this I found it extremely hard to wear as it has a shiny finish and simply does not look nice. It made me look like I was wearing a mask and this was awful especially as I'm used to wearing full coverage anyway! No matter how much I blotted my skin or applied powder, it simply would not give a nice finish and I found that in little as an hour I would look shiny and just awful. It is not long wearing. I would recommend this foundation to people with normal skin if you're looking for full coverage however the price of 25 is definitely not worth it. It also gives flashback in photos. I definitely would not repurchase, although I love Mac products this was a let down for me.