Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.5

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Copolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, SD Alcohol 3-A, Isopropyl Alcohol, Water, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Panthenol, Nylon-12, Violet 2.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I don't like this as a base coat but it's a decent top coat, it really gives a nice shiny finish to the nail polish and seems to prolong the wear.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I like this as a cheap alternative to OPI... It does it's job. Probably a bit better as a base coat but it does make your nails super shiny and chip free for a good while! It takes longer to dry over nail polish versus a natural, no polish no obviously. I would highly recommend. This Double Duty Base/Top Coat has lasted me quite some time. The brush is great. Must have.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

One of the worst topcoat i have ever tried! After 2 hours it still soft and not completly dry! I payed it 8€.. But this isn't an excuse for its terrible work! Bad bad

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Product does not work as it promises to. As a base coat, it comes off way too easily even with or without nail polish. As a top coat it dries way too slow & does not give the subtle shine as other sally hansen products. A waste of money.

I bought this because it works as both a base and top coat. As many others have mentioned, it dries VERY slowly. This is a superb base coat and a good top coat. It does prevent my nail polish from chipping as fast, but it's a pain as to how slow it dries as a top coat, which makes it easy to ruin your manicure. Next time, I'm going to try Sally Hansen's Diamond top/base coat because I hear that it dries a lot quicker. The price was great though, and I would say this is decent but would warn friends against the headache they are in store ahead. I would not buy this product again because I already have another product in mind for the future.

Useless top coat that dries in wrinkles over polish. My first application from a new bottle of this was as a top coat to an Essie nail polish that I had applied several hours prior and which was fully dry. After applying this product, the nail polish became like PUTTY on my nail. I could literally push it around on my nail. Three hours later it was still getting scratches in it whenever I brushed past something. This product ruined a manicure that I had put a lot of time into. Perhaps it works better if you apply it to a nail polish that hasn't fully dried, but as far as I am concerned that is far too fussy.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is one of my go-to base coats. I have very weak nails, and I can see a definite difference from using this product. Like any base coat, it doesn't work perfectly with every brand of polish, but I always get at least five days of wear. Many polishes can last weeks.

When it does chip, it frequently happens so that the polish on the entire nail will come off all at once, usually when my nails are submerged in water. This doesn't bother me, personally. I find it more convenient to repaint an entire nail rather than try to repair a chip. Usually, it happens when I am already considering removing the polish anyway.

I do not use it as a top coat. It dries really slowly. Before I started using it only as a base coat, I ruined a lot of manicures thinking it was dry. It's decently shiny when new, but it gets less and less shiny as the product is used up. It also takes longer to completely dry. I generally do not use up an entire bottle before moving on to a new one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's too thick as a base coat, doesn't help nail polish stick to the nail surface at all, if anything, it helps it separate from the nail faster. It's a decent top coat but nothing special.

This is a VERY thick top coat and takes a very long time to dry. The nail polish isn't especially chip resistant and unless you are exceptionally careful with your hands you can find your entire nail of polish peeling off in a sheet despite having used this as a base coat. I've repurchased this once in the off chance it was just that one batch that was so thick and gloopy but, no, it's a characteristic of the polish.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

im in love with this product I used it as a base coat and a top coat and went to work I work in a office and my nails usually chip the same day I do them or if anything wear at the tips but I have no chips no wear and I dug my fingers into the table trying to pick up papers and I didn't chip or wear I love this stuff and will keep buying it and the best part is its cheep I paid 3.95 at most for it. I have spent so much money on base coats and top coats like opi chipped and wore within the same day seche vite made my eyes blur and I returned it because that's just scary and it did chip on me also so this is a winner and Im in love