Darphin Purifying Balm

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Darphin Purifying Balm

4.5

Corylus Americana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Beeswax, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol

on 8/14/2013 5:19:00 PM

I remember thinking "You want me to put oil and beeswax on my skin to clear up my acne?!?!?!?!?" when the sales girl showed me this item. After a month or so, I decided I had nothing to lose so I thought I'd try it out.

The scent, like all Darphin products, is heavenly. It is heavy on essential oils, so it has a beautiful aromatic scent. It comes with a tiny Darphin spoon, so I spoon a tiny bit (1/4 pea sized) and warm between my finger tips, then massage into my freshly cleansed/exfoliated skin. It feels oily and heavy, but it is a super-ingredient powerhouse!

By the morning, my skin is glowing, the redness diminished, the blemishes I WOULD have woken up with aren't there, and the blemishes that WERE there have been reduced!

The trick with this product when you are dealing with a particularly nasty breakout is to use it every night or every other night until you're cleared up. You REALLY have to listen to your skin. The essential oils in here are quite powerful and you could dry out your skin if you use it every night... I never use it more than 3 nights in a row.

Apply your eye cream first, you don't want the residue of this purifying balm on your fingers as you apply your eye treatment.

It is worth every penny...this jar lasts for-practically-ever. It stings when you have to fork out almost $100 for this tiny jar, but once you realize you'll have it for about 2 years, it's makes it a little easier to swallow :)

on 9/3/2006 2:42:00 PM

I had a huge sample of this. It smells really pleasent and works out well to use. But I think it comes out in a very small jar for a high price. Decleor has a doubled sized jar and cost similiar as this one, so you save more money with Decleors product. Decleors balm helped me with my irritated acne, when I had that, the acne is gone now. But I think this could heal acne too so I give it a similar rate as Decleors product.

on 3/19/2006 5:46:00 PM

I use this for a couple days once a month to ward off potential hormonal breakouts. As others have posted, it's texture is very waxy. However it does not clog pores, quite the opposite in fact. My skin feels very soft and clear when I use this.

on 11/15/2005 4:55:00 AM

I'm relatively new to Darphin, but started with the Intral line. After reading the reviews here, I decided to try the Purifying Balm (couldn't get a sample of this!).
I was instructed to scoop some out and warm it up with fingers prior to rubbing it onto my face (various spots that need this). After using this for about a month and a half now, I've learned these things:
a) it works very well on the underground cysts or red itchy bumps I get. It either makes them come out quicker with less painful or visual results, or makes them gone by the next morning (if the spots are smaller).
b) it doesn't seem to make my regular zits budge too much unfortunately :-(
c) it seems to heal my existing huge cystic pimples better than any neosporin or polysporin can...
d) only use it 1-2x a week or your skin will dry up too much (as told by the SA)... I also try to spot-treat and not do it all over my face.
All these features and I love the fragrance of it. Wish the Intral Balm smelled this good.

on 11/9/2005 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This doesn't clear up my acne, but doesn't break out my VERY acne-proned skin, either. It does give it a nice glow (if left overnight, esp on top of BP or SA) and **softens up clogged pores** so they pop out easily! I was very skeptical but reading all the reviews made me give the balm another try - and I was SO pleasantly surprised! I don't really understand how it manages to do so either, but heck, I'm a happy customer for that alone! (you can prevent a LOT of breakouts by catching them in the clogged pore phase and squeezing them out!) If you're planning to use this balm for the clogged pores, I would use it well before bed so you have time to do your sqeezing. Would gladly buy this again for that reason alone.

on 4/26/2005 1:49:00 AM

I love the texture and the smell of this stuff. It makes my skin feel great and I like the jar. However, I hate the price. It makes my skin look good though and I will repurchase :) **Update: I have been putting it on my blemishes at night and it is amazing. The redness disappears and it helps to heal them!

on 7/10/2004 12:10:00 AM

The brighten up effect is visible. Althoug it's not cheap, especially in the states, a little goes on a long way. My .5 oz jar lasts 6 months

on 12/6/2002 12:43:00 AM

I layer this over the Disencrustant Lotion and it has a really gorgeous scent. It didn't make me break out, but I didn't notice "brighter" skin. Still though, a nice treatment for the skin.