L'Oreal Sublime GLOW

Filtered by eye Color : Black
L'Oreal Sublime GLOW
Sublime GLOW

1 review

Aqua/Water/Eau, Tri C14 15 Alkyl Citrate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol Denatured, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Dihydroxyacetone, Ceteareth 15, Isopropyl Palmitate, PEG 100 Stearate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Perfume (Fragrance), Methylparaben, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Dimethiconol, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, FD&C Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Red 4 (CI 14700)

on 6/12/2006 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this not realizing it had anything to do with "self-tanners." I have beige or "olive" skin so I don't really have a need for those, I was looking for something for a special occasion that would give a little glow to my shoulders but I'm not really the "body glitter" type, and when I had bought something that called itself a "shimmer lotion" for similar purposes before, it still seemed a little less subtle, OK a LOT less subtle than what I was looking for. I wanted a soft, barely there kind of suggestion of a glow, not large flecks of sparkling matter.

So, I saw the sublime glow, and thought, well, it can't be worse than that glimmer lotion, and sublime sounds less like they are selling this to sixteen year olds who might be seeking a more flagrant sort of glow than am I, it costs $5, if it doesn't work for me, in a few weeks I will be able to foist it off on a gaggle of visiting relatives that will include at least one teen-aged girl.

Thus it was that I went home with my tube of L'Oreal Sublime glow for medium complexions. I did kind of wonder why it came in these two flavors: medium and fair, and I grabbed medium because fair I am not, but if truth be told I did not think very much about the purchase beyond that recounted above. I was in the evil Wal-Mart for the purpose of purchasing a bottle of cinnamon capsules and some of those Peds diabetic socks ($3.47 a pair at Wal-Mart vs. $11 online, what would you do?) and was only in the aisle with the skin lotions because there had been some aisle re-arranging since the last time I was there.

Anyway, to make an already long story as less so as possible at this point, I did a trial run of the Sublime Glow lotion as soon as I got home, I squirted out a lot, so after applying it to my shoulders I put it on my face and neck too, just to get it off my hands because I was in a hurry to get some miniature petunias in the ground and it never hurts to put *something* on your face when you are going out in the sun.

In the sun, twisting around to look at my shoulder, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it did not appear to be adorned with anything that might make Paris Hilton's heart sing, it looked, in fact, like what I was hoping for, a very quiet, unassuming, whisper of a glow.

Petunias safely installed in their new home, I went inside to wash up and received another pleasant surprise: My face also now had this sort of very soft radiance that I had not seen there for many decades. I immediately decided that this Sublime Glow was going to be my new moisturizer, and informed the tube, still lying there by the sink, of the honor which had been bestowed upon it. It gave no reaction, which also impressed me. A modest, quiet product.

That was a couple of weeks ago. I have used the Sublime Glow every day as a moisturizer, and it does not cause my oily skin to do any of the bad things most moisturizers cause oily skin to do, and it has faithfully provided that nice youthful glow to my face.

I put it on my shoulders for the special occasion and there it did the same thing, gave a barely perceptible but definitely flattering glow.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have not really noticed any "self tanning" effect, but as previously noted, my skin tone is beige/olive so this is not a problem, but people with darker skin tones who DO want some sort of tanning effect should not expect that they will obtain one from this product, though I can recommend it highly as both a moisturizer and a glow provider.

I have given it 4 lipsticks because I now understand that one of its purposes is a self tanner, and since I do not think it is likely to self tan any already tan people who wish to be more so, it doesn't seem quite right to give it 5.