Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

3.6

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Copolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, SD Alcohol 3-A, Isopropyl Alcohol, Water, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Panthenol, Nylon-12, Violet 2.

I have never had good luck with Sally Hansen products, and this is no exception. After a day my nail polish is peeling off, even with Seche Vite or Out the Door top coat. It also remains tacky forever, so my polish never fully sets. This is such a disappointing product.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Overall I really like this product as an alternative to the OPI Base/Top coat which Ive been using for years.

I like the shape of the bottle - its much easier to handle than a big round bottle. Also, I like how long & slender the brush is. It goes into the bottle without dripping down the sides & because its so long, the brush loads plenty of product so you dont have to keep dunking.

As a base coat it works very well & dries fast. Whether using dark reds or pale colours, it protects the nail from colour transfer which is what its meant to do.
As a top coat - I find it takes a little longer to dry than the OPI however its super shiny and keeps your nails protected & chip free for days.

Highly recommend.

I love this as a base and top coat. I've tried many top coats, including Seche Vite, and my nails always chip within a day. I've now had 4 days without chips with this product and still going strong. It doesn't look as smooth and shiny as a top coat like Seche Vite, but the long wear is far more worth it to me.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Product does not work as it promises to. As a base coat, it comes off way too easily even with or without nail polish. As a top coat it dries way too slow & does not give the subtle shine as other sally hansen products. A waste of money.

I bought this because it works as both a base and top coat. As many others have mentioned, it dries VERY slowly. This is a superb base coat and a good top coat. It does prevent my nail polish from chipping as fast, but it's a pain as to how slow it dries as a top coat, which makes it easy to ruin your manicure. Next time, I'm going to try Sally Hansen's Diamond top/base coat because I hear that it dries a lot quicker. The price was great though, and I would say this is decent but would warn friends against the headache they are in store ahead. I would not buy this product again because I already have another product in mind for the future.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's too thick as a base coat, doesn't help nail polish stick to the nail surface at all, if anything, it helps it separate from the nail faster. It's a decent top coat but nothing special.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My nails are weak and break so i have to cut them short . Before this I had only tried simple base coats , not strenghthening ones . This base/top coat has changed my nails . When the nails are coated , they never break and they do feel strong . The same goes when i dont wear anything at all in my nails . However , i have to keep wearing this coat for my nails to remain strong. Also I have used this as top coat and it performs nice . After the application the nails are shiny and smooth .
Overall , a top/base coat that does what it claims to do..Yeah!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

im in love with this product I used it as a base coat and a top coat and went to work I work in a office and my nails usually chip the same day I do them or if anything wear at the tips but I have no chips no wear and I dug my fingers into the table trying to pick up papers and I didn't chip or wear I love this stuff and will keep buying it and the best part is its cheep I paid 3.95 at most for it. I have spent so much money on base coats and top coats like opi chipped and wore within the same day seche vite made my eyes blur and I returned it because that's just scary and it did chip on me also so this is a winner and Im in love

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I only use this as a top coat.
It's nothing special...it get's the job done and does add shine and prolongs the color wear ( even though I change my color every other day anyway....) BUT it takes FOREVER to dry. I do mean forever. I would wait 3 hours and STILL be worried that I'd leave impressions in my polish as I sleep. Sometimes I wake up and have smudged, gross looking nails. I wouldn't reccomend this product to anyone.

I will continue to use it for a little while, until I find a new top coat. I just hate how long it takes to dry, it's thick and viscous texture, and it's brush ( makes applications hard for untalented teens like myself. )

Don't waste your money ladies.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I've been using this for years and years, and has been my basic "go to" base coat. It dries relatively quickly on bare nails, provides a good base for the polish, and can be worn alone as a clear polish. I never have problems with bubbles (I always make sure my nails are super dry before I apply, though), peeling, etc., and it has never gone goopy on me, although if it did, I think a couple drops of nail polish thinner (not acetone!) would fix it up.

As a top coat... well, it works, but it's not my favourite. It can be slow to dry (face it, this is NOT a "quick dry" product!), especially over multiple coats. It does dry nice and shiny, though, and it's pretty scuff-resistant, plus it does a good job protecting the manicure. I don't normally use it as a top coat, though (I prefer one that's quicker to dry, frankly), but it is brilliant for sticking on rhinestones and other jewels or small embellishments.

Occasionally, if I have a manicure where I want a very thick, very glossy top coat (such as certain kinds of nail art, where the surface is uneven after painting and needs a good deal of clear coat to level it, or with some kinds of glitter that can be gritty), I'll use this on top, let it cure for a couple of mintues, and then use a quick-dry top coat over the whole shebang, to get the quick-dry effect AND the thicker gloss. Works a treat.

Yes, I'm sure I will buy this again. I've bought it many times in the past, and I expect to keep buying it. It's a staple of my polish wardrobe.