Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55
Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

3.2

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (10%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (2.8%), Oxybenzone (6%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6 Naphthalate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Trideceth 6, Behenyl Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, ppd 9

I kinda really hate this stuff. My derm recommended it and I've been using it for over 6 month now but suddenly I just can't. It's super greasy looking and it BURNS my face most days. I've been having a lot of redness which I just now decided to tackle after like 2 years and this needs to go. I don't know how responsible it is for my redness but burning your face can't possibly be helping. Also, contains parabens. The only thing I can say is that it never broke me out

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Super cheap, (13 dollars for a pack of 2 at Target) but it does not sit well under makeup, and it makes my face very oily throughout the day. I'm blotting constantly. I'm trying out new sunscreens after they raised the price on Elta MD, and this is not filling its shoes.

on 5/19/2017 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I kept buying this for a few years when I first realized I needed sun protection, not sun tan lotion. I am NC 30-35, combination skin, tending towards dry, prone to milia and hives. This stung the skin; caused break outs (I generally don't break out too much), bumpiness, and shine. It was NOT matte. It was not cosmetically elegant. And, if you have the misfortune to sweat, it burns the eyes. One summer, i tried to pass it off to my very pale husband who has great skin and who is bald; he avoided it and started to wear a lot of hats. (We are not beach people and he does wear long sleeves, so he can get away with this somewhat).

I transitioned into Ombrelle (white cast, thick texture), Paula's choice spf 30 (too expensive and somewhat unimpressive); then Roche posay (tinted for face) and the other one in the big tube for body (the latter of which has to be rubbed in well) ; then the orange tube of Kiss My face with hydrophasia (no idea what that is, but recently the tubes have gotten much smaller and the price has gone up a bit); and Biore aqua (inconvenient because you have to order it on Amazon and shipping takes a while). All of these have been better than the Neutragena. will try out a few suggestions below.

I have sensitive acne prone and oily skin. I don't love this product but I don't hate it either. When I wear it alone I absolutely love how it feels on my skin when it dries. It makes me feel less greasy than typical sunscreens. However when I use this it doesn't last very long. I find that I should keep reapplying otherwise my face will not feel soft and dry and protected anymore. I do love it so I use it sparingly now, definitely not everyday, mainly only when I remember it exists. Surprisingly enough I feel like my skin does much better without any sunscreen at all (I have Filipino skin so a little sun tan doesn't matter to me, it doesn't make a difference).

on 5/19/2017 11:01:00 AM

SENSITIVE SKIN PLZ DO NOT TRY!

I don't have a sensitive skin but this crap burn me out so bad lol. I could totally feel the burning the second i put it on my face and i don't know what the heck was happening. Tried it several times and yep still burn!

2nd problem, it is WHITE. W-H-I-T to the E. This is a very chemical sunscreen rather than physical so leaving white cast is not a wanted effect.

3rd problem: very chemical smell, and the smell barely goes away.

4th problem: Are the scientists behind this blind or am i blind, why they put "lightweight" and "dry-touch" on the packaging when it feels super thick and wet and sticky and shiny on skin?? I can feel it clog my pore as whenever i sweat i can see sweat rolling on my face like rolling on a nylon film LOL , and yes I sweat all the time after putting this on, like literally this blocks out not only sun but also AIR. It doesn't let my skin breathe :p

I know everyone has personal opinion and I feel bad for this negative review, but honestly, I won't recommend it to anyone. I have ace-prone skin and i don't want to give it more burden by wearing this sunscreen all day long.
There are way more better products out there that give you a good protection layer, shine the least without irritating your skin. Try Bioderma Photoderm MAX Aquafluide SPF 50+, Avene Mineral Ultra-Light Hydrating Sunscreen Lotion 50+, Elta MD UV Clear SPF 46 (fewwhh long names!), those r good options for combi-oily + sensitive skin, maybe not the most budget-friendly sunscreens but all r very lightweight, absorb quickly and give you comfortable feeling with necessary ingredients for an optimal protection. I will pay extra money if what i get is a satisfying product.

Please redo a serious research on your product, Neutrogena!

on 11/15/2016 5:57:00 AM

why does it call dry touch?
i used it and become sweating and shining all over my face...
i wouldn't recommend it for oily or combination skin.

on 1/16/2015 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a thick, occlusive, waterproof, photo-stable, broad-spectrum sunscreen. I don't burn, tan, or freckle when I use this. However, unlike its claims, it does NOT dry matte on my skin, even if I powder over it, and it feels so gunky that I've never even bothered putting BB cream or foundation over it, which I kind of wanted to given the white cast it gives my face. It also stings my skin upon application and leaves little red bumps along my hairline and chin. I wasn't sure if they were acne (I literally have not had acne in about 15 years) or some other type of sensitivity. Given that the bumps greatly reduced overnight without me doing anything other than ditching this sunscreen, I'm going with an allergy or other skin condition triggered by this product. I don't know if it's the chemical sunscreen ingredients or the uncalled-for, unnecessary fragrance, but this is just not a product for people with sensitive skin.

on 11/3/2015 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Pros
- stays in place
- is, indeed, dry to the touch

Cons
- white cast on my NC44 skin
- can pill off
- burns eyes

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This product is absolute crap. Today was the 2nd time I used it because I had forgotten my favorite sunscreen at home. I kept this sunscreen around just in case I ever needed it in a pinch, but let me tell you it's not even worth it to keep it around for that.

It's hard to rub in so you have to use a lot. I use sunscreen daily so I would go through this tube quickly I'm sure. The worst part of it for me is how sticky it is and that it NEVER blends in. It's very white (and I'm already pale) and you can see where I rubbed it in. Not to mention it gets over everything and stains everything.

Just awful. It's probably an effective spf but it's not worth it. You can find better sunscreens that are cosmetically elegant and effective. My top 2 favorites for my body are Hawaiian Tropic island sport spf 30 and Banana Boat ultra defense spf 30. Both light and effective. I even like Neutrogena cool face sunscreen. But SKIP THIS SUNSCREEN.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For the face - I have dehydrated-normal skin and I found this sunscreen too drying for me as it would emphasize my fine lines. It does leave a white cast on my medium skin which I don't find obvious but it is worth noting. I don't sweat very much, but if even the tiniest bit got into my eyes it would sting quite a bit. I don't think it was breaking me out, but once I stopped using it I did get less acne but I had also changed some other things in my routine so I can't say for sure.

For the body - This is a decent enough body sunscreen, but again I did find it somewhat drying.

I can see this working well on normal-to-oily skin types, but I personally won't be repurchasing.