Darphin Purifying Balm

Filtered by hair type : Other
Darphin Purifying Balm

4.1

Corylus Americana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Beeswax, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol

on 10/25/2011 5:16:00 AM

Excellent decongesting action. Used at night around nose area and brighter, clearer skin is invariably the result in the AM. Highly recommended.

on 4/30/2008 12:28:00 PM

I've got a sample of this, I wanted the intral balm and was given this by mistake, my skin is prone to spots and congestion, red patches and all other manner of evil complexion ruining things caused by me not taking care of myself.

I truly did just slap this on not thinking much about it, i read the reviews out of general interest but over time I have started applying this when my skin goes crazy....it actually does work. I have to say that I never thought i'd give this a 5 but it really is a great product. It helps blemishes no end for me and also clears my congestion and makes my skin look calmer whilst still providing moisture.

A full sized one is 38 which is sheesh expensive but it's not designed to be used nightly. Once a week is the recommended time to be using it. It smells herbal as well. Love this!

on 11/16/2006 12:20:00 PM

I normally use Clarins Lotus but was wanting something with more 'oomph', and after reading the great reviews here managed to score a sample-sized jar. This stuff is way expensive. The tea tree scent is pleasant and the balm warms readily between my fingers, enabling easy application. I have used this only two nights, and although I 'think' my skin is looking better, I am still awaiting the 'radiance' and miraculous elimination of zits that everyone mentions here. (I have no new pimples, but I don't see the existing ones shrinking either). Plan to use this for a month and then update. EDIT: I use this about every 5 days and am liking it more. It helps with the ravages of Retin A in this January weather.

on 10/6/2006 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have repurchased this after finishing my first jar. I tried the Decleor balm for blemished skin and my first thoughts was that i prefered the Decleor. After using both, I have decided that this def. is better for my skin. I use it about 2 times a month when I feel that my skin is congested, sometimes I use it for a couple of nights in a row if I feel that my skin is bad. This really does help to clear the skin and make it more even toned without drying it at all.
A great product and will purchase again.

I like balms in skincare, so I had to try this famous product. & I really like it. For me, it works very similar to decleor's baume essentiel. It purifies/ brightens the complexion overnight gently. It's not that greasy and smells fantastic. It sometimes (not always) helped a underground cyst go away without scarring. & It *never* caused any breakout for me. While I like this product, I am not sure I will buy again 1) because I cannot use it more than 2x/ week (I tried to use more often, then it was too drying). Decleor baume essential works a bit gentler than this one, but I can use it more often & for me decleor smells better 2) because of its outrageous price (2x decleor). FYI: according to the ingredient list, this product does not contain mineral oil/ petrolatum. it's hazelnut oil + beeswax base with essential oils from thyme, tea tree, lavender etc. Update Dec 2006: While I still enjoy using this balm, I am not sure whether it does something amazing (brightening, zits). Personally I prefer decleor baume essentiel.

on 9/3/2006 2:42:00 PM

I had a huge sample of this. It smells really pleasent and works out well to use. But I think it comes out in a very small jar for a high price. Decleor has a doubled sized jar and cost similiar as this one, so you save more money with Decleors product. Decleors balm helped me with my irritated acne, when I had that, the acne is gone now. But I think this could heal acne too so I give it a similar rate as Decleors product.

on 11/15/2005 4:55:00 AM

I'm relatively new to Darphin, but started with the Intral line. After reading the reviews here, I decided to try the Purifying Balm (couldn't get a sample of this!).
I was instructed to scoop some out and warm it up with fingers prior to rubbing it onto my face (various spots that need this). After using this for about a month and a half now, I've learned these things:
a) it works very well on the underground cysts or red itchy bumps I get. It either makes them come out quicker with less painful or visual results, or makes them gone by the next morning (if the spots are smaller).
b) it doesn't seem to make my regular zits budge too much unfortunately :-(
c) it seems to heal my existing huge cystic pimples better than any neosporin or polysporin can...
d) only use it 1-2x a week or your skin will dry up too much (as told by the SA)... I also try to spot-treat and not do it all over my face.
All these features and I love the fragrance of it. Wish the Intral Balm smelled this good.

on 10/13/2005 6:20:00 PM

Not really sure how i feel about this product. I bought a sample size on ebay for $8. a great way to try it btw. I put it on at night, i don't feel ultra beautiful the next day, or even the next week. so not sure what i'm looking for. then someone recommended i use it before extractions, b/c it made it super easy. i tried that, it didn't seem to help. so then a few months later i decided to try it after a peel mask, i just did that, it really worked to make extractions super easy. instead of coming out firm, they squeezed out much more soft, hard to describe, but the balm seemed to soften the subum inside my pores, and they did come out more easily. i'll keep it for sure. if i ran out, not sure i'd rebuy though.

I have to agree that this product delivers. I got a generous sample some months ago and finally tried it on some stubborn cystic acne. I put it on before bed and overnight the big painful bumps were almost gone. After that I blew threw the sample using it constantly on my congested skin, although I would've been more conservative had I checked the price! After about one week of use I noticed a definite improvement in overall tone of my skin. Congested areas started to become unclogged too. The only slight drawback was some dryness, but that gave me an excuse to use a little bit of my outrageously expensive La Mer, which I save for dry patches or acne-picking emergencies. But that's another review! I've spent too much money on disappointing products, but would recommend investing in this one.

on 9/11/2005 8:00:00 AM

Although I have been using it for about 8 months and wishing to love it I now can say - THIS DOES NOTHING! It didn't broke me out either but not a positive effect - disappearing cystic bumps, minimized pores, better skin color. No one. And I gave it a looong try. I am very much disappointed and will not byi it ever again.