Darphin Purifying Balm

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Darphin Purifying Balm

3.8

Corylus Americana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Beeswax, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol

I love this product, I have been using it once a week (twice if a have a breakout) for the 2 months and really think it's helping. I only need to use a tiny amount in the evening and don't need to use a moisturiser over it. I wouldn't say the results have been miraculous but over night any spots are less red and angry, my skin looks calmed and clearer and over time I seem to be getting fewer blocked pores. I also love the citrusy smell and the pretty glass jar it comes in.

This didn't work for me at all, it just sat on top of my skin and made it much worse. I am so glad that nightmare is over.

on 10/25/2011 5:16:00 AM

Excellent decongesting action. Used at night around nose area and brighter, clearer skin is invariably the result in the AM. Highly recommended.

on 5/24/2011 6:52:00 PM

Procedure: I usually apply it every night after cleaning my face with Darphin Aromatic Peeling, it gives me the best result in this combination. When I tried it with Clay mask it was quite bad, and not that efficient with standard cleansers, e.g. Intral cleansing milk. I have to apply it almost everyday or I get acne, but I am also going through a quite stressful period this last a year. Melting it properly in palm before applying seems to have effect as well. I do not put any cream on top of it except for eyes. I put in it usually at least an hour before going to sleep so that it is not removed by my pillow.

Pros: It does work (even though my skin usually does not respond well to balms or oils). When I apply it as I mentioned above I barely get any acne. My skin looks recovered in the morning. Less visible pores. Lasts long, e.g. 15ml for half a year of intensive usage.

Cons: Is fatty, am a bit obsessed about it getting on my pillow. I have some underskin acne appearing, but it may not be related to this as if I remember correctly my mother mentioned this problem before me starting using this product. Anyway, I used to not have underskin acne e.g. 2 years ago.

Update August 2011: I have had recently lots of stress and an acne breakout. I am not sure how it would have been without the balm, but at some point I had a feeling it didn't have too much effect (smaller pores and less redness was still present only when using the balm). I am not sure if it should be used on a daily basis as I did because of its potential pore-clogging property...

Btw, I usually have better experience with tester Darphin products than themselves when I purchase them. On the other hand, I am buying them from Strawberry, not sure if it is a downside...

I put this balm overnight and next morning my skin looks rested, no redness. Looks like it's healing my post acne spots. Friends also noticed a difference in my skin. I tried other products, but this one the best so far. It's expensive, but last looong time.

on 2/16/2011 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Okay. This is not a product that you totally need. There are probably less expensive, working products that might do similar benefits for your skin. It's not a miraculous product, it doesn't work overnight. It took me a month before I noticed any visible difference. But. First of all, you don't always need to buy just the stuff you need. You need to indulge youself a bit! This is not just a balm, this is a luxurious spa experience, makes me feel happy and good just by inhaling its smell and performing the crazy Darphin ritual of applying it and enjoying those three minutes of complete relaxation. But this balm is also so much more, it calms the skin and evens the skin tone leaving it looking and feeling so much healthier, it even helped reducing the size of my pores which is unbelieveable!
You only need to apply a small quantity two to three times a week so despite the small packaging it lasts long.
Love love love!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Loved the smell and it certainly has active ingrediants because I had an allergic reaction and my tongue started to swell!

I was intrigued by all the claims of purifying and un-gunking clogged pores, softening skin, plus a cult-like following.

So i bought this balm and gave it the true test: I had a facial, and then applied the balm (with soothing essential oils that tingled nicely) to the red and raw areas of my face, hoping that it would calm and further purify. Typically, after my monthly facial, my pores are shrunken and tiny for several days. Well, imagine my surprise to find my pores immediately enlarged and darkened, filled with sebum. I was really, really disappointed. What purports to purify the skin only clogs it!

The ingredient list is basically oils and beeswax (which obviously acted as a barrier, leading to build-up in my pores). If you use this in the eye area, you will get milia. (*slowly raising hand*)

This balm is best suited for non-acne-prone skin that is dry and chafed, kind of like a barrier balm/diaper balm. It is no good for my dehydrated, yet acne-prone skin.

Inspecting all of the Darphin line, the ingredients of many products are quite mediocre (lots of mineral oil, similar to Sisley), and formulations are out of date. I work in the beauty industry and have heard rumblings at Estee Lauder (who bought Darphin) that they may reformulate some of the products (just like how L'Oreal reformulated many Kiehl's products, which had a cult-like following but were unstable, ineffective, etc).

Don't fall for the hype if you have acne-prone, dry skin. Save your money for something that clinically works.

I use this product 2 or 3 times a week at night on my t-zone. I live in New York and am very prone to blackheads. It is helpful if you want to do some extractions in the morning and it also has helped zap zits overnight. I use this very regularly and have had my tub for over a year. It comes in a very small package, but believe me a little goes a long way.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I can not imagine a product worse than this one for somebody who is trying to combat their skin problems!
First of all it's increadibly greasy. It doesn't get absorbed by your skin but just sits on top of it.
Second - why on earth is it in a pot? Couldn't they think of a more hygenic way of distributing such a product? This is really asking for trouble. And trouble you get!
Third - is the price a joke???
It broke me out horribly. Pity that I can not rate it as 0.