L'Oreal Sublime GLOW

Filtered by eye Color : Green
L'Oreal Sublime GLOW
Sublime GLOW

4.2

Aqua/Water/Eau, Tri C14 15 Alkyl Citrate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol Denatured, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Dihydroxyacetone, Ceteareth 15, Isopropyl Palmitate, PEG 100 Stearate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Perfume (Fragrance), Methylparaben, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Dimethiconol, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, FD&C Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Red 4 (CI 14700)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm so glad I picked this up, this is one of the best self tanners I've ever used. I bought this up at CVS last week & all they had left was for Medium skin tones. I'm EXTREMELY fair w/ blue undertones so I wasn't sure if this would be too much for me or give me an orange tint but I wanted to try a new tanner before going on vacation so I took the Medium one anyway. This looks incredibly natural, especially on my super pale skin, no orange at all. This is very lightweight & almost watery but it blends in just like a regular body lotion would. I saw almost a deep color in just two days & it's very natural looking. I didn't experience any streaking or blotchy areas either, it's all one even color. I highly recommend!

Having sensitive skin, I have reacted badly to many tanners and I can not stand the smell of most tanners. I also have a problem with them being too orange. But Sublime Glow has a smell that almost reminds me of peaches and I couldn't believe how natural and deep my tan looked after only 3 days of using it. It even has a hint of shimmer in it which I absolutely love. If you keep your skin moisturized-I use a regular lotion in between use of tanner, the color will last a very good amount of days until it starts to fade and streak away- as all tanners do eventually.

on 10/15/2010 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this mostly as a tan maintainer...or to mix 1/2 with my Sun Labs & 1/2 with the Sublime Glow. I feel like this stuff makes my tan last longer. To use it by itself just one application, you dont really see a difference. You need at least 3 applications to see results thats the bad thing I have about this. O & the smell. Its not bad..but it's not that great either.

on 7/25/2010 4:51:00 PM

I have this in the version for medium/dark skin tones and I must say that the color pay-off is good considering that this is a gradual self-tanner. Thus, this is the perfect product for fall and winter use, or to use between traditional self-tanner applications.

The lotion is a little thin/runny but I don't mind it a bit. It spreads evenly so application is super-fast. Also, since the color increase is gradual I can be sloppy with the application and still avoid streaks. And for those of you wondering about breakouts, I can say that I haven't experienced any.

As with most self-tanners, there is room for improvement. The bottle is large which can be cumbersome and, since the lotion is thin, it can come out really quickly if you aren't careful and make a mess. Even if you are careful, the squeeze tube can get messy from the residue on your hands. A pump bottle would have been more practical.

Other problems include the smell. I believe this is infused with some sort of mango scent which lasts and lasts to the point where I get a little sick. I'd much rather this have an odor-blocking technology. Also, this is a little greasy on my skin after application which I'm not thrilled with. It can feel gross and unclean.

on 4/14/2009 10:22:00 PM

I have been using this stuff for years and love it.
I may buy others now and then and have probably tried all the cheap ones (dove, jergens etc.) and not so cheap ones, but they all stink. Literally.
They have the chemical self tanner smell that lasts all day or night.
This has a nice shimmer that enhances your skin and smells great, kind of a bit fruity but not at all obnoxious.
I can't smell it at all after I put it on.
This is my moisturizer that I put on when I get out of the shower.
I love it.

on 3/10/2009 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Absolutely the best self-tanner that I have ever used, and I've tried most of them - Jergen's, Ocean Potion, Neutrogena, Origins - just to name a few.
If you establish a proper technique - exfoliate well, apply a thin layer of regular lotion on first, let that dry and than apply the tanner evenly you will not be disappotined with the results. Yes, it has a smell after a few hours just like every other tanner, but that goes away after a quick shower.
I like the fact that it has a hint of shimmer in it so skin looks healthy and glows nicely (it is not glittery at all). It lasts probably 4 days, just like any other tanner; if you exfoliate regularly and reapply the tanner every other day or so it will last a lot longer. Exfoliation is key, of course.

Basically, it is just like any other tanner. I hate it when people say how some tanners turn them orange while others do not, as in "this one is good and that one is bad" and base opinions on price of the product. They're all virtually the same regardless of how much you pay for it. They all contain dihydroxacetone which is the only ingredient that chemically turns skin a brown color. The other ingredients are just additives, fragrance, color, etc. this tanner does a wonderful job, lasts if applied correctly, and shimmers nicely. Definitely will buy it again in the summer. It's a much healthier choice than frying in the sun and much cheaper than other tanners I've tried that produce identical results.

on 3/1/2009 11:40:00 AM

This is the best self tanning product I have ever tried. It has never given me orangy coloring but if i'm not careful can be splotchy around wrist and ankles. On my legs and body I can be fairly sloppy even on knees and elbows and still get great results. I use this on my face, neck and chest all year long to keep from having to wear makeup daily. when I put this on the night I wake up looking radiant because of the shimmer(I use this term loosely because it's really more glowy). Anyway my kids keep talking to me so I am losing my thought process.

OK, too early for a proper review as I had just used it (in Medium skin tone) for the first time, but I'd like to state the immediate differences I've seen in this product over the many other self-tanner products I have used!

1. This product does NOT smell bad - in fact I think it smells absolutely lovely and I was standing there smelling my skin for a minute or two after i had put it on after my shower, haha.

2. This product dries in a perfect amount of time! It's more runny than other self-tanning lotions I've used so it settles into the skin and dries in no time flat. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say it would be 100% safe within 3-4 minutes. Although it certainly felt dry to me even as I rubbed it in!

3. It has beautiful shimmer (not glittery!) in it and reflects light oh-so subtly to give skin that next boost of radiant glow!

As the product is a little more runny, you gotta be careful when opening the package and dispensing the product. I accidentally squirted it all over the floor >_<; It would be better if this was in a pump bottle but it's such a minor thing!

I love this product so far and I hope hope HOPE it turns me brown and not orange/yellow. I'll have to update in a week or so with color changes! :3

on 10/17/2008 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 11/14: Okay, the tube is almost gone and I HAVE to find another. The color is great looking (not fake) and I love not having to reapply daily. That said it is extremely runny and smells like plastic (Barbie doll legs comes to mind).
Overall I like this product. You don't need to use alot, it goes on evenly, dries quickly, and lasts (doesn't need to be reapplied daily). I do NOT like the smell.

I'm fair with freckles, auburn hair and pink undertones in my skin, which makes finding an appropriate self tannner quite difficult. Basically, this one is good not great. I do find it quite orange, especially for my skintone, but I get the impression it would be orangey on anyone. I'm not crazy about the shimmer, but it doesn't bug me because it usually wears oof quickly. I won't repurchase, but I will use it until it's gone.