Mary Kay Timewise Firming Eye Cream

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.8

WATER, PETROLATUM, MINERAL OIL, STEARIC ACID, SAFFLOWER SEED OIL, GRLYCERETH-26, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, CLYCERYL STEARATE, TRIISOSTEARYL, TRILINOLEATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, TRIETHANOLAMINE, STEARYL ALCOHOL, PEG-100 STEARATE, PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-3, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, DIPALMITOYL HYDROXYPROLINE, ANTHEMIX NOBILIS FLOWER EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL, PANTHENOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Wow can you say thick grease in a bottle? Thats all this stuff was, never again will i use this. It made my eyes feel so heavy it felt as if i didnt sleep for 5 days straight!

I bought this cream to help combat the dry Canadian winters which brings out fine lines under my eyes. This was for night time use only since it was more emollient and I preferred something lighter with SPF for the day time. The consistency of this cream is quite nice - not oily but not too light - it had an airy whipped quality that made application easy and it absorbed quickly. It's also fragrance free. I also found that it really hydrated the skin and made the eye area look and feel more supple and soft in the morning. It did not cause milia for me. The convenience of the pump made this product easy to travel with, and quite sanitary - it pumped out just enough product with 1 pump-full.

Where this product really failed for me was that it stung my eyes! Like other have noted, if I applied it anywhere too close where it may get near my lash line, it would feel like I got alcohol in my eyes - not good! I tried to use this on and off for a few months and finally gave up - the times I was extra careful not to go 1cm around my eye I felt like I wasn't applying to the areas I really needed hydration (I have fine lines just near my tear duct), and most times I'd just deal with the stinging.

I really don't understand why they wouldn't test this to see if it would irritate the eye since it's a product meant for the eye area! My MK consultant (just as others who posted below) advised me not to apply it so close to my eyes, just around the orbital bone. But really? It's an eye cream, it will inevitably get near the lash line even if I didn't apply it directly there, it could migrate or transfer. It's not user application error, it's a problem with the product itself. I ended up using the rest of the cream on my neck - as far away from my eyes as possible! At $40 CAD for 14g, it's not the most expensive eye cream out there, but it is on the expensive side. I wouldn't repurchase simply because of the stinging. There are plenty of eye creams out there that do not sting when applied near the eye area.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

- cannot notice any difference, been using it for approx 8 weeks now
- it does go on very smoothly and easily
- has no "smell" / fragrance to it
- love the dispenser, very handy

would not purchase it again, as it has not improved the fine lines around my eyes. looking for something better....

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I've been using this product for about 4 months now so I feel like I can give a pretty thorough review now. First off, the packaging is quite nice. I really like the pump-very sanitary and easy to use. The bad part is it's hard to see how much is in the container so you can predict when you need a tube. I haven't finished the product (so it obviously last quite a while) so I don't know if you can get all the product out at the end.
As for price, I got mine at about half price on amazon, which is the only way I buy Mary Kay. I refuse to use Ebay-I feel it can be unsafe as Ebay dose a terrible job of protecting buyers. Also at $30, this cream I feel is too expensive/over priced so I wouldn't pay full price. But, you can't always get it at a good price, with shipping, from amazon so it's kind of a pain.
As for the product itself. At first I really loved it. It was moisturizing, which is all I really want my eye creams to do. I don't really have lines or get very puffy or have dark circles. I just need a good basic moisturizing/preventative type of eye cream. I like thicker ones because I feel they are more moisturizing-the gel ones feel like water to me. Anyway, so it was moisturizing. It works well under makeup and I was overall pretty happy with it. But then I got a give very persistent seedy thing on my eyelid, which is frustrating. That was kind of my fault because I wanted to see if it would work for my eyelid too-so don't use this on your eyelids! Then it started stinging my eyes. I didn't think I got it in my eyes so maybe I'm getting sensitive to it.
Anyway, so in the end, I think it's an okay eye cream. I have already found one better so I won't repurchase. I feel that for the price you can get a much better and easier to come by eye cream. Keep in mind, I could not test the anti-wrinkle and such properties because I have no real problems yet in that area. This was purely an attempt to find a thicker, more moisturizing cream, which it was.
FYI I'm currently loving Clinique's All About Eyes RICH.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

If you're looking for an eye cream that actually tightens- this is it! I don't have wrinkles, but am developing fine lines. Over the three months I've used this product, I've noticed a reduction in those lines & general puffiness. That said, be careful about applying it anywhere on your lids, as it can migrate into your eyes & it definitely burns (to be expected for a product that "firms" your eyes!).

It's a thicker cream dispensed from a serviceable looking, plain pink pump- a little bit goes a long way. It's very reasonably priced in relation to most eye creams. I use it in the evening, as it can take some time to absorb.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I usually buy skin care products from the drugstore based on good reviews here at MUA, but this product was free for me (my mom is a Mary Kay consultant and often gives me products to try) so I thought I would test it out. I'm in my early 20's so I don't have many fine lines, but I do have a couple.
I have to say I like the packaging of this product as it gives just the right amount. You only need a little bit of this at a time. I use this both under my eyes and on my forehead. After using it for a few weeks, I have noticed a slight improvement in my fine lines. It is not irritating at all, and I feel completely safe using this around my eyes. It is pretty moisturizing, even if you use a tiny bit. The bottle seems to last forever too. It's not a miracle worker, but it does the job.

I bought this product several years ago and am just now really using it. I find it is light enough that it doesn't bother me. The pump is nice but I usually only do a half pump for both eyes. I can really feel the cream doing what it says, firming my eye area.

It's light enough to wear under your make up or wear it at night. Would definitely recommend to others

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the only eye cream Ive used that doesnt sting if I accidently get it the corner of my eye. And it moisturizes really well. I dont know if it does anything for wrinkles or firmness yet, but I'll keep using it and see. I love the pump, its sanitary and you can control exactly how much you get. But what I dont like is that if you dont use it for a while, you get "lotion boogers" where the cream dries when you first pump it out. seems like a waste of product. I'll update later. I hope it doesnt cause milia, since it has petrolatum and mineral oil.. ehhh. but my skin seems to like it so far.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A lot of the issues I see here with this product are due to application error. So, for starters, all you need is a bit the size of the tip on an eraser (maybe even less) on your ring finger (which is your weakest finger and will help not tug on your delicate eye skin thus creating MORE wrinkles). Take your ring finger and touch your other ring finger so you have a small amount of product on each one. Now gently tap, don't rub, the product on the skin under your eyes. Not your eyelids, not your tear duct area, but just under your eye where you'd normally see lines and wrinkles gently working your way out to the crows feet area. If you do this, you don't get the itchy, burning eye sensation. Ok, as for my review of the product, I LOVE IT! I don't really have crow's feet, but I do have lines from thin skin under my eyes. They begin near the tear duct and line out from there. I have large "apple-y" cheeks that squish my eyes when I smile and so overtime, these lines have deepened and I have to be very careful not to put powder anywhere near there or it totally accentuated them. Then add to it I wear glass which MAGNIFY them! Ugh! So this cream has been a God-send. It it velvety smooth, you need very, very little of it, and it's fabulous. I won't use anything else. I use the entire Timewise line, including the Matte Wear foundation and I swear by it. I'm even considering becoming a consultant not only for the discount, but because I believe in the products.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I use this am/pm and love the results. My eye makeup doesn't run down my face during daytime use. It is a bit heavy but not at all greasy. I can really tell an improvement around my eye area, no lines at all.