L'Oreal Sublime GLOW

Filtered by hair type : Straight
L'Oreal Sublime GLOW
Sublime GLOW

Aqua/Water/Eau, Tri C14 15 Alkyl Citrate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol Denatured, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Dihydroxyacetone, Ceteareth 15, Isopropyl Palmitate, PEG 100 Stearate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Perfume (Fragrance), Methylparaben, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Dimethiconol, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, FD&C Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Red 4 (CI 14700)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm so glad I picked this up, this is one of the best self tanners I've ever used. I bought this up at CVS last week & all they had left was for Medium skin tones. I'm EXTREMELY fair w/ blue undertones so I wasn't sure if this would be too much for me or give me an orange tint but I wanted to try a new tanner before going on vacation so I took the Medium one anyway. This looks incredibly natural, especially on my super pale skin, no orange at all. This is very lightweight & almost watery but it blends in just like a regular body lotion would. I saw almost a deep color in just two days & it's very natural looking. I didn't experience any streaking or blotchy areas either, it's all one even color. I highly recommend!

on 3/14/2013 12:14:00 PM

I was apprehensive about using a self tanner, afraid of streaking and looking orange.. the typical self-tanning horror stories. But after reading tons of reviews on MUA I decided to buy this product. I didn`t want to be a white ghost on a campus of tan students returning from spring break. This product made me fit right in!

I purchased the medium, as I read the light was discontinued. I have pretty fair skin and was worried about turning orange.

Application 1: After the first application I noticed a subtle change. A slight glow. No streaking and ankles, knees, and elbows looked fine (but I made sure to exfoliate well!)!

The shimmer: The product does leave a lot of shimmer on your skin, but after a quick shower the shimmer disappears. I don`t mind it so much though, it`s pretty delicate. Just make sure to wash your hands.

The smell: The smell reminds me of raisins, but it isn`t overbearing. The self-tanner smell is very subtle. I applied this at night after showering, and I could sort of smell the self tanner on my sheets in the morning, but I could barely smell it on my skin.

The Bottle: I read complaints of the lid not closing well and the product leaking out, but L`Oreal must have made improvements because it closes just fine now.

The Consistency: Perfect! Not a think cream, but not a runny mess like some reviews mentioned. I had no problem! It applied evenly and it moisturizes well too! Apply just like you would any moisturizer.

Application 2: Again, I applied this at night after showering/exfoliating. I woke up with a nicer color. The change was subtle again, but I could tell that my tan was building. It was definitely starting to get darker.

Application 3: Now I have a noticeable tan. I like it but I think it`s a little too dark for me, maybe because I went from pale white to decent tan in 4 days and I just need to get used to it. I will go a few days without applying and let it fade a little, then I think I will only need to apply once a week from now on to maintain the color! Also, all the typical trouble spots (ankles, knees, elbows) look totally fine!

Color: The color is golden! Not orange! It looks like the natural tan I achieve by the end of the summer.

Tanner: The tanner has not stained my sheets or any of my clothes. I was worried that when I shower I will be reversing the tan I was building but that didn`t seem to be the case. I have had experiences with other products where when I exfoliated in the shower, the tanner came off somewhat and my tan turned blotchy.

Overall: I highly recommend! This is the first self tanner I have used with a very subtle and manageable smell. The shimmer can be dealt with by rinsing it off if you don`t like it. I think it enhances the glow of the tan. The product moisturizes well and I don`t feel like I`m applying a tanning product at all. The color builds nicely and is golden!

I paid $9 and change, purchasing it at my local grocery store instead of CVS because it was actually more expensive at CVS.

on 10/20/2011 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this product for a little over a week now and I really like it. When I first picked it up at Ulta, I was expecting my skin to become 7 shades darker by day 3, but when it was only 2-3 shades darker I was actually pleasantly surprised. The color is very natural and I definitely do not feel that I look orange from using it. I wouldn't consider myself "tan", but as we get closer and closer to winter, I find that a nice glow looks a lot better than super tan. I do not apply this to my face- instead I use the regular L'Oreal Sublime, and it ends up matching perfectly. So far I have been using it almost everyday and I'm liking what I'm seeing!

I will definitely repurchase this when I run out! I read that it might be discontinued soon, but I really hope that's not the case!

on 10/15/2010 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this mostly as a tan maintainer...or to mix 1/2 with my Sun Labs & 1/2 with the Sublime Glow. I feel like this stuff makes my tan last longer. To use it by itself just one application, you dont really see a difference. You need at least 3 applications to see results thats the bad thing I have about this. O & the smell. Its not bad..but it's not that great either.

on 5/29/2010 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the best gradual tanner I have ever used. So much better than Jergens which I used for years without being really happy with the results.I get nice even colour and a nice warm glow - definitley not an "I use fake tanner" product. As with most of these types of tanners, exfoliating really helps, and take a little extra care around elbows, knees, knuckles and feet. The shimmer is pretty subtle, I can only really see it in certain lighting, and in the natural sunlight it's just a nice subtle shimmer - not the glittery disco-ball that some people have described. The scent is nice too. The consisitency IS VERY RUNNY so you have to be careful otherwise you'll end up with product all over the bathroom. A pump bottle would be fantastic and is the reason I gave this 4 lippies instead of 5. Love this stuff!!

on 2/21/2010 3:47:00 AM

FINALLY! I have tried every self-tanning product on the market, everything from the bargain bin to high-end products and sadly I almost never buy anything twice.

Sublime Glow is the ONLY product I have ever used that fades naturally. The product is moisturizing with a light shimmer and the color it produces is believable. I use the "medium" shade and after 2 or 3 applications I have a beautiful light golden tan. Rather than people saying "that's a nice tan" they say "you have beautiful skin". I've found my HG tanning product!

on 3/10/2009 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Absolutely the best self-tanner that I have ever used, and I've tried most of them - Jergen's, Ocean Potion, Neutrogena, Origins - just to name a few.
If you establish a proper technique - exfoliate well, apply a thin layer of regular lotion on first, let that dry and than apply the tanner evenly you will not be disappotined with the results. Yes, it has a smell after a few hours just like every other tanner, but that goes away after a quick shower.
I like the fact that it has a hint of shimmer in it so skin looks healthy and glows nicely (it is not glittery at all). It lasts probably 4 days, just like any other tanner; if you exfoliate regularly and reapply the tanner every other day or so it will last a lot longer. Exfoliation is key, of course.

Basically, it is just like any other tanner. I hate it when people say how some tanners turn them orange while others do not, as in "this one is good and that one is bad" and base opinions on price of the product. They're all virtually the same regardless of how much you pay for it. They all contain dihydroxacetone which is the only ingredient that chemically turns skin a brown color. The other ingredients are just additives, fragrance, color, etc. this tanner does a wonderful job, lasts if applied correctly, and shimmers nicely. Definitely will buy it again in the summer. It's a much healthier choice than frying in the sun and much cheaper than other tanners I've tried that produce identical results.

on 1/28/2009 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought this in medium and it didn't work for me. It went on fine, but once it was dry, I have spots all over that were tell tell signs that I was using self tanner. Didn't like at all. I tried it a second time and got the same results....so I won't be purchasing again.

on 7/27/2008 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It smells slightly better than Jergens Natural Glow, but I still can't stand this odor on my body all day. And, good luck if you get a little warm - that "green tea" fragrance will spread all over your "space" and everyone gets to share. The glitter doesn't bother me, and it leaves a nice color. This product is slightly sticky. I could overlook sticky if I could stand the smell.

on 5/23/2008 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this product! I tried a few other tanners and wasn't too pleased with them and then I found this. I am very fair with freckles and blonde hair and this stuff is brilliant. I bought the medium skin tones shade and I find that it works best. It gives you a nice even golden tan and doesn't make you orange. I have yet to have it go "streaky" on me. I use it pretty much daily, and the sparkles are very subtle and I hardly notice them at all. The smell isn't the greatest, but I use it before bed so when I shower in the morning and put on my other lotion, I don't even notice the slight tanner smell at all. I am going on my third bottle now. I have gotten MANY compliments on my "tan" which has never happened before as I am so fair. Love it!