L'Oreal Sublime GLOW

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
L'Oreal Sublime GLOW
Sublime GLOW

3.9

Aqua/Water/Eau, Tri C14 15 Alkyl Citrate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol Denatured, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Dihydroxyacetone, Ceteareth 15, Isopropyl Palmitate, PEG 100 Stearate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Perfume (Fragrance), Methylparaben, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Dimethiconol, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, FD&C Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Red 4 (CI 14700)

on 10/20/2011 12:21:00 PM

Just finished my first tube of this...

It is VERY easy to apply and very difficult to mess up.

I think I maybe got streaks from this one time and that is because of my heavy application and lazy method. I literally just put this on like regular lotion and then wash my hands afterwards.

The reason for the 4 stars is that I wish this were darker. I can tell it has gradually given me color because I would be a lot whiter otherwise at this time of year...but I would hope for a more rich color. I read that the Sublime Bronze is much to orange and indeed when I opened the container of it at the store it looked much too dark...I guess I'd just like something in between.

I am out of tanning lotion so unless I find a sale on a more high end alternative (I've read good things about Bare Essentuals Faux Tan), then I will more than likely buy this again and just use more of it and more often to achieve the look I desire.

Definitely a safe bet for a tanning product if you're worried about orange color or streaks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I've never used a self tanner before, I've always steered clear because of the horror stories and also wasn't to interested in toning my skin. I decided to jump on the band wagon once I saw the reviews for this particular self tanner. It really does work! My legs were noticeably more golden brown after one application and after two applications I was worried that they may look to dark for my body but they weren't I just needed to get used to the sudden change. I apply this like I would any lotion except I'm sure to work it into every area of my legs and take care around my knees and ankles. The smell is abit disgusting but I can tolerate it. It is VERY Shimmery. To shimmery for my liking! So what I do is I apply this before bed time, and when I wake up in the morning I pass the loufa over my legs gently.. and the result is the tan stays but the excessive shimmer is gone:) I would buy this again, it's easy to use and I feel like it hides some of my childhood scars :) I like it. The bottle cap sucks though! It doesn't just snap shut automatically like most do.. you have to really make sure you press it in until you hear the *clip* sound. Hope this helps!

For all you Canadians: I went crazy trying to find this @ Shoppers and Zellers without any luck. I've only seen it @ London drugs for about $11 =)

Hope this helps!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great tanner! My husband thought I was going to the tanning salon..that's how natural it looks. I'll use this year round!

on 7/27/2008 6:49:00 PM

Ick, I didn't like this stuff at all. The color didnt show on me, no matter how many applications and it felt greasy. I hated the scent, it bothered me a lot more than most self tanners do; i thought the "green tea" scent smelled more pepper like than anything. Maybe it's just me because 80% would buy again, but hell i know i certainly wont.

on 6/29/2008 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm one of those people whom you rarely see tanned because
a) Being in the sun is too hot, too sticky, too boring, bleh; I grew up with a large sized pool in the yard and spent my summers inside reading a book
b) I don't tan. Well, I do tan; after about ten days of spending an hour per side each day, I begin to show some color, which I have to build up AND maintain. Not worth the effort.

So, as you can imagine, I'm whiter than white (well, greenish white, given the olive complexion) and since I was introduced to self-tanner in the early 90's, I've tried every kind, every price and well, I'm a pain in the butt, I hate the building phase and the maintenance phase of self-tanners, they disrupt my day and they have come with a adorned pletora of problems, causing me to abandon the project every summer after the first application of any self-tanner.

So, I'll tell you why I'll not only actually use these l'Oreal Glow bottles I've got (and finish them), but I'll keep buying them and possibly, even use them during the winter:

No smell, zero, nada, zilch, there's a faint scent upon firts applying and then goes away; I've actually put my nose to my arm several times; no smell, which means I won't be the "smelly self-tan lady" if I go out on the same day, which means, now I can go outside the house on the days I put on selt-tanner YES!.

No streaks, I have no patience to be rubbing for ever, which is one of the aspects of self-tanning that bother me, I mean, who wants to spend a good chunk of their day applying the stuff, three times a week for the rest of their lives?, well, this one I slap it on and still no streaks.
No streaks after putting on clothes almost immediately after, either, no "white gloves", no stained clothes, this stuff absorbs quickly, despite that, I've got no orange palms either.

No dryness/no acne; having angry skin means most every thing will cause your skin to protest, self-tanners are not something angry skin will tolerate easily, well, L'Oreal Glow has kept me moisturized and hasn't given me any acne after two applications.

No orange color, this one is hard for me because, well, I don't remember how I look naturally tanned, but I've asked around, everybody likes this one (the least liked? the Origins ones I was decidedly orange), I have a nice subtle brown tan and no brown knees/elbows/ankles/knuckles/hairlines/eyebrows either.

While there are sparkles, they are not bad, you actually have to know that they are there to notice them.

The price is stupendous for the quality, I can't believe I have spent enormous quantities of money when I could have been using these all along.
They don't seem to be making at appearance at my local supermarket, but any chain pharmacy will have them.

The packages are fine, they are easy to open, easy to close, you can squeeze every ounce out of them if needed.

So, yes!, finally I can stop hurting people's eyes with my paleness, I'm even fantasizing about permanently changing my skin color a la Jennifer Lopez, this is how easy, good, cheap these products are.
They are so good that I just had to review them.
Which ones, you ask?
Sublime Glow Daily Moisturizer in Medium, the face one and the body one.
Give them a try, I'm glad I did.

on 9/1/2006 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is the best of this type of product. Gives more color than Olay and Hawaiian Tropic. Never tried Jergens. I kind of wish it didn't have the shimmer but it's not super noticeable anyway. Smells fine. Gives a true even tan color. Not orange or yellow or splotchy ever. It does sometimes come off on lighter color clothing (inside) but washes right out. I always stock up when it's BOGO.

on 6/12/2006 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this not realizing it had anything to do with "self-tanners." I have beige or "olive" skin so I don't really have a need for those, I was looking for something for a special occasion that would give a little glow to my shoulders but I'm not really the "body glitter" type, and when I had bought something that called itself a "shimmer lotion" for similar purposes before, it still seemed a little less subtle, OK a LOT less subtle than what I was looking for. I wanted a soft, barely there kind of suggestion of a glow, not large flecks of sparkling matter.

So, I saw the sublime glow, and thought, well, it can't be worse than that glimmer lotion, and sublime sounds less like they are selling this to sixteen year olds who might be seeking a more flagrant sort of glow than am I, it costs $5, if it doesn't work for me, in a few weeks I will be able to foist it off on a gaggle of visiting relatives that will include at least one teen-aged girl.

Thus it was that I went home with my tube of L'Oreal Sublime glow for medium complexions. I did kind of wonder why it came in these two flavors: medium and fair, and I grabbed medium because fair I am not, but if truth be told I did not think very much about the purchase beyond that recounted above. I was in the evil Wal-Mart for the purpose of purchasing a bottle of cinnamon capsules and some of those Peds diabetic socks ($3.47 a pair at Wal-Mart vs. $11 online, what would you do?) and was only in the aisle with the skin lotions because there had been some aisle re-arranging since the last time I was there.

Anyway, to make an already long story as less so as possible at this point, I did a trial run of the Sublime Glow lotion as soon as I got home, I squirted out a lot, so after applying it to my shoulders I put it on my face and neck too, just to get it off my hands because I was in a hurry to get some miniature petunias in the ground and it never hurts to put *something* on your face when you are going out in the sun.

In the sun, twisting around to look at my shoulder, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it did not appear to be adorned with anything that might make Paris Hilton's heart sing, it looked, in fact, like what I was hoping for, a very quiet, unassuming, whisper of a glow.

Petunias safely installed in their new home, I went inside to wash up and received another pleasant surprise: My face also now had this sort of very soft radiance that I had not seen there for many decades. I immediately decided that this Sublime Glow was going to be my new moisturizer, and informed the tube, still lying there by the sink, of the honor which had been bestowed upon it. It gave no reaction, which also impressed me. A modest, quiet product.

That was a couple of weeks ago. I have used the Sublime Glow every day as a moisturizer, and it does not cause my oily skin to do any of the bad things most moisturizers cause oily skin to do, and it has faithfully provided that nice youthful glow to my face.

I put it on my shoulders for the special occasion and there it did the same thing, gave a barely perceptible but definitely flattering glow.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have not really noticed any "self tanning" effect, but as previously noted, my skin tone is beige/olive so this is not a problem, but people with darker skin tones who DO want some sort of tanning effect should not expect that they will obtain one from this product, though I can recommend it highly as both a moisturizer and a glow provider.

I have given it 4 lipsticks because I now understand that one of its purposes is a self tanner, and since I do not think it is likely to self tan any already tan people who wish to be more so, it doesn't seem quite right to give it 5.

on 5/29/2006 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have one word for this product HORRIBLE!Bought it yesterday based on these reviews and this morning I could see streaks on my legs and arms. The scent
is awful and I most be allergic to this product because I developed a rash
in my back. And the sparkles, my GOD, looked like I had glued glitter all over
my body. Nohing like the real sun with protection.