REVLON Luxurious Lengths

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
REVLON Luxurious Lengths

2.9

on 1/26/2006 7:08:00 PM

Always on the lookout for a great mascara, I will try anything once. My lashes stick straight out, they are sparse, hard to curl, and short. So no matter what mascara I try, it takes a bit of work to get anything to show. Let alone get lush long thick lashes. I saw this new mascara by Revlon on a display at a drugstore and caved on it. I bought Blackest Black. I'm not sure that it's any blackier than any other black, but it isn't the shade that has me impressed. The wand is unusual in that one side of it has very short bristles, and the other side has longer bristles. So you can apply the mascara with the short side and then brush through it to remove clumps and even it out with the long side. I was able to build respectable length with this. I would say if you have nice lashes to begin with, you can get even more out of this product than I did. I did not try it with a lash primer yet. I may do that. But all of this is fine, and I was pleased. And then, at the end of a 16 hour day, the mascara held up perfectly, and the best part, the part that will have me repurchasing, is that there is absolutely no flaking whatsoever with this product! Yes! No flakes! I am stunned. Just to see if that would hold up even longer, I did not remove the mascara when I washed my face that night. Next morning still no flakes. I'm amazed. I've never really found a mascara that does not flake until I tried this, and I've tried more than I can count. I will repurchase. Thanks, Revlon, for a superb product!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

wow! i decided to try this (like so many things) based on the good reviews here. this really does lengthen--i was kind of dubious about the brush, but it does neatly and evenly coat each lash, so there is No Clumping. the flat side i assumed would undo all the neat work the first side had done, and clump it all up--but instead it just darkened and slightly thickened. this is not the most thickening mascara ever, but it does thicken. it does best what it says, though--it lengthens, and it does it without clumping. for around $5, this is awesome.

on 2/8/2006 12:44:00 PM

I'll admit that I was suckered by the adverts. Unfortunately, I found this to be a very mediocre mascara. I have used the Almay version of this (One Coat Triple Effect) and though they have approximately the same brush (short bristles on one side + long bristles on the other, though the Revlon brush is slightly curved), I preferred the Almay, and that one's not exactly a favorite of mine. I found the Revlon formula to be very dry and hard to work with--it was 'light' and barely seemed to coat my lashes with the first stroke. Despite the name, this mascara did not lengthen my lashes very much at all, (despite the 50% additional length claims), because the bristles somehow couldn't coat the invisibly fine tips. It did add a bit of volume near the roots, thanks to the short bristles, but not that much at all (despite the 50% thicker claims). This didn't make my lashes stiff or crunchy at all, but it also did not hold a curl very well (despite the 50% curvier claims). Not too much clumping, no flaking or smearing, and the packaging is great--very classy and understated, but I won't repurchase Luxurious Lengths. This might work well for you if you have half-way decent lashes to start out with, but it just doesn't do it for my super-fine Asian ones (NB: I think we of the sparse-lashed persuasion do best with mascaras that are over-the-top dramatic on normal-lashed people, like Maybelline Volum Express or Lash Stylist.) continued >>

I left this alone for a while for my 2000 cal. but i came back to this and wow! Long, soft, flirty lashes all in one. First, youre supposed to apply w/ the curved side, for definition and length and then apply a 2nd coat w/ the flat side for more color and volume. For the most natural look i scrape of most of the mascara on the curved side before I apply it. The brush picks up ALOT of mascara. I cant wait for the w/p version for summer. :D

on 4/3/2006 12:39:00 AM

Lengths? Nah. This product is dry off the get-go, and gives a no-mascara look. The only thing I like a lot is the brush, because it has this odd flattened side and a spindly long side which is great for lash separation with other mascaras. On the positive side, the formula doesn't clump or anything, but it's barely there. I prefer a slicker, thicker formula. Good for junior girls.

on 6/3/2006 9:01:00 AM

Ugh. This mascara is horrible! The brush is awful and the mascara is too dry.
Save your money! I'm returning this to the store ASAP.

on 6/27/2006 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Ditto Bubbles68 - I swear this makes my lashes look SHORTER. I'm just glad I got this on sale.

on 7/11/2006 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't know why I even bought this. Was it Eva Mendes's gorgeous lashes (which were most likely fake and digitally reimaged) in the ads or was it because I'm just a sucker for any mascara promising length? To think that I wasted my Ulta Revlon BOGOF on this when I could've bought another foundation or a lipstick. I'm kicking myself. Although it doesn't clump, Luxurious Lengths delivers very little lenghtening and no volume or curl. Not even lift. The formula is a bit on the dry side. It also smudges horribly within an hour or two. The brush is a gimmick. How does the flat side build color and the curved side lenghten? I didn't notice any difference in either side. Overall not a good mascara and I predict it'll be gone within a year, only to be replaced by another lousy Revlon mascara.

on 10/10/2006 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

One of the worst mascaras I've ever used. It's really ironic that they actually named this product "Luxurious Lengths," because it doesn't lengthen AT ALL. The brush, as other reviewers have noted, is weird and ineffectual. Run, do not walk, to another option.

on 11/25/2006 8:52:00 AM

Didn't do much for my lashes. Added a little bit of length, did not volumise whatsoever. Smudged VERY quickly. I also tried the waterproof version, same result. Complete waste of money.