REVLON Luxurious Lengths

2.3

on 10/13/2008 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Yeah, wow this stuff totally sucks. This is one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried. Three weeks after purchase (and having used the product only twice) the mascara was dried out. The wand design is absurd. I've been applying mascara to my eyelashes quite successfully for over 25 years, and this product isn't promising enough for me to undertake "re-learning" how to apply it so that I can validate their crummy brush design.

I have long eyelashes, but they're basically blonde and as I grow older they grow straighter and thinner. This mascara did not lengthen one iota, but it did add a little volume -- which promptly flaked off into my eyes and onto my cheeks.

I should've known better and spent the $6 on my usual L'Oreal "Lash Out". I'll never again waste my money on Revlon mascara.

on 4/23/2008 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I'm on the fence with this one. The formula is one of the dryer ones I've used. The brush has thick bristles; short on one side and longer on the other. The packaging is appealing, on the elegant side.
Product application: Very little volume or length. Not truely clumpy but definate baby clumps. I have this, as most of my mascaras, in waterproof. For such a natural look, in waterproof, this will only get play time on overnighters at the BF's - when I want a lil umf to my 'no mu' look. Otherwise it might work well on lower lashes for a bit of length without heavy thickening.
Would not repurchase for my needs but would recommend for others with good, tamed lashes needing just a bit of color.
BigLots about 2-3bucks.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Years ago, before I had used many mascaras at all, this one was my favourite. The length is great, it doesn't clump much, but the flakes are something I could live without. There aren't many flakes, but it's still an annoyance. The formula is wet which allows ample times to comb out the clumps and the brush gives my lashes a pretty curl. I'd buy this again when it dries out, since it's the only mascara I've ever used that actually gives me a nice curl without using an eyelash curler (which I hate using!). I would recommend.
Price: $6.99USD

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Not bad, but not great either. This product gave me good definition and a bit of length (though I think "luxurious" is an exagerration). It's a good everyday mascara if you're not expecting much in the way of drama. I liked the brush, I found that the curved side worked well on the upper lashes and the flat side on the lower. This is a decent product, but ultimately it doesn't live up to its promises in the length department.

on 7/17/2007 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Blegh. That is all I have to say.

on 10/10/2006 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

One of the worst mascaras I've ever used. It's really ironic that they actually named this product "Luxurious Lengths," because it doesn't lengthen AT ALL. The brush, as other reviewers have noted, is weird and ineffectual. Run, do not walk, to another option.