Revlon Luxurious Lengths

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is a very difficult mascara to apply. My lashes are already somewhat long and thick, so I need to be careful with mascara so I don't look too made up. This made my lashes look nice...not too much product on my lashes. It require combing with a lash comb because the brush can be difficult to operate. The shorter end is good for applying mascara to the bottom lashes though.

on 10/13/2008 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Yeah, wow this stuff totally sucks. This is one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried. Three weeks after purchase (and having used the product only twice) the mascara was dried out. The wand design is absurd. I've been applying mascara to my eyelashes quite successfully for over 25 years, and this product isn't promising enough for me to undertake "re-learning" how to apply it so that I can validate their crummy brush design.

I have long eyelashes, but they're basically blonde and as I grow older they grow straighter and thinner. This mascara did not lengthen one iota, but it did add a little volume -- which promptly flaked off into my eyes and onto my cheeks.

I should've known better and spent the $6 on my usual L'Oreal "Lash Out". I'll never again waste my money on Revlon mascara.

on 7/10/2008 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

While this mascara has not QUITE been a HG for me, so far, I've found it to be second only to Maybelline Full and Soft in the many, MANY different drugstore mascaras I've tried over the years. In fact, the formulation of Revlon's Luxurious Lengths is quite similar to Full and Soft overall, but whereas Full and Soft is mainly designed to give the lashes greater fullness (hence the name!), Luxurious Lengths is more designed to provide length, which is what my own lashes really need.

The wand for Luxurious Lengths takes some getting used to. It is full on one side and flat on the other--the package explains that you are supposed to use the full side first to build length and curl, then switch to the flat side to add additional color and intensity as needed. Generally, I have found this to work for me, but it's still a little tricky. I have found that I have to sort of position the flat side at the bottom of my lashes and then twist the full side around them to get the best effect. This little bit of effort is worth it, though, as it definitely adds length to my notoriously short, stubby lashes and even a bit of curl as well. The effect is very natural--again, just as Full and Soft builds natural-looking volume, Luxurious Lengths builds natural-looking length, not spiky long lashes.

Like I said, I don't think this is quite a HG product. I did take off one lippie for the difficulties in using the wand--I also feel the need to wipe off the excess product, something I don't have to do when I use Full and Soft. However, I do find that the mascara works well with no clumping. Overall, I've been fairly impressed with this product, as it has given me the length I desire, and I would purchase it again.

on 7/4/2008 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This works for me. I have very, very hooded eyelids, where my lids sit on my lashes, unless I get scared :) and this does not smudge off onto them. This makes my lashes long, not too thick and they do not feel hard. I aim for a natural but enhanced look. I have it in blackest black and it is not waterproof.

on 4/23/2008 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I'm on the fence with this one. The formula is one of the dryer ones I've used. The brush has thick bristles; short on one side and longer on the other. The packaging is appealing, on the elegant side.
Product application: Very little volume or length. Not truely clumpy but definate baby clumps. I have this, as most of my mascaras, in waterproof. For such a natural look, in waterproof, this will only get play time on overnighters at the BF's - when I want a lil umf to my 'no mu' look. Otherwise it might work well on lower lashes for a bit of length without heavy thickening.
Would not repurchase for my needs but would recommend for others with good, tamed lashes needing just a bit of color.
BigLots about 2-3bucks.

on 2/8/2008 6:25:00 PM

I hate to say it but in this case, you get what you pay for. This came in a 2 pack for less than $6. I chose Revlon because they do not test their products on animals. Well, I'm still looking for a great cruelty - free mascara. This stuff is gloppy and clumpy. The brush is terrible (odd shape, fat on one side, thin on the other) which makes it go on even clumpier.
I wouldn't recommend this stuff!

Earth to Revlon, if every other cosmetics company can make at least one good mascara, ask yourselves what you're doing wrong ???????? I have no idea where the name luxurious lengths came from, it doesn't give any length at all. I think Revlon needs a mascara intervention !

on 8/21/2006 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Blackened Brown, and I think its a very good drugstore find. I chose the brown color because sometimes black can look over the top. If used according to the directions, this mascara brush will lengthen, curl, and fan your lashes out. Also, no smudging or flaking with this one.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This won't be around long. Another weird, weird brush from Revlon. This time, you get no volume, and no length (which is even more offensive, given the name). I LOVE a natural mascara look, but this is way too minimal even for me. If you try to use multiple coats to make up for it, it clumps on you. And for the grande finale: Panda eyes within the first two hours! Another mascara failure for Revlon. Too bad--we're badly in need of a good drugstore mascara that is NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS. Right now, there are none. Maybelline, Cover Girl, L'Oreal, and Max Factor test on animals. My favorite mascara is Beauty Without Cruelty's Full Volume mascara, found online or in natural food stores. Ecco Bella has another good one.

on 6/3/2006 9:01:00 AM

Ugh. This mascara is horrible! The brush is awful and the mascara is too dry.
Save your money! I'm returning this to the store ASAP.