Darphin Purifying Balm

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Darphin Purifying Balm

Corylus Americana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Beeswax, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol

I have a lot of acne scare and a lot of redness, also I'm running outside all year and live in a 4 season country so this product just do wonder to my skin, calm all the redness, hydrate and heal two thumbs up and yes it is very expensive but best purchased ever!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I was on the border about buying this product. It has such great reviews and promises, but I've recently become aware that I have skin that is sensitive to fragrance, and this may be even true for natural fragrances. Nevertheless, the temptation was too great especially since there was a great offer on Darphin and the free Beauty Box.

This balm has a strong fragrance, although not unpleasant. It feels really good to apply. I use it twice a week and yes it sits on the skin for a while but is gone by morning. I didn't notice any immediate effects but 2 weeks down the line, I feel like some of my really deep blackheads are coming out and I have not had any major breakouts. I was using the Clarins Lotus Oil for a couple of years which I loved at first, but later found becoming ineffective. I hope I keep loving this! It will last a while since you need to use so little at a time.

UPDATE

I'm not sure about this product any more. Sometimes it seems to make my skin break out. I prefer the Clarins Lotus oil I think.

on 11/29/2014 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

When I feel my skin is going to break out, I put this balm all over my face and the next morning my skin is calmed down. I don't think this balm really solves the problem 'under' the skin there, but my skin is stable the next day.

on 6/8/2013 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I thought this would be the cure for my congested skin. Lately I don't know what the problem is, but I've got all these little bumps on my forehead, cheeks and chin?? They're not all whiteheads or blackheads, but just bumps. It's irritating and looks gross :( Since I'm a fan of the Darphin Camomille oil and this ranked so high on MUA I thought I'd give it a go. The SA told me to use it every night for 7 days, and then when needed. At first nothing really happened, it calmed my skin and felt amazing, but I still had bumps. By night 5 I wasn't seeing results. So I tried to return it, and the Darphin rep was there, she looked at my skin and suggested I exfoliate first. I did that night and voila! AMAZING! It's like the balm wasn't penetrating through my skin? Anyways, I never returned it and have been using it weekly since, once in the evening after exfoliating.
Pros:
- calmed my redness
- non-irritating to my sensitive skin
- reduced irritation and didn't cause further clogs
Cons:
- poor packaging, you're only supposed to use a "grain of rice" amount and it's hard to get that out of the pot, I used a q-tip, but still felt like it wasted a bit
- very expensive for the small amount you get
Overall I wouldn't repurchase. It does nothing for my comedone problem. I started using aha and salicylic acid and my skin cleared up much faster than using this. It's a nice "luxury" product, but definitely not a necessity for me. At that price, and given the poor packaging, I'd rather treat myself to a facial or IPL for my redness.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got a small sample of this and so far it has been amazing. The smell is a little strong, but it doesn't bug me since I actually like the smell! I might actually ditch out the money for the full size product.

This is a great product for acne prone skin. People with acne prone skin are familiar with the double edged sword of acne medication clearing up but drying out and irritating the skin...causing it to get red, irritated, crusty not to mention painful. I keep this in my medicine cabinet and save it for my crisis mode skin moments. When dealing with dry broken out skin that doesn't seem to heal no matter what I try...I SWEAR...a pea size of this product is the cure. I have found I have to do some convincing with my acne prone women in order to get them to try this product. The texture is similar to vaseline but stiffer. Many women who suffer from breakouts are terrified at the thought of putting something of this texture on their skin..as was I when I first tried it. Many women don't realize that mineral oil is the main oil you want to avoid applying to the skin. This product contains no mineral oil. In fact it contains 25 essential oils all which are detoxifying and purifying oil which help to clear up the skin. I really LOVE this product. It is one of my very favorites!!

on 8/2/2010 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this product. I must say that I was quite skeptical when I purchased the balm- a thick balm which will purify and stabilize the skin-pahh! But the thing is that it really works - and in addition it works really well!

About 2 years ago I purchased a Darphin moisturizer from SPACE NK. The sales assistant recommended a product which would hydrate my combo skin. I must a failed to mention that I have combo skin which is highly sensitive and that I react very easily to strongly perfumed ingredients. This cream was so perfumed and I started to break out badly and developed large, dry and itchy areas all over my face! Yuuk! It took weeks to restore my skin and I swore that this brand was barred from my skincare routine FOR EVER.

Fast-forward a few years and I'm mad enough to try out this brand again. But this time around it is different, it is a hit. The balm has a nice aromatic smell and its not intrusive but rather subtle. During the summer my skin tends be a bit oilier especially around the T-zone area. In addition my skin is more prone to break out so this treatment is perfect to stabilize and harmonize the skin. I apply it at night instead of moisturizer. The sales assistant at the Darphin counter at House of Fraser instructed me to use it repeatedly over 8 nights without my moisturizer and then apply it 2-3 times a week or when required. At first I was reluctant to give my night cream but already after the first night I woke up with lovely and glowing skin. I'm now on my 4th night and I'm so happy that I purchased this product! My skin is smooth and radiant and it feels soft and wonderful. I apply a small amount of the balm all over my face and neck. At first it feels greasy and heavy and it does not sink in immediately but does so overnight and I wake up with a clear and smooth complexion.

The balm contains essential oils from Tea tree, Lavender and Sage which purifies and sooths sensitive and inflamed skin. Whatever the balm contains it delivers some wonderful results.

I've also noticed that my blackhead have almost disappeared and that the appearance of pores a lot smaller. Unbelievable! I thought that was impossible. But I have recently changed my skincare routine and replaced my beloved Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish after 5 years of loyal use to Emma Hardie's moringa balm cleanser and I will never look back. I swear that there is a magic potion in Emmas cleanser , the cleanser has completely changed my skin. My skin is clear, black pores are banished my very fine lines are minimal, dry areas are hydrated and my break out prone skin is much more under control.

Considering that I was diagnosed with adult acne only last year I managed to banish almost every spot and outbreak with the balm/oil method. Not only do I have much better skin than before the acne outbreaks but I also look younger and more radiant.

Darphin's purifying balm is an essential must have. I think it suites most skin types and the balm works well with my combo/acne prone skin. It has now become a staple and well worth every penny.

I was intrigued by all the claims of purifying and un-gunking clogged pores, softening skin, plus a cult-like following.

So i bought this balm and gave it the true test: I had a facial, and then applied the balm (with soothing essential oils that tingled nicely) to the red and raw areas of my face, hoping that it would calm and further purify. Typically, after my monthly facial, my pores are shrunken and tiny for several days. Well, imagine my surprise to find my pores immediately enlarged and darkened, filled with sebum. I was really, really disappointed. What purports to purify the skin only clogs it!

The ingredient list is basically oils and beeswax (which obviously acted as a barrier, leading to build-up in my pores). If you use this in the eye area, you will get milia. (*slowly raising hand*)

This balm is best suited for non-acne-prone skin that is dry and chafed, kind of like a barrier balm/diaper balm. It is no good for my dehydrated, yet acne-prone skin.

Inspecting all of the Darphin line, the ingredients of many products are quite mediocre (lots of mineral oil, similar to Sisley), and formulations are out of date. I work in the beauty industry and have heard rumblings at Estee Lauder (who bought Darphin) that they may reformulate some of the products (just like how L'Oreal reformulated many Kiehl's products, which had a cult-like following but were unstable, ineffective, etc).

Don't fall for the hype if you have acne-prone, dry skin. Save your money for something that clinically works.

This balm is fantastic. I can see why it has gotten so many raves here. I have been experienceing stress-related break-outs and this balm has helped tremendously. I have been using it 2-3x per week. It has helped pull out all the gunk that's been in my skin and it helped to reduce the healing time of the blemishes I've gotten. Any negatve reviews of this product are from people who simply don't know better. Sorry, I just had to say that. Remember, oil cuts oil, not water! It's best to treat oily skins gently instead of using Lava soap, rubbing alcohol and those drying benzoyl peroxide treatments. If you keep stripping your skin, you'll never get it into a balaced state and will cause long term damage. Darphin is a quality brand and their treatments do work, you just have to know how to use them. I've used Decleor in the past, but it can't compare to Darphin's quality. Give this balm a try, use as directed and you will see the difference.

on 10/25/2008 11:32:00 PM

I use this two times a week and never have any problem with my sometime-acne and any tout feeling again. My skin gets so relax and soft and moistened after leaving it on over a night. I love it.