Darphin Purifying Balm

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Darphin Purifying Balm

4.3

Corylus Americana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Beeswax, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol

I have a lot of acne scare and a lot of redness, also I'm running outside all year and live in a 4 season country so this product just do wonder to my skin, calm all the redness, hydrate and heal two thumbs up and yes it is very expensive but best purchased ever!

on 11/29/2014 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

When I feel my skin is going to break out, I put this balm all over my face and the next morning my skin is calmed down. I don't think this balm really solves the problem 'under' the skin there, but my skin is stable the next day.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Small jar that works wonders.

First, it's pricey. Second, it's worth every cent.

I've been fighting with acne for the past 1 year, and decided to try this product after tons of researching. It comes in a waxy texture in a small jar.

I usually scrape it out using the back of my nails, half of my nails' amount each time, melt it in my palm and gently press on my face. When my face is getting the warmth I'll scrape another half of my nail's amount and melt with 2 of my fingers, dab on my face and start to massage. It smells heavenly, and my skin feels warm and relaxed after.

It diminishes and clears acne, but doesn't stop my face from breaking out. So this is more like a treatment for existing acne, excellent.

I love this product, I have been using it once a week (twice if a have a breakout) for the 2 months and really think it's helping. I only need to use a tiny amount in the evening and don't need to use a moisturiser over it. I wouldn't say the results have been miraculous but over night any spots are less red and angry, my skin looks calmed and clearer and over time I seem to be getting fewer blocked pores. I also love the citrusy smell and the pretty glass jar it comes in.

Ok, this is so freaking expensive!

Luckilly I got as a present, my bank account didn't suffer that much and I have to be raved about this product with no remorses.:)

Pros:
evens out your skintone
helps healing scars and spots
doesn't break me out
calms the skin
takes away the redness
and actually fond of the grease texture
little spots almost fade overnight
the "picked" ones don't get inflammed
the package is small and elegant, but it takes a long time to finish it

Cons:
doesn't hydrate much
the package is quite unhygienic
the price is really high

A final remark: This thing doesn't fix your skin overnight, but it really improves it. Can't wait what my skin will look like after few moths of using it. :)
Ideal for skin with combination or acne-prone skin with smaller imperfection, but I think (and read it on two beauty blogs) it won't heal major imperfections like big bumps, underskin acne, cystic acne or extremely inflammated pimples.

So she who saves to money for it, run for it! :)
¨
EDIT: This thing did work as I said, but because of its horribly unhygienic packaging it's got somehow dirty and the texture has changed due to the bacteria brought there on my fingers (it happens if you keep your hands extra clean). So I'm really sorry to throw away something that cost such a big sum of money.

Also it seemed to be a little bit poreclogging after all...

on 6/26/2012 10:34:00 AM

While this is not the most miraculous product on the planet, I love it. It really does purify the skin, but more than that, it does it all without stripping it. I use this every other night after exfoliating and (after melting it on my finger tips) I massage it into my skin. In the morning I wake up with occasional pimples downsized, pores clear, and (most exciting) skin soft!

After some not-so-nice experiences with other Darphin products I willed myself to give the 'Purifying Balm' a try for my combination skin type. It smells purifying, but on my face it didn't give the effect I had hoped for. My odd acne bumps were still there the next day. It didn't make them worse and it didn't make them better either. Most people report good experiences with this, I'm one of the few who it doesn't seem to do anything for. I doubt I will be trying anything else from this brand, the next time I need a plant/herbal-fix I will stick to my Decleor products, especially the Ylang ylang balm and facial oil.

I use the balm 2 times a week,the aroma of the product is divine!Before I apply i alway take a deep breathe enjoying the relaxing smell of the product.When the balm melt,it become oil texture is take time to absorb into skin but after massaging for few minutes it sinks into the skin.Although it does leave a layer of oil film but the next morning i wake up it disappear leaving my skin soft and radiance.I been using this for almost half a year and it is a very effective product especially when i have break out it help to heal and calm down the blemishes.I have visible open pore aroud my cheek area,after using this my pore seen to be less noticeable.Best balm I ever use,thanks Darphin.

I put this balm overnight and next morning my skin looks rested, no redness. Looks like it's healing my post acne spots. Friends also noticed a difference in my skin. I tried other products, but this one the best so far. It's expensive, but last looong time.

This is a great product for acne prone skin. People with acne prone skin are familiar with the double edged sword of acne medication clearing up but drying out and irritating the skin...causing it to get red, irritated, crusty not to mention painful. I keep this in my medicine cabinet and save it for my crisis mode skin moments. When dealing with dry broken out skin that doesn't seem to heal no matter what I try...I SWEAR...a pea size of this product is the cure. I have found I have to do some convincing with my acne prone women in order to get them to try this product. The texture is similar to vaseline but stiffer. Many women who suffer from breakouts are terrified at the thought of putting something of this texture on their skin..as was I when I first tried it. Many women don't realize that mineral oil is the main oil you want to avoid applying to the skin. This product contains no mineral oil. In fact it contains 25 essential oils all which are detoxifying and purifying oil which help to clear up the skin. I really LOVE this product. It is one of my very favorites!!