Darphin Purifying Balm

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Darphin Purifying Balm

4.1

Corylus Americana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Beeswax, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol

I have a lot of acne scare and a lot of redness, also I'm running outside all year and live in a 4 season country so this product just do wonder to my skin, calm all the redness, hydrate and heal two thumbs up and yes it is very expensive but best purchased ever!

I love this product, I have been using it once a week (twice if a have a breakout) for the 2 months and really think it's helping. I only need to use a tiny amount in the evening and don't need to use a moisturiser over it. I wouldn't say the results have been miraculous but over night any spots are less red and angry, my skin looks calmed and clearer and over time I seem to be getting fewer blocked pores. I also love the citrusy smell and the pretty glass jar it comes in.

on 5/24/2011 6:52:00 PM

Procedure: I usually apply it every night after cleaning my face with Darphin Aromatic Peeling, it gives me the best result in this combination. When I tried it with Clay mask it was quite bad, and not that efficient with standard cleansers, e.g. Intral cleansing milk. I have to apply it almost everyday or I get acne, but I am also going through a quite stressful period this last a year. Melting it properly in palm before applying seems to have effect as well. I do not put any cream on top of it except for eyes. I put in it usually at least an hour before going to sleep so that it is not removed by my pillow.

Pros: It does work (even though my skin usually does not respond well to balms or oils). When I apply it as I mentioned above I barely get any acne. My skin looks recovered in the morning. Less visible pores. Lasts long, e.g. 15ml for half a year of intensive usage.

Cons: Is fatty, am a bit obsessed about it getting on my pillow. I have some underskin acne appearing, but it may not be related to this as if I remember correctly my mother mentioned this problem before me starting using this product. Anyway, I used to not have underskin acne e.g. 2 years ago.

Update August 2011: I have had recently lots of stress and an acne breakout. I am not sure how it would have been without the balm, but at some point I had a feeling it didn't have too much effect (smaller pores and less redness was still present only when using the balm). I am not sure if it should be used on a daily basis as I did because of its potential pore-clogging property...

Btw, I usually have better experience with tester Darphin products than themselves when I purchase them. On the other hand, I am buying them from Strawberry, not sure if it is a downside...

on 2/16/2011 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Okay. This is not a product that you totally need. There are probably less expensive, working products that might do similar benefits for your skin. It's not a miraculous product, it doesn't work overnight. It took me a month before I noticed any visible difference. But. First of all, you don't always need to buy just the stuff you need. You need to indulge youself a bit! This is not just a balm, this is a luxurious spa experience, makes me feel happy and good just by inhaling its smell and performing the crazy Darphin ritual of applying it and enjoying those three minutes of complete relaxation. But this balm is also so much more, it calms the skin and evens the skin tone leaving it looking and feeling so much healthier, it even helped reducing the size of my pores which is unbelieveable!
You only need to apply a small quantity two to three times a week so despite the small packaging it lasts long.
Love love love!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I can not imagine a product worse than this one for somebody who is trying to combat their skin problems!
First of all it's increadibly greasy. It doesn't get absorbed by your skin but just sits on top of it.
Second - why on earth is it in a pot? Couldn't they think of a more hygenic way of distributing such a product? This is really asking for trouble. And trouble you get!
Third - is the price a joke???
It broke me out horribly. Pity that I can not rate it as 0.

on 9/17/2007 7:04:00 AM

oh poor me who thought all things botanical were mild and gentle. the notion of "use this every other night" is true to the bone. i got carried away with the results and overdid it, resulting in dried out flaky nostrils and chin. ( btw, they should sell this as a combo with intral balm just for those occasions ) but to the point, it works, not overnight but slowly, steadily and reliably reducing breakouts and healing the few remaining ones faster.
I use this in rotation with decleor neroli balm and darphin intral balm. The things they all have in common; effective, gentle and free of *mineral oils, silicones, fillers, colours, name it here*. They cost a cherry and two a jar, but they last a long time, so they are quite economical in the end.

on 4/29/2004 11:35:00 AM

i tried a sample of this, and have to say- it does work. i had a horrible breakout flare-up and used this product. with three days of use, my skin calmed right down and healed up. it's expensive, but you only need a little. really good for us gals with combination skin.
**edit: i experienced some breakouts using this recently, and i talked to the SA about it. she advised me that this stuff is actually meant to cause breakouts, as it draws impurities up to the surface. some curious information i thought i would pass on. hth

this is a miracle product, I am so surprised. a facialist used it on me. I'm acne prone with rosacea, 33 yrs old, and I thought - oil on my face, you've got to be kidding. but it really calmed down my skin. i use it once a week after the Borghese Fango mud mask (another miracle product for me), before going to bed, and I wake up glowing. plus it actually works to spot treat pimples. Highly recommended!

on 4/27/2003 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This balm is a lovely treatment for your skin. It's pricey, but well worth it, because you need very little each time. I finally threw out my first (empty) jar of P Balm...I suspect it won't be my last. One thing to note - you need to use this properly..otherwise it'll seem very waxy and gunky. To use - take a very small amount. Spatula is good. I use the tip of the Q-tip. You may use too much or too little the first couple of times. If you're lucky enough to be near a Darphin counter, then the MA can show you. At this point, the balm may look pretty opaque and like a piece of wax - don't put it on your face just yet. Rub your fingertips of both hands (with the balm in-between) until the balm is "warmed" (MA's words) and looks shiny. Massage the balm into your skin. I use this as an overnight treatment and it works wonders. :) More comments added 12/2/03 -- I'm on my second jar of the balm. I've been using it with other Darphin products (this time -- the Intral line, a complex, and also Arovita C). As a result, my skin has cleared up (fewer clogged pores, very few pimples) and it's also much smoother. One minor thing to note -- they've repackaged the balm into a smaller jar (for a lower price)...which is a great idea. It makes it a bit more affordable, and a little goes a long way. I.e., with my other jar, I kind of wondered about the retention of quality as I got to the end of the jar -- I had had it for a while, and -- if I remember correctly -- I was very close to the exp. date when I finally used up the entire thing. continued >>