Darphin Purifying Balm

Darphin Purifying Balm

4.1

Corylus Americana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Beeswax, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol

I have a lot of acne scare and a lot of redness, also I'm running outside all year and live in a 4 season country so this product just do wonder to my skin, calm all the redness, hydrate and heal two thumbs up and yes it is very expensive but best purchased ever!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I was on the border about buying this product. It has such great reviews and promises, but I've recently become aware that I have skin that is sensitive to fragrance, and this may be even true for natural fragrances. Nevertheless, the temptation was too great especially since there was a great offer on Darphin and the free Beauty Box.

This balm has a strong fragrance, although not unpleasant. It feels really good to apply. I use it twice a week and yes it sits on the skin for a while but is gone by morning. I didn't notice any immediate effects but 2 weeks down the line, I feel like some of my really deep blackheads are coming out and I have not had any major breakouts. I was using the Clarins Lotus Oil for a couple of years which I loved at first, but later found becoming ineffective. I hope I keep loving this! It will last a while since you need to use so little at a time.

UPDATE

I'm not sure about this product any more. Sometimes it seems to make my skin break out. I prefer the Clarins Lotus oil I think.

To Read all 130 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/29/2014 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

When I feel my skin is going to break out, I put this balm all over my face and the next morning my skin is calmed down. I don't think this balm really solves the problem 'under' the skin there, but my skin is stable the next day.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Small jar that works wonders.

First, it's pricey. Second, it's worth every cent.

I've been fighting with acne for the past 1 year, and decided to try this product after tons of researching. It comes in a waxy texture in a small jar.

I usually scrape it out using the back of my nails, half of my nails' amount each time, melt it in my palm and gently press on my face. When my face is getting the warmth I'll scrape another half of my nail's amount and melt with 2 of my fingers, dab on my face and start to massage. It smells heavenly, and my skin feels warm and relaxed after.

It diminishes and clears acne, but doesn't stop my face from breaking out. So this is more like a treatment for existing acne, excellent.

on 8/14/2013 5:19:00 PM

I remember thinking "You want me to put oil and beeswax on my skin to clear up my acne?!?!?!?!?" when the sales girl showed me this item. After a month or so, I decided I had nothing to lose so I thought I'd try it out.

The scent, like all Darphin products, is heavenly. It is heavy on essential oils, so it has a beautiful aromatic scent. It comes with a tiny Darphin spoon, so I spoon a tiny bit (1/4 pea sized) and warm between my finger tips, then massage into my freshly cleansed/exfoliated skin. It feels oily and heavy, but it is a super-ingredient powerhouse!

By the morning, my skin is glowing, the redness diminished, the blemishes I WOULD have woken up with aren't there, and the blemishes that WERE there have been reduced!

The trick with this product when you are dealing with a particularly nasty breakout is to use it every night or every other night until you're cleared up. You REALLY have to listen to your skin. The essential oils in here are quite powerful and you could dry out your skin if you use it every night... I never use it more than 3 nights in a row.

Apply your eye cream first, you don't want the residue of this purifying balm on your fingers as you apply your eye treatment.

It is worth every penny...this jar lasts for-practically-ever. It stings when you have to fork out almost $100 for this tiny jar, but once you realize you'll have it for about 2 years, it's makes it a little easier to swallow :)

on 6/20/2013 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Helps calm my acne! I put it on at night and wake up with calmer clearer skin!

on 6/8/2013 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I thought this would be the cure for my congested skin. Lately I don't know what the problem is, but I've got all these little bumps on my forehead, cheeks and chin?? They're not all whiteheads or blackheads, but just bumps. It's irritating and looks gross :( Since I'm a fan of the Darphin Camomille oil and this ranked so high on MUA I thought I'd give it a go. The SA told me to use it every night for 7 days, and then when needed. At first nothing really happened, it calmed my skin and felt amazing, but I still had bumps. By night 5 I wasn't seeing results. So I tried to return it, and the Darphin rep was there, she looked at my skin and suggested I exfoliate first. I did that night and voila! AMAZING! It's like the balm wasn't penetrating through my skin? Anyways, I never returned it and have been using it weekly since, once in the evening after exfoliating.
Pros:
- calmed my redness
- non-irritating to my sensitive skin
- reduced irritation and didn't cause further clogs
Cons:
- poor packaging, you're only supposed to use a "grain of rice" amount and it's hard to get that out of the pot, I used a q-tip, but still felt like it wasted a bit
- very expensive for the small amount you get
Overall I wouldn't repurchase. It does nothing for my comedone problem. I started using aha and salicylic acid and my skin cleared up much faster than using this. It's a nice "luxury" product, but definitely not a necessity for me. At that price, and given the poor packaging, I'd rather treat myself to a facial or IPL for my redness.

I love this product, I have been using it once a week (twice if a have a breakout) for the 2 months and really think it's helping. I only need to use a tiny amount in the evening and don't need to use a moisturiser over it. I wouldn't say the results have been miraculous but over night any spots are less red and angry, my skin looks calmed and clearer and over time I seem to be getting fewer blocked pores. I also love the citrusy smell and the pretty glass jar it comes in.

Ok, this is so freaking expensive!

Luckilly I got as a present, my bank account didn't suffer that much and I have to be raved about this product with no remorses.:)

Pros:
evens out your skintone
helps healing scars and spots
doesn't break me out
calms the skin
takes away the redness
and actually fond of the grease texture
little spots almost fade overnight
the "picked" ones don't get inflammed
the package is small and elegant, but it takes a long time to finish it

Cons:
doesn't hydrate much
the package is quite unhygienic
the price is really high

A final remark: This thing doesn't fix your skin overnight, but it really improves it. Can't wait what my skin will look like after few moths of using it. :)
Ideal for skin with combination or acne-prone skin with smaller imperfection, but I think (and read it on two beauty blogs) it won't heal major imperfections like big bumps, underskin acne, cystic acne or extremely inflammated pimples.

So she who saves to money for it, run for it! :)
ยจ
EDIT: This thing did work as I said, but because of its horribly unhygienic packaging it's got somehow dirty and the texture has changed due to the bacteria brought there on my fingers (it happens if you keep your hands extra clean). So I'm really sorry to throw away something that cost such a big sum of money.

Also it seemed to be a little bit poreclogging after all...

This didn't work for me at all, it just sat on top of my skin and made it much worse. I am so glad that nightmare is over.