REVLON Luxurious Lengths

REVLON Luxurious Lengths

3.4

on 7/6/2010 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hmmm...Revlon has never had particularly great mascaras, but I would put this as one of the better ones, the best Revlon one for me is the double-wanded one. But anyway, the brush is really confusing. Not an on-the-go mascara, I only get my achieved look if I spend a good five minutes applying, combing, curling, and applying again. This layers pretty smoothly, even if the mascara is dry. But since there are so many better mascaras out there -- wouldn't buy again.

on 7/10/2008 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

While this mascara has not QUITE been a HG for me, so far, I've found it to be second only to Maybelline Full and Soft in the many, MANY different drugstore mascaras I've tried over the years. In fact, the formulation of Revlon's Luxurious Lengths is quite similar to Full and Soft overall, but whereas Full and Soft is mainly designed to give the lashes greater fullness (hence the name!), Luxurious Lengths is more designed to provide length, which is what my own lashes really need.

The wand for Luxurious Lengths takes some getting used to. It is full on one side and flat on the other--the package explains that you are supposed to use the full side first to build length and curl, then switch to the flat side to add additional color and intensity as needed. Generally, I have found this to work for me, but it's still a little tricky. I have found that I have to sort of position the flat side at the bottom of my lashes and then twist the full side around them to get the best effect. This little bit of effort is worth it, though, as it definitely adds length to my notoriously short, stubby lashes and even a bit of curl as well. The effect is very natural--again, just as Full and Soft builds natural-looking volume, Luxurious Lengths builds natural-looking length, not spiky long lashes.

Like I said, I don't think this is quite a HG product. I did take off one lippie for the difficulties in using the wand--I also feel the need to wipe off the excess product, something I don't have to do when I use Full and Soft. However, I do find that the mascara works well with no clumping. Overall, I've been fairly impressed with this product, as it has given me the length I desire, and I would purchase it again.

on 7/4/2008 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This works for me. I have very, very hooded eyelids, where my lids sit on my lashes, unless I get scared :) and this does not smudge off onto them. This makes my lashes long, not too thick and they do not feel hard. I aim for a natural but enhanced look. I have it in blackest black and it is not waterproof.

on 10/12/2007 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like this mascara. I have short, straight eyelashes & it seems to make them longer & thicker. I really like the brush which has a curved side which creates the curl & length & a flat side which deposits more color. I haven't had a problem with clumping so far. The downside for me is that it is harder to remove than other mascaras I've tried which is why I'm rating this a 3. But overall its a drugstore product I would buy again.

on 8/15/2007 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

If there's anyone who needs good mascara, it's me. I barely have any and what is there ain't too impressive. This stuff coated nicely without too many clumps. I got Black and I felt it darkened my lashed well enough to make them appear thicker. However, it didn't really add that much length nor did it hold the curl. It's not HG status but it's right in the middle there with Maybelline Great Lash and L'Oreal Voluminous.

on 3/24/2007 6:46:00 AM

This mascara doesn't really give you long lashes, but if you are looking for nice, natural and soft lashes, this is the product for you. Will purchase again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this mascara purely on the recommendations I read here. It does lengthen lashes and applies really evenly and does look nice the minute it is applied. BUT I cannot understand how anyone can say that this mascara stays put - it gives me the worst panda eyes of any mascara I have ever tried. I would definitely never buy this again.