Darphin Purifying Balm

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Darphin Purifying Balm

4.8

Corylus Americana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Beeswax, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol

on 1/10/2008 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this product twice only on blemished areas. A cosmetician i met in a drugstore who used to work for Darphin recommended it to me, saying to use it when you've been out really late or when your skin's stressed/irritated. I had my dermatologist give me an extraction treatment two days ago on my left cheek area between the cheekbone and mouth and it's usually pretty puffy, then scabby, then comes off as long as i don't pick at it or re-squeeze. Last night i put it on the swollen area and when i woke up it looked much less swollen and each extraction point seemed smaller. But, until i read the other reviews today, i didn't know you were supposed to rub the balm between fingers to warm up for proper use. Also, upon reading other reviews, I will now try it after exfoliation twice a week and on pms week each month and I will update when i have used it properly.

I have slightly oily, very sensitive (to most products) skin and i scar very easily and for a long time, but so far so good and it definitely has not caused any pimples. I'd recommend that most people should try a sample or two and use it with proper instruction before deciding to buy an entire jar, especially Canadians because it's $104 here without tax.

on 10/1/2007 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I bought it in France, and was told by the aesthetician to use it the week before you get your period. It's really quite miraculous. It goes on greasy, but have faith - it works. I exfoliate gently the next morning and am always surprised at how well is smooths and clears my pms skin.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is really really nice stuff...I'm using Retin A and I started switching this balm in about every 3-4 days, and it is like an "ahhhhhh" for my skin, esp in the winter. It smells wonderful, penetrates quickly...and I wake up with brighter, happier skin. Absolutely safe and beneficial for acne prone skin...the molecules of the essential oil are so tiny that they penetrate way down and DON'T clog pores. Will buy again and again.

on 12/7/2003 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It's so expensive but good as much. After applying this, when i get up in the morning i always notice my skin bright and radiant.
I don't know why but maybe it's because of vitamin C. A similar effect with Clarins Lotus Oil. Lotus Oil is so much cheaper. I have no reason to buy this.