Darphin Purifying Balm

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Darphin Purifying Balm

4.4

Corylus Americana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Beeswax, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol

on 6/26/2012 10:34:00 AM

While this is not the most miraculous product on the planet, I love it. It really does purify the skin, but more than that, it does it all without stripping it. I use this every other night after exfoliating and (after melting it on my finger tips) I massage it into my skin. In the morning I wake up with occasional pimples downsized, pores clear, and (most exciting) skin soft!

I put this balm overnight and next morning my skin looks rested, no redness. Looks like it's healing my post acne spots. Friends also noticed a difference in my skin. I tried other products, but this one the best so far. It's expensive, but last looong time.

on 2/16/2011 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Okay. This is not a product that you totally need. There are probably less expensive, working products that might do similar benefits for your skin. It's not a miraculous product, it doesn't work overnight. It took me a month before I noticed any visible difference. But. First of all, you don't always need to buy just the stuff you need. You need to indulge youself a bit! This is not just a balm, this is a luxurious spa experience, makes me feel happy and good just by inhaling its smell and performing the crazy Darphin ritual of applying it and enjoying those three minutes of complete relaxation. But this balm is also so much more, it calms the skin and evens the skin tone leaving it looking and feeling so much healthier, it even helped reducing the size of my pores which is unbelieveable!
You only need to apply a small quantity two to three times a week so despite the small packaging it lasts long.
Love love love!

on 11/21/2010 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The sales person who reccomended this to me honestly told me that it does sit on the skin in an oily way whilst in bed with it on before going to sleep. It did exactly this. It did not help the surface texture of my skin. If anything it stopped night time healing and recuperating of my skin. Inhibits natural skin functioning. Feels luxurious to use. Fancy packaging. Fancy stuff. Doesn't work. Dulls and is detrimental to the complexion

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This product is actually worth the crazy price it costs.First of all, this is like a spa treatment. It smells divine, and the texture is very pleasant on the skin.

It definitely helped decongest clogged pores for me and reduce imperfections. Also, when you leave it on for the night you wake up with glowing skin.

I apply it to my skin straight after the shower when my pores are open, and I've had fantastic results. It also helps protect my skin in winter - we had a cold winter in Moscow this year and the frost was really drying my skin up, and this product really helped. Thanks Darphin!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried this as an alternative to Darphin Intral Baume when it was discontinued. It works almost as well as the intral baume, but it is very expensive and has a harsh smell. I have dry/sensitive skin and it did hydrate my skin pretty well and didn't cause me to break out, but it just wasn't quite as good to me as the old stuff so I'm going to keep looking. The biggest downside to this product is the price. It's $70 for .05 oz jar that doesn't last very long at all. It also smells very strong. My boyfriend doesn't even want to be around me after I put it on because I smell like fingernail polish remover. Overall, it's a pretty good product and I recommend it to someone who can afford it and deal with the smell, unfortunately I can't.

this product balances and soothes my skin alot. i feel it does calm down my skin and gives it a nice glow.

on 9/17/2007 7:04:00 AM

oh poor me who thought all things botanical were mild and gentle. the notion of "use this every other night" is true to the bone. i got carried away with the results and overdid it, resulting in dried out flaky nostrils and chin. ( btw, they should sell this as a combo with intral balm just for those occasions ) but to the point, it works, not overnight but slowly, steadily and reliably reducing breakouts and healing the few remaining ones faster.
I use this in rotation with decleor neroli balm and darphin intral balm. The things they all have in common; effective, gentle and free of *mineral oils, silicones, fillers, colours, name it here*. They cost a cherry and two a jar, but they last a long time, so they are quite economical in the end.

on 7/11/2007 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I keep on forgetting that I REALLY like this product. I was hesitant at first to use it with my older, one or two pimples a month skin because it feels like heavy oils, but the tea tree scent is soothing and one's face really does feel calmed the next morning. This product is just for night use, and the next day your face feels soft and smooth. Also, if you have any existing pimples, they do seem smaller and less aggravated. I believe that it's used two or three times a week, depending on your skin's condition, or once or twice monthly. I am going to try the Decleor baum essential, as most people also recommend that product to this one, but for now, this product is wonderful for people with mild acne who want to 'cleanse' their skin at night. Highly recommend trying.

on 3/19/2006 5:46:00 PM

I use this for a couple days once a month to ward off potential hormonal breakouts. As others have posted, it's texture is very waxy. However it does not clog pores, quite the opposite in fact. My skin feels very soft and clear when I use this.