Mary Kay Timewise Firming Eye Cream

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.8

WATER, PETROLATUM, MINERAL OIL, STEARIC ACID, SAFFLOWER SEED OIL, GRLYCERETH-26, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, CLYCERYL STEARATE, TRIISOSTEARYL, TRILINOLEATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, TRIETHANOLAMINE, STEARYL ALCOHOL, PEG-100 STEARATE, PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-3, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, DIPALMITOYL HYDROXYPROLINE, ANTHEMIX NOBILIS FLOWER EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL, PANTHENOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I too noticed stinging when I get this product too close to my lashline. I didn't notice great moisturization or a difference in my eye area. It also makes my eyes feel itchy in the morning. This is a petroleum based moisturizer, a small amt for $30, I guess so they can make you think it works. I've been using Arbonne's RE9 cream and it works so much better for me.

This turned out to be a really bad experience for me. Made my eyes water constantly, and then I developed dark red streaks at the corners of my eyes that hurt. The eyelids and undereye became puffy too. I used it for a week with nice results- went well under my makeup and seemed to make the darker area's lighter, but by the second week, the allergic reaction started. I will keep searching for a better eye cream for my sensitive eyes. Can not recommend this.

I bought this cream to help combat the dry Canadian winters which brings out fine lines under my eyes. This was for night time use only since it was more emollient and I preferred something lighter with SPF for the day time. The consistency of this cream is quite nice - not oily but not too light - it had an airy whipped quality that made application easy and it absorbed quickly. It's also fragrance free. I also found that it really hydrated the skin and made the eye area look and feel more supple and soft in the morning. It did not cause milia for me. The convenience of the pump made this product easy to travel with, and quite sanitary - it pumped out just enough product with 1 pump-full.

Where this product really failed for me was that it stung my eyes! Like other have noted, if I applied it anywhere too close where it may get near my lash line, it would feel like I got alcohol in my eyes - not good! I tried to use this on and off for a few months and finally gave up - the times I was extra careful not to go 1cm around my eye I felt like I wasn't applying to the areas I really needed hydration (I have fine lines just near my tear duct), and most times I'd just deal with the stinging.

I really don't understand why they wouldn't test this to see if it would irritate the eye since it's a product meant for the eye area! My MK consultant (just as others who posted below) advised me not to apply it so close to my eyes, just around the orbital bone. But really? It's an eye cream, it will inevitably get near the lash line even if I didn't apply it directly there, it could migrate or transfer. It's not user application error, it's a problem with the product itself. I ended up using the rest of the cream on my neck - as far away from my eyes as possible! At $40 CAD for 14g, it's not the most expensive eye cream out there, but it is on the expensive side. I wouldn't repurchase simply because of the stinging. There are plenty of eye creams out there that do not sting when applied near the eye area.

For me this was too strong. I'm 32, have small lines under my eyes, my mom is in her 60's...for me it was bad, so I thought it might work well for her. Not so much...from our experience it is much too strong, especially for around the eyes.

Also - had a slight itching reaction after using it just once, on our eyes. Very uncomfortable.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I got this eye cream after seeing all these good reviews here... But honestly i don't see any improvement at all in my fine lines, dry skin around the eyes, puffiness, etc, etc and i have been using it for 6 months... actually i've noticed that my fine lines have become more obvious, maybe cause of the cream, maybe not... who knows. Also, the cream makes my eyes water a lot and red, like burning... not a good thing :(
I give it 2 lippies cause i like the pump packaging and it's an ok moisturizer.

I did not like this product because I had the MK age fighting eye cream before and it did not compare to it. It didnt spread easily or make my eyes feel really moisturized. I definately liked the Age fighting cream much more. Plus the packaging is bad, every time I use it I have to push out about quarter of an inch of dried product and its just a waste!

Former MK Consultant, this cream is not good for you. Basically it can do something temporary, but the ingridients are NOT GOOD for you at all. Watch out for ingredients with mineral oil, petroleum, beeswax, alcohol, collagen, lanolin, dyes & fragance, animal by-products.

At first I was really impressed with this product, but after using it for almost 2 months I am no longer impressed. It only tightens up the wrinkles for about an hour. What I do like about this product is that it keeps the skin around my eyes feeling soft and moisturized. However, this also leads to raccoon eyes with mascara.

This cream is very thick - almost paste-like. A little bit goes a very long way. I noticed that after using it my eyes slightly burned and watered, and it left a tacky feeling on my skin. I can't speak of any results, because I will not be using it again due to the consistency, and also to the way it made my eyes feel.

It burns my eyes. I don't care if it made me skinny and rich, I couldn't stand the eye pain.