Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

3.4

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Copolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, SD Alcohol 3-A, Isopropyl Alcohol, Water, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Panthenol, Nylon-12, Violet 2.

I've gotten this a few times..it works fine but fine isn't good enough when you devote time and work hard on your mani. I've used it only a few times as a top coat and remember it not being very shiny, so I mostly use it as a base and while prevent chipping fairly well after about 4 days it starts to shrink at the base of your nails and the edges slightly lift up. This is annoying especially when hair gets caught underneath and it just weird looking overall. In addition once it's started chipping away you can usually peel it off in one go..I guess that could be good or bad depending on whether you've got nail polish remover around or not.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My nails are weak and break so i have to cut them short . Before this I had only tried simple base coats , not strenghthening ones . This base/top coat has changed my nails . When the nails are coated , they never break and they do feel strong . The same goes when i dont wear anything at all in my nails . However , i have to keep wearing this coat for my nails to remain strong. Also I have used this as top coat and it performs nice . After the application the nails are shiny and smooth .
Overall , a top/base coat that does what it claims to do..Yeah!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Good top coat.I let my nails grow out long and this strengthens them to where they do not bend.It also smooths polishes that would normally have a rough texture and makes nails shine.Also helps polish last longer.Good product.Would recommend and repurchase.

Very basic base/top coat. Is effective at making my nails look very shiny, makes my nail polish last longer and for me, dries fine. Not a wow product though, there are better ones on the market.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

not terribly impressed with this. i don't have the drying troubles that others seem to; it does dry slower than other brands and formulae, but my manicures are completely hardened within an hour or two with this as a top/base coat. i love the application: the formula is thick, the brush is excellent, and it goes on very smoothly. the downsides? 1.) this product advertises as a nail strengthener, but i didn't actually notice any strengthening. my nails aren't brittle, but they're very...bendable. this didn't change that. (LA Colors' hardener-strengthener did, however.) 2.) it BUBBLES. badly. it bubbles more as a base than a top coat, but still bubbles as a top coat. if you use it for both, you will get mad bubbles. 3.) this is definitely not an anti-chip formula. my manicures wear, chip, and peel after a few days.
it's not an awful product by any means, as i'm still using it regularly in order to finish off the bottle (hate wasting money!), but i won't be buying this again.

I purchased this on a bit of a whim and I've regretted it ever since.

Pros: Good thick formula. Good brush.

Cons: It made my nails turn yellow. Yep I kid you not. I'd used it with a couple of different polishes and even used it by itself. My nails became brittle and started to turn yellow. Something that hasn't happened since I stopped using it.

Will not repurchase.

Perfect:
(i) lightweight consistency ensures smooth application;
(ii) quick-drying; and,
(iii) long lasting wear.

Can also be used effectively on nude nail days to impart a healthy-looking sheen.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This came free with the sally hansen HD polish i bought and i was surprisingly impressed with it as a top coat and base coat. I really liked that the brush was fairly large and the polish was thick. For the price i think it might be worth a try if you like two in one style nailpolishes. Not sure i would have gone out of my way to buy it though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this to protect my nails from becoming fragile from nail polish. didn't find it to work as a base or top coat so I decided to try it on it's own for a bit of shine. BAD IDEA! My nails are in the worst condition they're ever been! The top layer split off from the bottom on a number of my nails. Now I don't think I'll be able to wear anything for a month.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Im quite impressed! I've never thought of using base coats until my nails began to suffer from staining. And so I went on a hunt to find a cure for my poor nails and stumbled upon this one. It apparently serves as a top coat AND a base coat. How grand. I bought this on a whim and tried it for both purposes. Now...I LOVE it as a base. As a top coat, not so much...it fails in that department. I love how this makes the application of my nail polishes easier! You know how at times, your nail polish tends to kinda thicken on top of your nails? After I've been using this as a base, its been helping to distribute the polish evenly without the whole thick, chunky texture. Although, it does not guarantee the top coat promise, I would most certainly buy it just for a base coat :)

Popular Top/Base Coats