Mary Kay Timewise Firming Eye Cream

3.7

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A lot of the issues I see here with this product are due to application error. So, for starters, all you need is a bit the size of the tip on an eraser (maybe even less) on your ring finger (which is your weakest finger and will help not tug on your delicate eye skin thus creating MORE wrinkles). Take your ring finger and touch your other ring finger so you have a small amount of product on each one. Now gently tap, don't rub, the product on the skin under your eyes. Not your eyelids, not your tear duct area, but just under your eye where you'd normally see lines and wrinkles gently working your way out to the crows feet area. If you do this, you don't get the itchy, burning eye sensation. Ok, as for my review of the product, I LOVE IT! I don't really have crow's feet, but I do have lines from thin skin under my eyes. They begin near the tear duct and line out from there. I have large "apple-y" cheeks that squish my eyes when I smile and so overtime, these lines have deepened and I have to be very careful not to put powder anywhere near there or it totally accentuated them. Then add to it I wear glass which MAGNIFY them! Ugh! So this cream has been a God-send. It it velvety smooth, you need very, very little of it, and it's fabulous. I won't use anything else. I use the entire Timewise line, including the Matte Wear foundation and I swear by it. I'm even considering becoming a consultant not only for the discount, but because I believe in the products.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

- cannot notice any difference, been using it for approx 8 weeks now
- it does go on very smoothly and easily
- has no "smell" / fragrance to it
- love the dispenser, very handy

would not purchase it again, as it has not improved the fine lines around my eyes. looking for something better....

For those of you that have the burning effect of the eye from this product, your only suppose to apply it around the eye (orbital bone), if you get too close to your eye with any eye cream you will have that effect. This in my opinion is the best eye cream on the market.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff. Very moisturizing but does't feel greasy. A little goes a long way on this and any other Mary Kay eye cream. It lasts forever. Helps with lines and doesn't irritate my eyes at all. Love It!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

DEC UPDATE: I am loving this product and I am having great results. My under eye area tends to be very dry and this product has helped to keep it very moisturized. My lids are no longer dry, and the fine lines around my eyes are diminishing. Hard to believe, but It's really making a difference on my 48 yr. old eyes :D...

I found this unopened in my makeup drawer - I must have purchased it about a year ago. I am not crazy about the pump because it dispenses too much product. I have been using this for about a week. I don't notice any difference. I have been using the Mary Kay anti-aging eye cream. Also, I checked the price of this on the website, and I had forgotten that this is expensive. Not quite as expensive as my PX eye cream, but it's up there...I will probably not purchase this product again...

It burns my eyes. I don't care if it made me skinny and rich, I couldn't stand the eye pain.

I've been looking for a decent eyecream that doesn't irritate my eyes, doesn't give me milia and most of all, moisturizes and hydrates my delicate eye area. A long time user of Clinique All About Eyes, I have now to find something that works better than that. I had tried the Mary Kay Timewise Eye Cream in the tube, but this cream actually made my eye area look worse and didn't hydrate at all. This cream seems to be rather thick and difficult to spread, but the ingredients are nice and it seems to really moisturize my eye area. I've tried to use regular moisturizer for around the eyes, but that gives me either puffy eyes or it doesn't hydrate enough, or worse, it makes the skin around my eye sockets flake off!!! Anyway, I'll try this out and will update later. For now, here are the ingredients (and btw, just for the record, there is NO alcohol or fragrance in this):
WATER, PETROLATUM, MINERAL OIL, STEARIC ACID, SAFFLOWER SEED OIL, GRLYCERETH-26, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, CLYCERYL STEARATE, TRIISOSTEARYL, TRILINOLEATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, TRIETHANOLAMINE, STEARYL ALCOHOL, PEG-100 STEARATE, PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-3, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, DIPALMITOYL HYDROXYPROLINE, ANTHEMIX NOBILIS FLOWER EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL, PANTHENOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL. + + + UPDATE: I still like the cream, but I am having trouble with it. If I am not really, REALLY careful, my eyes sting when applying the cream. What's good about it is that it so darn thick that you can't rub it in, you HAVE to dab it on with your finger, hence no rub-lines. The lotion "boogers" really bug me too, the packaging is not good at all. Screw top would be a lot better. No milia yet. Will update. + + + 2ND UPDATE: For a to me unknown reason, this eyecream has stopped making my eyes water. It doesn't bother me one bit. I am very happy about this development because this is so far the best eyecream I have ever used. Upgraded to 5 lippies.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I looked for a long time for something creamy and reasonably priced. I tried a sample for two weeks and loved it . . . but after I bought it, I realized it was making my eyes puffy. Left it alone, came back a couple months later, same thing, and I rarely react to eye creams. Into the trash it goes . . .

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product does as it says it will; it firms and eliminates fine lines and wrinkles. I don't care for the mechanism by which this achieved however. I can't speak for others, but for me, it causes such swelling of the tissue under which the product was applied that the skin "firms" and "eliminating fine lines and wrinkles" by increases skin tension from swelling! It does the same for my sister in law and cousin as well. No thank you.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I have a friend who's a MK consultant, and I read these great reviews before purchasing this eye cream, since I needed something desperately for the darkness under my eye area and for preventing wrinkles. To better describe my problems, I have dark hollow eyes with visible veins all over. Some areas are purple and some are red, which is one of my biggest insecurities. I bought this with the hopes the issue could improve a little, so I didn't have to consider laser treatment at the dermatologist's office. I've been using this for four weeks now, before applying makeup and sometimes at night. I haven't noticed any improvement on my problems, except I can glide my concealer very nicely after applying it (and the skin feels somewhat tight), but that's about it. It costed $30! Which is a huge amount of money considering it does nothing. Oh, and it can make you develop milia is you use it too much, believe me. My advice, keep searching for something less expensive and better. That's what I'll do. I'm still searching for a better eye cream :(