REVLON Luxurious Lengths

2.0

on 10/13/2008 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Yeah, wow this stuff totally sucks. This is one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried. Three weeks after purchase (and having used the product only twice) the mascara was dried out. The wand design is absurd. I've been applying mascara to my eyelashes quite successfully for over 25 years, and this product isn't promising enough for me to undertake "re-learning" how to apply it so that I can validate their crummy brush design.

I have long eyelashes, but they're basically blonde and as I grow older they grow straighter and thinner. This mascara did not lengthen one iota, but it did add a little volume -- which promptly flaked off into my eyes and onto my cheeks.

I should've known better and spent the $6 on my usual L'Oreal "Lash Out". I'll never again waste my money on Revlon mascara.

Basically, it coats your lashes but does not do a thing for them. I tried several light coats with drying between as well as slathering it on... nada. I wouldn't repurchase.. and I doubt I will use up what is left. It also flaked off rather quickly.

on 10/10/2006 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

One of the worst mascaras I've ever used. It's really ironic that they actually named this product "Luxurious Lengths," because it doesn't lengthen AT ALL. The brush, as other reviewers have noted, is weird and ineffectual. Run, do not walk, to another option.

This is one of the worst mascaras I have tried. Period. The reasons are:

*it smudges badly one me and that's something that happens rarely to me, a great majority of mascaras don't smudge at all

*the brush is difficult to use. seriously, i have to be extra careful not to poke myself in the eye when i use it and I'm prone to smear mascara all over the lids with this one (ok, so I often manage to get mascara on the lids -i contribute this to having very short and sparse lashes-but definitelly more often when using this)

*it doesn't do anything for my above mentioned short and sparse lashes, doesn't thicken them, doesn't lenghten them either (no more than any other mascara) and it also doesn't curl them (some mascara do curl my lashes nicely). Yes, I tried using the brush in different ways to get a better result (the recommended way, with the flat side first and then curved side; and in many other ways too, I don't give up easily.

All in all, this just doesn't work for me and i'm soon going back to Fabulash, which works nicely for my lashes.

on 1/26/2006 7:08:00 PM

Always on the lookout for a great mascara, I will try anything once. My lashes stick straight out, they are sparse, hard to curl, and short. So no matter what mascara I try, it takes a bit of work to get anything to show. Let alone get lush long thick lashes. I saw this new mascara by Revlon on a display at a drugstore and caved on it. I bought Blackest Black. I'm not sure that it's any blackier than any other black, but it isn't the shade that has me impressed. The wand is unusual in that one side of it has very short bristles, and the other side has longer bristles. So you can apply the mascara with the short side and then brush through it to remove clumps and even it out with the long side. I was able to build respectable length with this. I would say if you have nice lashes to begin with, you can get even more out of this product than I did. I did not try it with a lash primer yet. I may do that. But all of this is fine, and I was pleased. And then, at the end of a 16 hour day, the mascara held up perfectly, and the best part, the part that will have me repurchasing, is that there is absolutely no flaking whatsoever with this product! Yes! No flakes! I am stunned. Just to see if that would hold up even longer, I did not remove the mascara when I washed my face that night. Next morning still no flakes. I'm amazed. I've never really found a mascara that does not flake until I tried this, and I've tried more than I can count. I will repurchase. Thanks, Revlon, for a superb product!

I purchased this black mascara when it was displayed as a new product in Walgreens. At first I really liked it, then began getting lots of clumps when applying. One of the problems is the brush and the formula dries out fast too.