REVLON Luxurious Lengths

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/27/2008 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked this stuff, but I felt like ehhhhh there's a lot better. It's my favorite mascara that is cruelty free; Revlon doesn't test on animals. The brush is interesting, but I found myself only using the side with the long bristles. I won't purchase again, b/c like I said there is better out there.

I actually really liked this mascara. Yes, the brush is weird, but after I figured out how to work with it, I got great results. I applied the first coat with the long bristles, which added volume, then a second coat with the short side which lengthened. Some people have had good results using it in the opposite order, but that's the way it worked best for me. It gave a look comparable to Voluminous or the infamous Lash Blast, but without animal testing. Yay Revlon!

Full Size Image

on 1/19/2007 9:59:00 AM

Nice mascara. Would probably wear it for day time and switch to something else for evening.

This is one of the worst mascaras I have tried. Period. The reasons are:

*it smudges badly one me and that's something that happens rarely to me, a great majority of mascaras don't smudge at all

*the brush is difficult to use. seriously, i have to be extra careful not to poke myself in the eye when i use it and I'm prone to smear mascara all over the lids with this one (ok, so I often manage to get mascara on the lids -i contribute this to having very short and sparse lashes-but definitelly more often when using this)

*it doesn't do anything for my above mentioned short and sparse lashes, doesn't thicken them, doesn't lenghten them either (no more than any other mascara) and it also doesn't curl them (some mascara do curl my lashes nicely). Yes, I tried using the brush in different ways to get a better result (the recommended way, with the flat side first and then curved side; and in many other ways too, I don't give up easily.

All in all, this just doesn't work for me and i'm soon going back to Fabulash, which works nicely for my lashes.

on 2/20/2006 6:05:00 PM

I had high hopes for this, and it just did not deliver. It does look good on, it builds good length, etc, but I found it smudged a little too much for me.

on 2/11/2006 9:35:00 AM

So far this is one of my top drugstore mascaras. I try every new one that comes out to hopefully find my HG. I think this is my favorite msacara so far. I don't know if it is the only mascara I will ever buy, as I am in search for that perfect lash, but I really like it. It makes my lashes long and soft without a lot of volume (which is what I prefer.) If this is what you like in a lash it is a good one to try. Not a dramatic mascara but a good everyday.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

wow! i decided to try this (like so many things) based on the good reviews here. this really does lengthen--i was kind of dubious about the brush, but it does neatly and evenly coat each lash, so there is No Clumping. the flat side i assumed would undo all the neat work the first side had done, and clump it all up--but instead it just darkened and slightly thickened. this is not the most thickening mascara ever, but it does thicken. it does best what it says, though--it lengthens, and it does it without clumping. for around $5, this is awesome.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I usually look for a thickening mascara or something with volume, but this is a great surprise in the lengthening category. I picked this up on an impulse and really love the formula and now prefer it to Fabulash, which I've been using for months. I agree with the reviewer who noticed that it does not give the spider-leg or lumpy lash appearance that lengthening mascaras can sometimes do. It lengthens and actually lifts/defines my lashes more so than Max Factor's Lash Perfection (whose formula flakes and smudges - yuck!). I like the wand, though it takes some getting used too (one side is flat and the other like a regular brush). Retails for $5.99 at Target and I would re-purchase.

on 1/15/2006 8:52:00 AM

Finally a review on my favorite mascara. I am so happy I tried this. This is my favorite drugstore mascara. Perfect IMO. A HG for me for sure!!!!!!Lengthens beautifully with the perfect amount of volume so you don't have spider lashes. A great new find.