Darphin Purifying Balm

Filtered by age: 36-43
Darphin Purifying Balm

4.2

Corylus Americana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Beeswax, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I was on the border about buying this product. It has such great reviews and promises, but I've recently become aware that I have skin that is sensitive to fragrance, and this may be even true for natural fragrances. Nevertheless, the temptation was too great especially since there was a great offer on Darphin and the free Beauty Box.

This balm has a strong fragrance, although not unpleasant. It feels really good to apply. I use it twice a week and yes it sits on the skin for a while but is gone by morning. I didn't notice any immediate effects but 2 weeks down the line, I feel like some of my really deep blackheads are coming out and I have not had any major breakouts. I was using the Clarins Lotus Oil for a couple of years which I loved at first, but later found becoming ineffective. I hope I keep loving this! It will last a while since you need to use so little at a time.

UPDATE

I'm not sure about this product any more. Sometimes it seems to make my skin break out. I prefer the Clarins Lotus oil I think.

After some not-so-nice experiences with other Darphin products I willed myself to give the 'Purifying Balm' a try for my combination skin type. It smells purifying, but on my face it didn't give the effect I had hoped for. My odd acne bumps were still there the next day. It didn't make them worse and it didn't make them better either. Most people report good experiences with this, I'm one of the few who it doesn't seem to do anything for. I doubt I will be trying anything else from this brand, the next time I need a plant/herbal-fix I will stick to my Decleor products, especially the Ylang ylang balm and facial oil.

This balm is fantastic. I can see why it has gotten so many raves here. I have been experienceing stress-related break-outs and this balm has helped tremendously. I have been using it 2-3x per week. It has helped pull out all the gunk that's been in my skin and it helped to reduce the healing time of the blemishes I've gotten. Any negatve reviews of this product are from people who simply don't know better. Sorry, I just had to say that. Remember, oil cuts oil, not water! It's best to treat oily skins gently instead of using Lava soap, rubbing alcohol and those drying benzoyl peroxide treatments. If you keep stripping your skin, you'll never get it into a balaced state and will cause long term damage. Darphin is a quality brand and their treatments do work, you just have to know how to use them. I've used Decleor in the past, but it can't compare to Darphin's quality. Give this balm a try, use as directed and you will see the difference.

on 8/16/2008 1:27:00 AM

I used the sample jar for a long time before purchasing the regular size jar this week. The price for a full size jar is $80 but for as long as this will last, it very resonable. I have combination skin, oily in tzone and dry and sensitive every where else! I still get occasional spot breakouts even though I've hit 40~This stuff used in my tzone and on my blemish spots is a miracle cream! It will calm down redness and shrink a pimple overnite! I'm a picker so the faster I get rid of it the better! It will take me forever to go thru this jar, but as long as it keeps working, Id buy it again!

on 3/22/2008 4:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Ive only been using this for a short while, but Im loving the results.

This is a lovely wax type consistency in the jar - which really fascinates me. It melts on application and initially leaves an oily layer on your skin. It slowly penetrates into the skin - dont apply upon going to bed, as it would probably sink into your pillow. Ive been applying it a few hours before going to bed.

Upon waking, my skin is soft and smooth, and feels lovely. Not sure yet if the long term results can justify the huge Darphin price tag, but you cant go wrong with Darphin. This is a winner.

on 10/1/2007 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I bought it in France, and was told by the aesthetician to use it the week before you get your period. It's really quite miraculous. It goes on greasy, but have faith - it works. I exfoliate gently the next morning and am always surprised at how well is smooths and clears my pms skin.

on 7/11/2007 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I keep on forgetting that I REALLY like this product. I was hesitant at first to use it with my older, one or two pimples a month skin because it feels like heavy oils, but the tea tree scent is soothing and one's face really does feel calmed the next morning. This product is just for night use, and the next day your face feels soft and smooth. Also, if you have any existing pimples, they do seem smaller and less aggravated. I believe that it's used two or three times a week, depending on your skin's condition, or once or twice monthly. I am going to try the Decleor baum essential, as most people also recommend that product to this one, but for now, this product is wonderful for people with mild acne who want to 'cleanse' their skin at night. Highly recommend trying.

on 12/18/2005 4:10:00 PM

I am very ambivalent about this product, which I have used for nearly two years. I bought it a couple years ago, didn't see the miracle I was supposed to see, so didn't bother to re-buy. I have since received about 3 samples - enough for many months. I think that I was originally not using the product correctly (annoying, because it costs a fortune). Now I use it weekly over my aromatic jasmine oil at night - and I might use it for 2-3 nights in a row if I feel my skin looks "off". It takes at least 2 consecutive nights for me to see a difference (read: brigher, more uniform skin). However, I have good skin - thanks to several years of Darphin's other products. Perhaps more troubled complexions will appreciate it more. My advice: Do not purchase without getting a decent sample first or unless you buy from a place that will let you return a product after several weeks of trying it out - Darphin is far too expensive. I still don't know if I'll repurchase once my samples are finished.

on 9/8/2005 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite skincare products. It hurts me to spend this much on such a small amount, but it really works! There are plenty of products out there that cost an arm and a leg that don't live up to the marketing hype. I use it when I have something special to do the next day. I have a lot of redness in my face (like rosacea without the pimples), and this reallly seems to calm it and make my pores temporarily smaller. Will be buying again!

on 4/27/2003 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This balm is a lovely treatment for your skin. It's pricey, but well worth it, because you need very little each time. I finally threw out my first (empty) jar of P Balm...I suspect it won't be my last. One thing to note - you need to use this properly..otherwise it'll seem very waxy and gunky. To use - take a very small amount. Spatula is good. I use the tip of the Q-tip. You may use too much or too little the first couple of times. If you're lucky enough to be near a Darphin counter, then the MA can show you. At this point, the balm may look pretty opaque and like a piece of wax - don't put it on your face just yet. Rub your fingertips of both hands (with the balm in-between) until the balm is "warmed" (MA's words) and looks shiny. Massage the balm into your skin. I use this as an overnight treatment and it works wonders. :) More comments added 12/2/03 -- I'm on my second jar of the balm. I've been using it with other Darphin products (this time -- the Intral line, a complex, and also Arovita C). As a result, my skin has cleared up (fewer clogged pores, very few pimples) and it's also much smoother. One minor thing to note -- they've repackaged the balm into a smaller jar (for a lower price)...which is a great idea. It makes it a bit more affordable, and a little goes a long way. I.e., with my other jar, I kind of wondered about the retention of quality as I got to the end of the jar -- I had had it for a while, and -- if I remember correctly -- I was very close to the exp. date when I finally used up the entire thing. continued >>