Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat

Filtered by eye Color : Green

3.2

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Copolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, SD Alcohol 3-A, Isopropyl Alcohol, Water, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Panthenol, Nylon-12, Violet 2.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I like this as a cheap alternative to OPI... It does it's job. Probably a bit better as a base coat but it does make your nails super shiny and chip free for a good while! It takes longer to dry over nail polish versus a natural, no polish no obviously. I would highly recommend. This Double Duty Base/Top Coat has lasted me quite some time. The brush is great. Must have.

Useless top coat that dries in wrinkles over polish. My first application from a new bottle of this was as a top coat to an Essie nail polish that I had applied several hours prior and which was fully dry. After applying this product, the nail polish became like PUTTY on my nail. I could literally push it around on my nail. Three hours later it was still getting scratches in it whenever I brushed past something. This product ruined a manicure that I had put a lot of time into. Perhaps it works better if you apply it to a nail polish that hasn't fully dried, but as far as I am concerned that is far too fussy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I've probably bought it 10 or 20 times already and I will always buy it. This is a dream come true. Since I've tried it, my nails went to a totally new level of perfection))

It dries quickly when the bottle is relatively new, it distributes evenly, it is so super shiny, plays on the sun perfectly, stays for long time. I can use it as a transparent cover to reinforce my nails, I can use it to give it some glow. I always use it before the polish to even the surface of the nail, I also always use it after polish to make it stay longer. If you refresh it from time to time it can literary stay on the nails for 1-2 weeks easily.

Another thing I do. If I made my nails just before I went to bed and they look awful in the morning, as they have these wrinkles and stuff, I just put one layer of Double Duty on top of it and it looks great, it sort of keeps the color, but corrects the texture.

100% of my friends can't imagine their life without it after they tried it following my recommendation or on their own.

This is by all means THE BEST product for nails (maybe the very best girly product ever) I've ever tried in my life.

This is a VERY thick top coat and takes a very long time to dry. The nail polish isn't especially chip resistant and unless you are exceptionally careful with your hands you can find your entire nail of polish peeling off in a sheet despite having used this as a base coat. I've repurchased this once in the off chance it was just that one batch that was so thick and gloopy but, no, it's a characteristic of the polish.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This base coat is awful. I don't know if maybe i got an old one or somethng but everytime I put it on it leaves these little bubbles on my nails and makes the color look terrible. Ive tried to give it a chance but its just a no go. Trashed. Has anyone else had this problem?

Overall my favorite base/top coat i've tried so far! To be honest though, I'm too lazy to wait for them to dry and put a top coat on...but the base coat really helps my nails stay healthy underneath!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This makes a great base coat (with Insta-Dri for a TC--my manicures last five days with some tipwear but no chips), but! It is no good as a top coat.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've bought this product twice. It's inexpensive (under $5) and I've used it as a base coat and top coat.
I would not repurchase because it's so thick and goopy ! I hate that! Because it's so thick & goopy, the layer ends up so thick that it tends to make the nail polish just peel off like those nail stickers after a few days.

Used this as a top coat for the first time last night - dreadful! It took absolutely forever to dry; two hours after applying it was still tacky and smudged when I brushed my fingers against something. Come back Seche-Vite, all is forgiven!

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

One of the best top coats I have ever bought.
Once this top coat dries it is as hard as a rock and my nails never bent or snapped and unlike many top coats, this one did not "blur" the colour underneath it.
The price is excellent ranging from 1 (Or $1 as it can sometimes be found in dollar tree) to 5 ($8) in a drugstore for one fresh off the factory lines, I have found that both work totally fine and the age doesn't seem to affect it at all.
My only gripe with this product is you have to watch as it dries as sometimes a bubble or two will appear, but they are simple enough to correct, simple apply another thin coat or if it's still freshly wet, brush the bubble off.
The packaging is simple but when it runs to about halfway down it can be difficult to get to the product.
This top coat can make some of my cheapest nail polishes last a long time (usually up to 7-10 days) and I have never experienced chipping while using it.
Of course using this as a base coat is also brilliant and the way it "sandwiches" itself around the nail polish makes it very durable and strong.
Highly Recommended.