REVLON Luxurious Lengths

Filtered by hair type : Straight
REVLON Luxurious Lengths

2.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This stuff sucks. I guess it made my lashes look a tiny bit longer, but gave absolutely no volume and did not hold curl whatsoever. Plus it dried out in like 2 weeks and got all clumpy. And it smudged. Big time. The only good thing about this was that I got a free eyeshadow set of 4 cream shadows with it, and I really like those.

on 11/6/2008 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this mascara as a last minute topper to whatever other mascara I'm wearing. It lengthens really well & it's kind of like an eyelash brush to use at the end of makeup application, right before walking out the door.

I wouldn't use this alone, just because it doesn't give a dramatic enough look for me (I like volume!)

on 7/10/2008 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

While this mascara has not QUITE been a HG for me, so far, I've found it to be second only to Maybelline Full and Soft in the many, MANY different drugstore mascaras I've tried over the years. In fact, the formulation of Revlon's Luxurious Lengths is quite similar to Full and Soft overall, but whereas Full and Soft is mainly designed to give the lashes greater fullness (hence the name!), Luxurious Lengths is more designed to provide length, which is what my own lashes really need.

The wand for Luxurious Lengths takes some getting used to. It is full on one side and flat on the other--the package explains that you are supposed to use the full side first to build length and curl, then switch to the flat side to add additional color and intensity as needed. Generally, I have found this to work for me, but it's still a little tricky. I have found that I have to sort of position the flat side at the bottom of my lashes and then twist the full side around them to get the best effect. This little bit of effort is worth it, though, as it definitely adds length to my notoriously short, stubby lashes and even a bit of curl as well. The effect is very natural--again, just as Full and Soft builds natural-looking volume, Luxurious Lengths builds natural-looking length, not spiky long lashes.

Like I said, I don't think this is quite a HG product. I did take off one lippie for the difficulties in using the wand--I also feel the need to wipe off the excess product, something I don't have to do when I use Full and Soft. However, I do find that the mascara works well with no clumping. Overall, I've been fairly impressed with this product, as it has given me the length I desire, and I would purchase it again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I forgot how much I got this for but this mascara is pretty good compared to other drugstore mascaras. The short side will slightly plump up and blacken lashes while the longer bristles will lengthen lashes. I have asian lashes which can be so short but they become much longer. However, this dries really fast, can be clumpy, and the formula is so heavy it weighs lashes down so even if you use a lash curler your lashes droop down and becomes straight.

on 3/24/2007 6:46:00 AM

This mascara doesn't really give you long lashes, but if you are looking for nice, natural and soft lashes, this is the product for you. Will purchase again.

on 11/27/2006 11:18:00 AM

Sigh. It promised me so much. This is an okay mascara. It did what it said it would do, lengthen and curl, however, you REALLY have to WORK AT IT in order to get it on! Either my tube was dry, or its just a dry formula, but it took about 4 coats on each eye in order to see some results. Will not be buying again. In fact I think I"ll just throw it out now.

on 9/18/2006 12:48:00 AM

there is nothing luxurious about the length this mascara gives you, which is nonexistant. worse than that is the brush which is the most annoying brush i've ever used. half of it is supposed to add volume and the other is supposed to lengthen - why can't revlon make one shape that does both why do i have to do all the work? like i already said: annoying.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This won't be around long. Another weird, weird brush from Revlon. This time, you get no volume, and no length (which is even more offensive, given the name). I LOVE a natural mascara look, but this is way too minimal even for me. If you try to use multiple coats to make up for it, it clumps on you. And for the grande finale: Panda eyes within the first two hours! Another mascara failure for Revlon. Too bad--we're badly in need of a good drugstore mascara that is NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS. Right now, there are none. Maybelline, Cover Girl, L'Oreal, and Max Factor test on animals. My favorite mascara is Beauty Without Cruelty's Full Volume mascara, found online or in natural food stores. Ecco Bella has another good one.

This is one of the worst mascaras I have tried. Period. The reasons are:

*it smudges badly one me and that's something that happens rarely to me, a great majority of mascaras don't smudge at all

*the brush is difficult to use. seriously, i have to be extra careful not to poke myself in the eye when i use it and I'm prone to smear mascara all over the lids with this one (ok, so I often manage to get mascara on the lids -i contribute this to having very short and sparse lashes-but definitelly more often when using this)

*it doesn't do anything for my above mentioned short and sparse lashes, doesn't thicken them, doesn't lenghten them either (no more than any other mascara) and it also doesn't curl them (some mascara do curl my lashes nicely). Yes, I tried using the brush in different ways to get a better result (the recommended way, with the flat side first and then curved side; and in many other ways too, I don't give up easily.

All in all, this just doesn't work for me and i'm soon going back to Fabulash, which works nicely for my lashes.

on 7/21/2006 12:58:00 AM

I would suggest this is a very average mascara. I can only get the side of the wand that has long bristles to work to separate and define lashes but it doesnít fatten or lengthen. Itís easy enough to remove, doesnít flake or smudge so I canít fault it greatly but itís nothing special either. I donít plan to repurchase.