Darphin Purifying Balm

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Darphin Purifying Balm

3.9

Corylus Americana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Beeswax, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol

I have a lot of acne scare and a lot of redness, also I'm running outside all year and live in a 4 season country so this product just do wonder to my skin, calm all the redness, hydrate and heal two thumbs up and yes it is very expensive but best purchased ever!

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Small jar that works wonders.

First, it's pricey. Second, it's worth every cent.

I've been fighting with acne for the past 1 year, and decided to try this product after tons of researching. It comes in a waxy texture in a small jar.

I usually scrape it out using the back of my nails, half of my nails' amount each time, melt it in my palm and gently press on my face. When my face is getting the warmth I'll scrape another half of my nail's amount and melt with 2 of my fingers, dab on my face and start to massage. It smells heavenly, and my skin feels warm and relaxed after.

It diminishes and clears acne, but doesn't stop my face from breaking out. So this is more like a treatment for existing acne, excellent.

Ok, this is so freaking expensive!

Luckilly I got as a present, my bank account didn't suffer that much and I have to be raved about this product with no remorses.:)

Pros:
evens out your skintone
helps healing scars and spots
doesn't break me out
calms the skin
takes away the redness
and actually fond of the grease texture
little spots almost fade overnight
the "picked" ones don't get inflammed
the package is small and elegant, but it takes a long time to finish it

Cons:
doesn't hydrate much
the package is quite unhygienic
the price is really high

A final remark: This thing doesn't fix your skin overnight, but it really improves it. Can't wait what my skin will look like after few moths of using it. :)
Ideal for skin with combination or acne-prone skin with smaller imperfection, but I think (and read it on two beauty blogs) it won't heal major imperfections like big bumps, underskin acne, cystic acne or extremely inflammated pimples.

So she who saves to money for it, run for it! :)
¨
EDIT: This thing did work as I said, but because of its horribly unhygienic packaging it's got somehow dirty and the texture has changed due to the bacteria brought there on my fingers (it happens if you keep your hands extra clean). So I'm really sorry to throw away something that cost such a big sum of money.

Also it seemed to be a little bit poreclogging after all...

on 6/26/2012 10:34:00 AM

While this is not the most miraculous product on the planet, I love it. It really does purify the skin, but more than that, it does it all without stripping it. I use this every other night after exfoliating and (after melting it on my finger tips) I massage it into my skin. In the morning I wake up with occasional pimples downsized, pores clear, and (most exciting) skin soft!

After some not-so-nice experiences with other Darphin products I willed myself to give the 'Purifying Balm' a try for my combination skin type. It smells purifying, but on my face it didn't give the effect I had hoped for. My odd acne bumps were still there the next day. It didn't make them worse and it didn't make them better either. Most people report good experiences with this, I'm one of the few who it doesn't seem to do anything for. I doubt I will be trying anything else from this brand, the next time I need a plant/herbal-fix I will stick to my Decleor products, especially the Ylang ylang balm and facial oil.

This is a great product for acne prone skin. People with acne prone skin are familiar with the double edged sword of acne medication clearing up but drying out and irritating the skin...causing it to get red, irritated, crusty not to mention painful. I keep this in my medicine cabinet and save it for my crisis mode skin moments. When dealing with dry broken out skin that doesn't seem to heal no matter what I try...I SWEAR...a pea size of this product is the cure. I have found I have to do some convincing with my acne prone women in order to get them to try this product. The texture is similar to vaseline but stiffer. Many women who suffer from breakouts are terrified at the thought of putting something of this texture on their skin..as was I when I first tried it. Many women don't realize that mineral oil is the main oil you want to avoid applying to the skin. This product contains no mineral oil. In fact it contains 25 essential oils all which are detoxifying and purifying oil which help to clear up the skin. I really LOVE this product. It is one of my very favorites!!

on 11/21/2010 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The sales person who reccomended this to me honestly told me that it does sit on the skin in an oily way whilst in bed with it on before going to sleep. It did exactly this. It did not help the surface texture of my skin. If anything it stopped night time healing and recuperating of my skin. Inhibits natural skin functioning. Feels luxurious to use. Fancy packaging. Fancy stuff. Doesn't work. Dulls and is detrimental to the complexion

on 11/11/2009 3:12:00 AM

I had breakouts for the first time in my life when I first got pregnant. My beauty junkie friend recommended this product to me, claiming even Madonna uses it. So I gave it a try and am on my second jar. My friend said I can dab the balm on acnes and they will heal fast. I haven't tried using it that way, but I do incorporate the balm in my beauty routine once a week. I wish the product would absorb into my skin faster because I am always left with a shiny, oil residue when I use it before sleep, although I do wake up with clear, oil-free skin in the mornings. I love the smell of the balm, and will continue to use it as maintenance.

on 8/16/2008 1:27:00 AM

I used the sample jar for a long time before purchasing the regular size jar this week. The price for a full size jar is $80 but for as long as this will last, it very resonable. I have combination skin, oily in tzone and dry and sensitive every where else! I still get occasional spot breakouts even though I've hit 40~This stuff used in my tzone and on my blemish spots is a miracle cream! It will calm down redness and shrink a pimple overnite! I'm a picker so the faster I get rid of it the better! It will take me forever to go thru this jar, but as long as it keeps working, Id buy it again!

i have very sensitive acne prone skin with whiteheads. this product did nothing for me at alll.. after using it for a few weeks i started to break out even more! i guess the blam wasnt absoring properly into my skin and was just clogging it even more..