Mary Kay Timewise Firming Eye Cream

3.7

WATER, PETROLATUM, MINERAL OIL, STEARIC ACID, SAFFLOWER SEED OIL, GRLYCERETH-26, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, CLYCERYL STEARATE, TRIISOSTEARYL, TRILINOLEATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, TRIETHANOLAMINE, STEARYL ALCOHOL, PEG-100 STEARATE, PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-3, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, DIPALMITOYL HYDROXYPROLINE, ANTHEMIX NOBILIS FLOWER EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL, PANTHENOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Wow can you say thick grease in a bottle? Thats all this stuff was, never again will i use this. It made my eyes feel so heavy it felt as if i didnt sleep for 5 days straight!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is too heavy for my eye area, caused several millia after only a couple of days of use. It felt nice on and was very emollient but just too rich for me. I gave it to my mom who is in her late 50's, I'll see if she likes it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I too noticed stinging when I get this product too close to my lashline. I didn't notice great moisturization or a difference in my eye area. It also makes my eyes feel itchy in the morning. This is a petroleum based moisturizer, a small amt for $30, I guess so they can make you think it works. I've been using Arbonne's RE9 cream and it works so much better for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really shouldn't have strayed from my Shiseido Benefiance 'Serum" (really a cream) even if this is cheaper. I didn't find it moisturizing even! It didn't even go on well under makeup, I just plain didn't like it.

And on top of that I got a PIMPLE on my eye area! I wonder if this has silicones in it or something... weird!

This turned out to be a really bad experience for me. Made my eyes water constantly, and then I developed dark red streaks at the corners of my eyes that hurt. The eyelids and undereye became puffy too. I used it for a week with nice results- went well under my makeup and seemed to make the darker area's lighter, but by the second week, the allergic reaction started. I will keep searching for a better eye cream for my sensitive eyes. Can not recommend this.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I looked for a long time for something creamy and reasonably priced. I tried a sample for two weeks and loved it . . . but after I bought it, I realized it was making my eyes puffy. Left it alone, came back a couple months later, same thing, and I rarely react to eye creams. Into the trash it goes . . .

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product does as it says it will; it firms and eliminates fine lines and wrinkles. I don't care for the mechanism by which this achieved however. I can't speak for others, but for me, it causes such swelling of the tissue under which the product was applied that the skin "firms" and "eliminating fine lines and wrinkles" by increases skin tension from swelling! It does the same for my sister in law and cousin as well. No thank you.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wanted to love this product but sadly I don't see any difference with my eyes and actually am convinced it made my lids drier! I use it now out of habit and because I paid so much for it but I don't recommend it. Save your money. I am still looking for better eye products.

I bought this cream to help combat the dry Canadian winters which brings out fine lines under my eyes. This was for night time use only since it was more emollient and I preferred something lighter with SPF for the day time. The consistency of this cream is quite nice - not oily but not too light - it had an airy whipped quality that made application easy and it absorbed quickly. It's also fragrance free. I also found that it really hydrated the skin and made the eye area look and feel more supple and soft in the morning. It did not cause milia for me. The convenience of the pump made this product easy to travel with, and quite sanitary - it pumped out just enough product with 1 pump-full.

Where this product really failed for me was that it stung my eyes! Like other have noted, if I applied it anywhere too close where it may get near my lash line, it would feel like I got alcohol in my eyes - not good! I tried to use this on and off for a few months and finally gave up - the times I was extra careful not to go 1cm around my eye I felt like I wasn't applying to the areas I really needed hydration (I have fine lines just near my tear duct), and most times I'd just deal with the stinging.

I really don't understand why they wouldn't test this to see if it would irritate the eye since it's a product meant for the eye area! My MK consultant (just as others who posted below) advised me not to apply it so close to my eyes, just around the orbital bone. But really? It's an eye cream, it will inevitably get near the lash line even if I didn't apply it directly there, it could migrate or transfer. It's not user application error, it's a problem with the product itself. I ended up using the rest of the cream on my neck - as far away from my eyes as possible! At $40 CAD for 14g, it's not the most expensive eye cream out there, but it is on the expensive side. I wouldn't repurchase simply because of the stinging. There are plenty of eye creams out there that do not sting when applied near the eye area.

For me this was too strong. I'm 32, have small lines under my eyes, my mom is in her 60's...for me it was bad, so I thought it might work well for her. Not so much...from our experience it is much too strong, especially for around the eyes.

Also - had a slight itching reaction after using it just once, on our eyes. Very uncomfortable.