REVLON Luxurious Lengths

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
REVLON Luxurious Lengths

2.9

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my everyday mascara, in blackened brown. It is a complete pain in the ass to use, but I like the effect. I have naturally long, dark lashes. It does make them much longer, somewhat thicker and just more defined, but not unnaturally so. It's not a dramatic mascara.

Every time I read reviews about other mascaras like Voluminous or Diorshow or even Lash Exact I'm always like, "what is this, some enchanted mascara? You don't have to wipe off the brush, apply once, sweep across lashes horizontally, apply from the tip to every single lash, apply again from the top of the lashes, wipe down the lashes from clumps, wipe all the smudges off your eye lids, then wipe everything off your hands? What magical land does der Zaubermascara come from?"

Maybe with another brush it would be better. Or every package I've bought was past due. I consider it my "special needs" makeup tool. There are so many better mascaras out there, it's kind of like in 5th grade when I told my friends I liked the Monkees better than the Beatles. Obviously I'm embarrassingly wrong. But I just really like the lengthening effect without looking like the sleepy-eyed fringe on a drink-and-wet doll baby.

on 1/26/2006 7:08:00 PM

Always on the lookout for a great mascara, I will try anything once. My lashes stick straight out, they are sparse, hard to curl, and short. So no matter what mascara I try, it takes a bit of work to get anything to show. Let alone get lush long thick lashes. I saw this new mascara by Revlon on a display at a drugstore and caved on it. I bought Blackest Black. I'm not sure that it's any blackier than any other black, but it isn't the shade that has me impressed. The wand is unusual in that one side of it has very short bristles, and the other side has longer bristles. So you can apply the mascara with the short side and then brush through it to remove clumps and even it out with the long side. I was able to build respectable length with this. I would say if you have nice lashes to begin with, you can get even more out of this product than I did. I did not try it with a lash primer yet. I may do that. But all of this is fine, and I was pleased. And then, at the end of a 16 hour day, the mascara held up perfectly, and the best part, the part that will have me repurchasing, is that there is absolutely no flaking whatsoever with this product! Yes! No flakes! I am stunned. Just to see if that would hold up even longer, I did not remove the mascara when I washed my face that night. Next morning still no flakes. I'm amazed. I've never really found a mascara that does not flake until I tried this, and I've tried more than I can count. I will repurchase. Thanks, Revlon, for a superb product!

on 4/3/2007 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

THIS WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!!! I'm floored by the bad reviews on this. I've used all the old and new mascara favorites, and I prefer this to any of them. This is the first time I've actually enjoyed applying mascara, because it's fool-proof and the results are so rewarding. As mentioned by others, you must stroke the brush through several times, but the payoff is upswept, totally separated, and long lashes. Blot the tip to remove excess, but don't blot any excess mascara off the wand. You can keep brushing it through without it going dry. Then IF you want more volume, you can use the short side. I usually only use the long bristles. This is a truly no-clump mascara that goes on in thin coats and actually feels silky. You get a natural tapered lash instead of a uniform thickness from root to tip. No flakes or smears and my eyes never itch. I will use this for as long as they make it. LOVE IT.

I left this alone for a while for my 2000 cal. but i came back to this and wow! Long, soft, flirty lashes all in one. First, youre supposed to apply w/ the curved side, for definition and length and then apply a 2nd coat w/ the flat side for more color and volume. For the most natural look i scrape of most of the mascara on the curved side before I apply it. The brush picks up ALOT of mascara. I cant wait for the w/p version for summer. :D

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

wow! i decided to try this (like so many things) based on the good reviews here. this really does lengthen--i was kind of dubious about the brush, but it does neatly and evenly coat each lash, so there is No Clumping. the flat side i assumed would undo all the neat work the first side had done, and clump it all up--but instead it just darkened and slightly thickened. this is not the most thickening mascara ever, but it does thicken. it does best what it says, though--it lengthens, and it does it without clumping. for around $5, this is awesome.

on 11/3/2009 12:50:00 PM

The formula it's self is alright, but the wand sucks! I had to go over it with my beauty rush mascara and then I liked it. Thank goodness I found it at the grocery store for only two bucks!

on 6/17/2009 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

discontinued....This did add length but the brush is not good at seperating the lashes so you really have to work at it for the lashes not to stick together...would be ok if you use a comb seperator for the lashes...smudged below my eyes..

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this mascara and I did not like it I used it once and threw it away...it was really clumpy and weighed down my eyelashes...would not buy again...

on 3/1/2009 3:58:00 PM

Good everyday mascara very natural looking but nothing dramatic like the name suggest.

on 10/13/2008 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Yeah, wow this stuff totally sucks. This is one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried. Three weeks after purchase (and having used the product only twice) the mascara was dried out. The wand design is absurd. I've been applying mascara to my eyelashes quite successfully for over 25 years, and this product isn't promising enough for me to undertake "re-learning" how to apply it so that I can validate their crummy brush design.

I have long eyelashes, but they're basically blonde and as I grow older they grow straighter and thinner. This mascara did not lengthen one iota, but it did add a little volume -- which promptly flaked off into my eyes and onto my cheeks.

I should've known better and spent the $6 on my usual L'Oreal "Lash Out". I'll never again waste my money on Revlon mascara.