Hawaiian Tropic Island Glow Daily Moisturizer [DISCONTINUED]

Hawaiian Tropic Island Glow Daily Moisturizer [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

water, mineral oil, cyclomethicone, petrolatum, glycerin, dihydroxyacetone, cetearyl alcohol, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloydimethyl taurate copolymer, erythrulose, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, tocopheryl acetate, ascrobic acid, retinyl palmitate, silica, titanium dioxide, mica, phenoxyethanol, squalene, ceteth-10 phosphate, dicetyl phosphate, methylparaben, polysorbate 60, sodium hydroxide, butylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, fragrance, plumeria flower extract, mango fruit extract, guava fruit extract, papaya fruit extract, passionflower fruit extract, dasheen root extract.

Best self tanner I've ever used! Decided to purchase after reading the reviews listed on here and so glad I did. Gives a nice bronze color versus the fake orange, it's a gradual tanner so no streaky look and it has a bit of sparkle to it. Love this!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I gave this gradual tanner a try after seeing new reviews.

First off let me say that I could not find it ANYWHERE so I emailed Hawaiian Tropic and they confirmed with me that it has been DISCONTINUED. So I bought a tube off eBay.

Anywho...

I applied it last night after bathing and exfoliating. The smell is very minimal compared to other gradual tanners or sunless tanners in general. It was easy to apply. No streaks. Dried quickly.

This morning I am a couple shades darker and it is natural looking. I have nothing bad to say about this product although even if it were still being produced I would not buy it again. I prefer my HG Coppertone gradual tan lotion. The smell is stronger but the color is dark after 1 application.

I applied this last night, and I swear, after about 15 minutes I already saw a noticeable color difference. This morning I could tell my legs were a couple shades darker. It applied evenly but the smell is a little gross, which I'm sure is true of most self tanners. I don't notice any smell today. The only downside is the itchiness! My legs have been itching like crazy, and I know it's because of the lotion. I plan to apply more tonight anyway with a regular lotion on top which I hope will help with the itching. I'll update on that and also on how long the tan lasts.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Ive used so many fake tanners over the years. I am NW20 in color which is fair to light, but I use this in Medium. I am not going to knock off points for smell on ANY tanner as they ALL stink in their own way. This provides a believable tan in 2 applications. The color develops in about 6 hrs and turns into a yellow-brown tan rather than an orange-brown tan- this looks more believable on me. I don't even need to pre-moisturize as this product provides plenty of moisture. I don't use it on my face as I don't want to mess up a good thing I have with my other favorite tanner- Savage Bronze found at Sally's Beauty Supply.

This is my favorite of the gradual self tanners. When compared to another drugstore favorite . . . you know the one, it is much better. I find it to dry quickly on my skin, as well as create an even believable color on my pale skin. If I use it daily for a week it creates a nice bronze glow. The smell is slightly floral/tropical and the dha smell is not overpowering. I stock up on this whenever it is on sale.

I really love everything about this product, after 2 aplications i have such a lovely light tan glow its perfect apart from one thing, it has given me such an itchy rash on my legs. The rash has even become slightly bumpy, its such a shame because it seems to be the best gradual tanner even after 2 applications looks like ive been sunbathing. I read one other review said it gave her a rash too so i would be interested to know if anyone felt the same?

YES, YES, YES,YES,YES,YES, I will repurchase. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. It is the easiest self tanner and I have used allot since I have to have the glow but can't tan to get it. I went from Kanebo to using this...so that is roughly at $40.00 difference. I love the shimmer Hawaiian tropic island glow gives me. This is great.

This is way too gradual a tanner for me. I used it three or four times and didn't see any change so it's up for swap. I also think it smells awful, very cheap and gross and strong besides. Would not repurchase.

Though i'm more on the fair side, I use the version for medium skin tones and have to say that imo, this beats jergens (and all the other brands) hands down! This is the best self tanner I've ever used. I've been using it for two years now and love it more than ever. It doesn't have the typical self-tanner smell and it NEVER streaks. At night (after I shower) I slap it on half-hazardly, throw on some pajama bottoms - often before it has even dried, and wake up in the morning with a perfect glow. It really is fool-proof. I usually don't even scrub my hands after! Awesome product! I'd give it a five if it provided more color. Still... best I've tried!

So this stuff is pretty great. I'm the kind of person that gets very pale in the winter but I can get pretty tan in the summer. However, I've finally decided it's time to get away from the tanning beds and start caring for my skin. So self-tanning it is... I had previously tried Jergens Natural Glow and hated it. Not only did it not do much, it made me smell awful all day, and when I stopped using it, I ended up with weird splotchy patches of tan and pale skin. Totally gross.
I've been using Hawaiian Tropic Island Glow Daily Moisturizer in medium for a week now and have had none of these problems. First, the smell is much less offensive. It doesn't exactly smell good, and certainly doesn't remind me of green tea. Every now and then I'll notice the smell on me throughout the course of the day, but I think it's the kind of thing only someone who gets really close would be able to notice. So I wouldn't wear it if I had a date that night or something. But the great thing is...it works surprisingly well! I look pretty tan after a very short amount of time! My legs don't look pasty white anymore, but rather kind of glow-y tan, and I think I'll be comfortable wearing a dress without tights this weekend. Fantastic. It's pretty easy to apply too. I'm not exactly a self-tanning pro yet, and at first I kind of carelessly applied the moisturizer like I did my daily lotion. As a result, my knees have a bit of that dirty look right now, but I'm not too worried about it. I'm sure it will go away after a few days of avoiding the knees. There has been no streaking though. And as far as how it fades when you stop using it, I don't know yet because it hasn't been long enough. I'll update if it I end up with a nasty splotchy tan again. Oh, let's hope not!
Update: I am very sad. The first two weeks I used this product, my skin looked great. I felt like I was glowing, and I thought I'd never need to expose myself to the sun's harmful rays again - I had found the solution. But now... I have weird splotchiness...all over! My legs look splotchy, my ankles and knees are all sorts of messed up, and there's like a weird cut-off point where my chest ends and neck begins, with my neck being completely pale...even though I applied the stuff there too. What am I doing wrong??? Does anyone have any suggestions? Do I just need to exfoliate more? At this point I'm afraid that if I exfoliate too much I'll end up with even bigger spots of paleness and it will be even more noticeable. I don't know how this happened. I went from having beautiful natural looking tan to being a weird spotted freak in a couple of days.