L'Oreal Sublime GLOW

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
L'Oreal Sublime GLOW
Sublime GLOW

4.5

Aqua/Water/Eau, Tri C14 15 Alkyl Citrate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol Denatured, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Dihydroxyacetone, Ceteareth 15, Isopropyl Palmitate, PEG 100 Stearate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Perfume (Fragrance), Methylparaben, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Dimethiconol, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, FD&C Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Red 4 (CI 14700)

on 3/1/2014 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love every single this about this. It makes me look Brazilian and I'm SUPER pale with yellow undertones. Never ever looks orange! It's like a deep brown color! I LOVE it so much! Best drugstore self tanner on the market.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this, not as a self tanner because the medium barely shows any color on me, but as a moisturizer. I find it makes my skin glow, not glitter. The smell is a bit much though, that is the reason I took one point off. I will definitely re-purchase, cvs has it on sale now for $6.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nice colour that builds gradually so no streaks. Moisturizes and smells nice. Just takes a little longer for a darker tan but worth the time as it looks more natural. Bit of a shine too.

on 7/1/2008 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I agree with Shawnatha below. I am fair-skinned as well, and get tons of compliments when I use this. It makes you look thinner as well!
I don't use it on my face, though because I think it might make me break out. An awesome product. The first self-tanner ( tried them all) that looks natural and doesn't streak.

on 6/29/2008 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm one of those people whom you rarely see tanned because
a) Being in the sun is too hot, too sticky, too boring, bleh; I grew up with a large sized pool in the yard and spent my summers inside reading a book
b) I don't tan. Well, I do tan; after about ten days of spending an hour per side each day, I begin to show some color, which I have to build up AND maintain. Not worth the effort.

So, as you can imagine, I'm whiter than white (well, greenish white, given the olive complexion) and since I was introduced to self-tanner in the early 90's, I've tried every kind, every price and well, I'm a pain in the butt, I hate the building phase and the maintenance phase of self-tanners, they disrupt my day and they have come with a adorned pletora of problems, causing me to abandon the project every summer after the first application of any self-tanner.

So, I'll tell you why I'll not only actually use these l'Oreal Glow bottles I've got (and finish them), but I'll keep buying them and possibly, even use them during the winter:

No smell, zero, nada, zilch, there's a faint scent upon firts applying and then goes away; I've actually put my nose to my arm several times; no smell, which means I won't be the "smelly self-tan lady" if I go out on the same day, which means, now I can go outside the house on the days I put on selt-tanner YES!.

No streaks, I have no patience to be rubbing for ever, which is one of the aspects of self-tanning that bother me, I mean, who wants to spend a good chunk of their day applying the stuff, three times a week for the rest of their lives?, well, this one I slap it on and still no streaks.
No streaks after putting on clothes almost immediately after, either, no "white gloves", no stained clothes, this stuff absorbs quickly, despite that, I've got no orange palms either.

No dryness/no acne; having angry skin means most every thing will cause your skin to protest, self-tanners are not something angry skin will tolerate easily, well, L'Oreal Glow has kept me moisturized and hasn't given me any acne after two applications.

No orange color, this one is hard for me because, well, I don't remember how I look naturally tanned, but I've asked around, everybody likes this one (the least liked? the Origins ones I was decidedly orange), I have a nice subtle brown tan and no brown knees/elbows/ankles/knuckles/hairlines/eyebrows either.

While there are sparkles, they are not bad, you actually have to know that they are there to notice them.

The price is stupendous for the quality, I can't believe I have spent enormous quantities of money when I could have been using these all along.
They don't seem to be making at appearance at my local supermarket, but any chain pharmacy will have them.

The packages are fine, they are easy to open, easy to close, you can squeeze every ounce out of them if needed.

So, yes!, finally I can stop hurting people's eyes with my paleness, I'm even fantasizing about permanently changing my skin color a la Jennifer Lopez, this is how easy, good, cheap these products are.
They are so good that I just had to review them.
Which ones, you ask?
Sublime Glow Daily Moisturizer in Medium, the face one and the body one.
Give them a try, I'm glad I did.

on 4/7/2008 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've tried a number of self-tanning products... none have I "loved" but overall... I would probably admit to liking this one the best. The smell of this product is the least offensive of the tanners I've tried. And while I'm really not all that fond of the sparkles it gives me a good indication of where I've placed the product and I don't HATE them (could i do w/out them... yeah) I used the medium on my rather fair skin... So I could go stocking-less this past Sunday... I applied before bed Thursday, and again (twice) on Saturday and had a really nice non orange pretty natural looking tan. For the price and the smell... this is definitely worth it

on 4/29/2007 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After using the Jergens Natural Glow, I was skeptical about whether any self-tanners would ever please me. Luckily, I took a chance and tried the L'Oreal Sublime Glow because I LOVE it! Nice gradual build without excessive blotchiness or streaking (and the "gradual" part means that you can easily fix whatever spots you may have missed the first go around) and the initial scent of Mango-ey goodness was really nice and different than other self-tanning lotions I have smelled. The real test was going to be the 5-Hours-Later-Sniff-Test - you know, the one that proves that all self-tanners reek of that DHA smell the longer you have them on. I was pleasantly surprised to find that when I woke up the next morning (I applied before bed), I was not overcome by the smell and I had a nice lil glow going. Yay! Means you can go out after lotioning up without worrying that people around you can smell you. This Glow version does have glitter in it but it's fairly subtle and didnt bother me at all - actually a nice little bonus!

on 3/4/2006 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this in Fair as I am very PPP. This was my first experience with a self tanner. I liked the smell and it was very moisturizing. It does have shimmer but not glitter. The color after one application was very faint, so if you're a self tanner scaredy cat like me, I recommend this trying this.