Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat

Filtered by skin type : Other

3.9

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Copolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, SD Alcohol 3-A, Isopropyl Alcohol, Water, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Panthenol, Nylon-12, Violet 2.

I have had only 2 bottles of this in the last 17 years. I just put some on today, and was wondering if it is still around or heaven forbid, discontinued. I've read other reviews / complaints, and decided to chime in. I think the secret to long lasting nail polish is making sure your nails are clean and oil free. Use polish remover on your nails before applying polish; even if there is no polish on them. Keep this and all nail polish in a drawer and out of the light. The bottle i am using today is at least 8 years old and it is not sticky, gooey, thick, etc. I replace the polish on my finger nails once a week, and on my toe nails once every 3 weeks. I have never had an issue with chipping. Especially on toes. It is super shiny and beautiful. Love this stuff!!!

This is better used as a clear coat to make nails shiny and keep them protected. It does not serve well as either a base coat or top coat unless in a pinch as I find my manicures chip way too quickly with this. Price is ok for a double duty base/top coat but I won't likely repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

One of the worst topcoat i have ever tried! After 2 hours it still soft and not completly dry! I payed it 8€.. But this isn't an excuse for its terrible work! Bad bad

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have only a few items that I buy over and over again and this one as a top coat anyway, makes all the OPI and Essie colors that never lasted more than a few days without dhippin, last for 10 days. so i have to say this is the best top coat. it is thicker and shinier than most but it does dry rather fast. for five dolllars i say for it.

Love this!! I've been using it for 3 weeks, and so far not one broken nail! My nails always used to peel at the tips, were weak, thin, and short. After using this, I have been able to grow my nails out :)

Also, this prevents my nails from yellowing from polish. I can see new growth that is healthy and untinted :) love this

Tbh I thought that after all the great reviews on here that this might be my HG top coat, but it seem i'm still searching:
Pros:
It left me with a good shine
It did strengthen my nails
It stopped chipping for about 2-3 days
Cons:
It didn't seem to matter how early on in the day I did my manicure I would always end up with sheet marks the next day.
Sometimes I would get those annoying bubbles.
When I was near the end of the polish it went really thick and I couldn't use it.

All in all it did strengthen my nail (which they needed) but I def. wouldn't recommend to anyone!

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

This is a pretty good polish for being a top and base coat in one. It leaves a nice shine to the nails and helps prevent chipping pretty well. My only complaint is that it's not easy to smooth it onto the nail unless you have a big glob of it.

I use this only as a topcat and it's the best I've used. I've tried Poshe and other pricier brands, but nothing beats this. I suck at painting my own nails and when I make little boo boo's or dents in my not quite dried nails, this miraculously fixes them. I just add another coat on top. I don't know if it's the brush or the polish itself. I can't do decent nails without this stuff.

Best nail product I have ever tried. When used as a top coat (can also be used as base coat), polish simply DOES NOT CHIP, for more than a week at a time. I have never gotten such good results from even a professional manicure.