Darphin Purifying Balm

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Darphin Purifying Balm

3.3

Corylus Americana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Beeswax, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I was on the border about buying this product. It has such great reviews and promises, but I've recently become aware that I have skin that is sensitive to fragrance, and this may be even true for natural fragrances. Nevertheless, the temptation was too great especially since there was a great offer on Darphin and the free Beauty Box.

This balm has a strong fragrance, although not unpleasant. It feels really good to apply. I use it twice a week and yes it sits on the skin for a while but is gone by morning. I didn't notice any immediate effects but 2 weeks down the line, I feel like some of my really deep blackheads are coming out and I have not had any major breakouts. I was using the Clarins Lotus Oil for a couple of years which I loved at first, but later found becoming ineffective. I hope I keep loving this! It will last a while since you need to use so little at a time.

UPDATE

I'm not sure about this product any more. Sometimes it seems to make my skin break out. I prefer the Clarins Lotus oil I think.

on 8/2/2010 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this product. I must say that I was quite skeptical when I purchased the balm- a thick balm which will purify and stabilize the skin-pahh! But the thing is that it really works - and in addition it works really well!

About 2 years ago I purchased a Darphin moisturizer from SPACE NK. The sales assistant recommended a product which would hydrate my combo skin. I must a failed to mention that I have combo skin which is highly sensitive and that I react very easily to strongly perfumed ingredients. This cream was so perfumed and I started to break out badly and developed large, dry and itchy areas all over my face! Yuuk! It took weeks to restore my skin and I swore that this brand was barred from my skincare routine FOR EVER.

Fast-forward a few years and I'm mad enough to try out this brand again. But this time around it is different, it is a hit. The balm has a nice aromatic smell and its not intrusive but rather subtle. During the summer my skin tends be a bit oilier especially around the T-zone area. In addition my skin is more prone to break out so this treatment is perfect to stabilize and harmonize the skin. I apply it at night instead of moisturizer. The sales assistant at the Darphin counter at House of Fraser instructed me to use it repeatedly over 8 nights without my moisturizer and then apply it 2-3 times a week or when required. At first I was reluctant to give my night cream but already after the first night I woke up with lovely and glowing skin. I'm now on my 4th night and I'm so happy that I purchased this product! My skin is smooth and radiant and it feels soft and wonderful. I apply a small amount of the balm all over my face and neck. At first it feels greasy and heavy and it does not sink in immediately but does so overnight and I wake up with a clear and smooth complexion.

The balm contains essential oils from Tea tree, Lavender and Sage which purifies and sooths sensitive and inflamed skin. Whatever the balm contains it delivers some wonderful results.

I've also noticed that my blackhead have almost disappeared and that the appearance of pores a lot smaller. Unbelievable! I thought that was impossible. But I have recently changed my skincare routine and replaced my beloved Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish after 5 years of loyal use to Emma Hardie's moringa balm cleanser and I will never look back. I swear that there is a magic potion in Emmas cleanser , the cleanser has completely changed my skin. My skin is clear, black pores are banished my very fine lines are minimal, dry areas are hydrated and my break out prone skin is much more under control.

Considering that I was diagnosed with adult acne only last year I managed to banish almost every spot and outbreak with the balm/oil method. Not only do I have much better skin than before the acne outbreaks but I also look younger and more radiant.

Darphin's purifying balm is an essential must have. I think it suites most skin types and the balm works well with my combo/acne prone skin. It has now become a staple and well worth every penny.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Sorry but I don't see the big deal with this product. It actually dried me out. I woke up the next morning and my face looked dull. Didn't like it at all.