Darphin Purifying Balm

Filtered by age: 19-24
Darphin Purifying Balm

4.3

Corylus Americana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Beeswax, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Small jar that works wonders.

First, it's pricey. Second, it's worth every cent.

I've been fighting with acne for the past 1 year, and decided to try this product after tons of researching. It comes in a waxy texture in a small jar.

I usually scrape it out using the back of my nails, half of my nails' amount each time, melt it in my palm and gently press on my face. When my face is getting the warmth I'll scrape another half of my nail's amount and melt with 2 of my fingers, dab on my face and start to massage. It smells heavenly, and my skin feels warm and relaxed after.

It diminishes and clears acne, but doesn't stop my face from breaking out. So this is more like a treatment for existing acne, excellent.

Ok, this is so freaking expensive!

Luckilly I got as a present, my bank account didn't suffer that much and I have to be raved about this product with no remorses.:)

Pros:
evens out your skintone
helps healing scars and spots
doesn't break me out
calms the skin
takes away the redness
and actually fond of the grease texture
little spots almost fade overnight
the "picked" ones don't get inflammed
the package is small and elegant, but it takes a long time to finish it

Cons:
doesn't hydrate much
the package is quite unhygienic
the price is really high

A final remark: This thing doesn't fix your skin overnight, but it really improves it. Can't wait what my skin will look like after few moths of using it. :)
Ideal for skin with combination or acne-prone skin with smaller imperfection, but I think (and read it on two beauty blogs) it won't heal major imperfections like big bumps, underskin acne, cystic acne or extremely inflammated pimples.

So she who saves to money for it, run for it! :)
¨
EDIT: This thing did work as I said, but because of its horribly unhygienic packaging it's got somehow dirty and the texture has changed due to the bacteria brought there on my fingers (it happens if you keep your hands extra clean). So I'm really sorry to throw away something that cost such a big sum of money.

Also it seemed to be a little bit poreclogging after all...

on 6/26/2012 10:34:00 AM

While this is not the most miraculous product on the planet, I love it. It really does purify the skin, but more than that, it does it all without stripping it. I use this every other night after exfoliating and (after melting it on my finger tips) I massage it into my skin. In the morning I wake up with occasional pimples downsized, pores clear, and (most exciting) skin soft!

I use the balm 2 times a week,the aroma of the product is divine!Before I apply i alway take a deep breathe enjoying the relaxing smell of the product.When the balm melt,it become oil texture is take time to absorb into skin but after massaging for few minutes it sinks into the skin.Although it does leave a layer of oil film but the next morning i wake up it disappear leaving my skin soft and radiance.I been using this for almost half a year and it is a very effective product especially when i have break out it help to heal and calm down the blemishes.I have visible open pore aroud my cheek area,after using this my pore seen to be less noticeable.Best balm I ever use,thanks Darphin.

on 11/21/2010 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The sales person who reccomended this to me honestly told me that it does sit on the skin in an oily way whilst in bed with it on before going to sleep. It did exactly this. It did not help the surface texture of my skin. If anything it stopped night time healing and recuperating of my skin. Inhibits natural skin functioning. Feels luxurious to use. Fancy packaging. Fancy stuff. Doesn't work. Dulls and is detrimental to the complexion

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried this as an alternative to Darphin Intral Baume when it was discontinued. It works almost as well as the intral baume, but it is very expensive and has a harsh smell. I have dry/sensitive skin and it did hydrate my skin pretty well and didn't cause me to break out, but it just wasn't quite as good to me as the old stuff so I'm going to keep looking. The biggest downside to this product is the price. It's $70 for .05 oz jar that doesn't last very long at all. It also smells very strong. My boyfriend doesn't even want to be around me after I put it on because I smell like fingernail polish remover. Overall, it's a pretty good product and I recommend it to someone who can afford it and deal with the smell, unfortunately I can't.

I use this product 2 or 3 times a week at night on my t-zone. I live in New York and am very prone to blackheads. It is helpful if you want to do some extractions in the morning and it also has helped zap zits overnight. I use this very regularly and have had my tub for over a year. It comes in a very small package, but believe me a little goes a long way.

on 9/7/2008 5:10:00 PM

I love darphin but i hate this balm
It did nothing for me but broke me out!

on 4/30/2008 12:28:00 PM

I've got a sample of this, I wanted the intral balm and was given this by mistake, my skin is prone to spots and congestion, red patches and all other manner of evil complexion ruining things caused by me not taking care of myself.

I truly did just slap this on not thinking much about it, i read the reviews out of general interest but over time I have started applying this when my skin goes crazy....it actually does work. I have to say that I never thought i'd give this a 5 but it really is a great product. It helps blemishes no end for me and also clears my congestion and makes my skin look calmer whilst still providing moisture.

A full sized one is 38 which is sheesh expensive but it's not designed to be used nightly. Once a week is the recommended time to be using it. It smells herbal as well. Love this!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a sample size and I called it my little miracle. My aesthetician put it on a HUGE cyst I had on my face during my facial and a few hours later, POOF! It was gone, quite literally. I almost had a heart attack to my mother about it. So when she gave me a sample I was jumping for joy. I let me sister use it as well and she freaked out as well over how fast it zipped away her monster pimple.

However, I think I started getting used to it or something after awhile because over time it wasn't zipping them away as fast as I wanted. It might be my fault though...I have a HORRIBLE tendency of touching my spots when I know they're there, and I used to squeeze A LOT, which I deeply regret cause I I now have scars to show for it...but I actually got deeper scars if I left my cysts...lesser of two evils? So it might not be the balm's fault but mine. I think it was mine. I would to sample it again to see if it still works. But I do know it DID work at one point if nothing else.

It is VERY expensive though...so do try and procure a sample first if nothing else. My sample size actually lasted me a LOOOOONG time too.