REVLON Luxurious Lengths

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 44-55
REVLON Luxurious Lengths

on 4/3/2007 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

THIS WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!!! I'm floored by the bad reviews on this. I've used all the old and new mascara favorites, and I prefer this to any of them. This is the first time I've actually enjoyed applying mascara, because it's fool-proof and the results are so rewarding. As mentioned by others, you must stroke the brush through several times, but the payoff is upswept, totally separated, and long lashes. Blot the tip to remove excess, but don't blot any excess mascara off the wand. You can keep brushing it through without it going dry. Then IF you want more volume, you can use the short side. I usually only use the long bristles. This is a truly no-clump mascara that goes on in thin coats and actually feels silky. You get a natural tapered lash instead of a uniform thickness from root to tip. No flakes or smears and my eyes never itch. I will use this for as long as they make it. LOVE IT.

on 1/26/2006 7:08:00 PM

Always on the lookout for a great mascara, I will try anything once. My lashes stick straight out, they are sparse, hard to curl, and short. So no matter what mascara I try, it takes a bit of work to get anything to show. Let alone get lush long thick lashes. I saw this new mascara by Revlon on a display at a drugstore and caved on it. I bought Blackest Black. I'm not sure that it's any blackier than any other black, but it isn't the shade that has me impressed. The wand is unusual in that one side of it has very short bristles, and the other side has longer bristles. So you can apply the mascara with the short side and then brush through it to remove clumps and even it out with the long side. I was able to build respectable length with this. I would say if you have nice lashes to begin with, you can get even more out of this product than I did. I did not try it with a lash primer yet. I may do that. But all of this is fine, and I was pleased. And then, at the end of a 16 hour day, the mascara held up perfectly, and the best part, the part that will have me repurchasing, is that there is absolutely no flaking whatsoever with this product! Yes! No flakes! I am stunned. Just to see if that would hold up even longer, I did not remove the mascara when I washed my face that night. Next morning still no flakes. I'm amazed. I've never really found a mascara that does not flake until I tried this, and I've tried more than I can count. I will repurchase. Thanks, Revlon, for a superb product!