MAC Cosmetics Lipglass Stain in Vivid Tone Violet

No Image

4.3

on 1/11/2005 4:10:00 PM

The colour looks really purple on the tube but on the lips it looks like more pinky and quite bright. I dont like the consistency of it and it dries out my lips but its such a pretty colour. I dont wear it very often so i dont think i'll have to buy it again.

on 11/11/2004 5:11:00 PM

Wow Wow Wow! I was completely blown away by this shade. It's a bright berry shade sure to brighten up any look :) It's very flattering on my medium olive skintone. Enjoy =)

on 3/10/2004 2:37:00 PM

I have to apply this lightly and over balm to make it look like a berry color, otherwise it's an opaque purple! Eek. At least the less I use, the longer the tube lasts! :D I love the stains. They have great staying power!

on 8/16/2003 2:15:00 AM

It's a great color in the tube. I just wish it went on that color. The color is a sheer berry on my lips.

on 6/11/2003 2:33:00 AM

I was quite apprehensive of this colour when I first saw it- it looks like a dark, gothic, highly pigmented PURPLE in the tube.

But when applied, I was pleasantly surprised- it's an intense but wearable berry-pink colour, bright but very pretty. I top it with clear Lipglass for extra shine. It fades to a pretty just-bitten sort of stain too, which is nice. continued >>

on 6/4/2003 10:57:00 PM

This lipstain is quite similar to MAC's grape en drape--its a pinky purple but it has no glitter (which makes it more wearable) and it also has more of a berry/wine color. As all of the stains, it makes lips look fuller and this color makes them look sexy--a perfect evening color. Glad I caved in and purchased this one :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I put off purchasing Vivid Tone Violet because I was worried it would look too much like Grape en Drape (which I already had). I caved and ordered it *with fingers crossed* and it's great! Where Grape en Drape is a pinky-violet (with glitter), this is a deeper, truer berry/plum/violet :) It's gorgeous, and compliments my olive skintone very nicely :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Finally a lipgloss that lasts! Vivid Tone Violet is a deep, bright true violet colour. This goes on thick and feels a little sticky. But the colour does stain your lips. Great product!

on 2/9/2003 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love how these taste and how they last. This color, in particular, is a wonderful berry/wine color...or shall I call it violet?

It goes particularly well with Currant lip liner, which is an exact match.

I especially love how the lipglass stains wear throughtout the day. They wear down to a nice sheen on the lips, not a spotty here & there kind of thing, nor a total wear off. Totally worth twice the money!

on 9/29/2002 4:05:00 PM

This leaves a gorgeous semi-matte violet stain on my lips, but it seems to dry them out a bit. Lasts for a long time and has a pleasant smell. The packaging could be better, though!