Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat

Filtered by age: 25-29

3.5

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Copolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, SD Alcohol 3-A, Isopropyl Alcohol, Water, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Panthenol, Nylon-12, Violet 2.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This product is TERRIBLE!! Sure they are pretty and shiny for maybe the first and second day but the good ends there. I've had the product for quite some time now, and used about half the bottle. The product is now thick and sticky, its so hard to apply. I might as well throw it away! Nails don't last long, with chipping sometimes happening the very next day. Disappointing Sally Hansen, get your sh*t together!

I prefer this to Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri Top Coat, and this is why ...

I use Double Duty as base coat once, and as a top coat over my nail varnish twice, letting it dry for a good ten minutes in between. Yes, it's a lengthy process compared to the Insta-Dri - but I've noticed when I use Double Duty this way, the results are always great.

My nails feel stronger, my nail varnish doesn't chip for over a good week, and the varnish doesn't bubble over on the nail (like the Insta-Dri).

So far, DD hasn't thickened / congealed like the Insta-Dri, which is good.

Would definitely buy again.

EDIT: It has thickened congealed after a year, but I suppose it's time to buy a new one right?

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought this top coat last night at Walmart, not sure how much it was but I applied it and in just a few mins it's dry!.

I love this as a base and top coat. I've tried many top coats, including Seche Vite, and my nails always chip within a day. I've now had 4 days without chips with this product and still going strong. It doesn't look as smooth and shiny as a top coat like Seche Vite, but the long wear is far more worth it to me.

I've gotten this a few times..it works fine but fine isn't good enough when you devote time and work hard on your mani. I've used it only a few times as a top coat and remember it not being very shiny, so I mostly use it as a base and while prevent chipping fairly well after about 4 days it starts to shrink at the base of your nails and the edges slightly lift up. This is annoying especially when hair gets caught underneath and it just weird looking overall. In addition once it's started chipping away you can usually peel it off in one go..I guess that could be good or bad depending on whether you've got nail polish remover around or not.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I've probably bought it 10 or 20 times already and I will always buy it. This is a dream come true. Since I've tried it, my nails went to a totally new level of perfection))

It dries quickly when the bottle is relatively new, it distributes evenly, it is so super shiny, plays on the sun perfectly, stays for long time. I can use it as a transparent cover to reinforce my nails, I can use it to give it some glow. I always use it before the polish to even the surface of the nail, I also always use it after polish to make it stay longer. If you refresh it from time to time it can literary stay on the nails for 1-2 weeks easily.

Another thing I do. If I made my nails just before I went to bed and they look awful in the morning, as they have these wrinkles and stuff, I just put one layer of Double Duty on top of it and it looks great, it sort of keeps the color, but corrects the texture.

100% of my friends can't imagine their life without it after they tried it following my recommendation or on their own.

This is by all means THE BEST product for nails (maybe the very best girly product ever) I've ever tried in my life.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This base coat is awful. I don't know if maybe i got an old one or somethng but everytime I put it on it leaves these little bubbles on my nails and makes the color look terrible. Ive tried to give it a chance but its just a no go. Trashed. Has anyone else had this problem?

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This makes a great base coat (with Insta-Dri for a TC--my manicures last five days with some tipwear but no chips), but! It is no good as a top coat.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've bought this product twice. It's inexpensive (under $5) and I've used it as a base coat and top coat.
I would not repurchase because it's so thick and goopy ! I hate that! Because it's so thick & goopy, the layer ends up so thick that it tends to make the nail polish just peel off like those nail stickers after a few days.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Lovely product, must NEVER be applied on wet nail paint though. Excellent base coat. Good top coat, a tad slow to dry.
At the price, excellent VFM!

Popular Top/Base Coats