L'Oreal Sublime GLOW

Filtered by skin type : Other
L'Oreal Sublime GLOW
Sublime GLOW

3.9

Aqua/Water/Eau, Tri C14 15 Alkyl Citrate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol Denatured, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Dihydroxyacetone, Ceteareth 15, Isopropyl Palmitate, PEG 100 Stearate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Perfume (Fragrance), Methylparaben, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Dimethiconol, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, FD&C Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Red 4 (CI 14700)

on 7/27/2014 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff! It is a beautiful color and takes about 3 days for good color to show through, although I noticed a slight difference overnight. I am on day 5 right now and my skin is light-brownish and what I love the most is the shimmer in this product as it does make skin glow. The smell is good ( like green tea to be exact ), so if you don't mind that scent this would be nice for you. The smell lessens a lot in an hour, and so I feel you could wear this during the day if you want.

*** A good tip is to use a little regular moisturizer on elbows, knees, feet and back of heels before applying. This way you can just slap this on and not worry about those areas getting too dark. You still want to make sure you rub it in pretty well so that it will be nice and even, but it is seriously easy to apply as the consistency of this is on the thinner side. That makes it easy to blend this in well. Take a dry washcloth after applying and lightly buff over any dry areas on your skin that may darken just to be on the safe side. I swear this is the nicest color yet I have gotten from a self tanner and I highly recommend it! I exfoliated lightly today (day 5) and my color remained on well also, which is important to me. I will use for full 7 days and them most likely apply every other day from that point forward to maintain a constant tan. I wish that the face product for this was easy to find, as I used to use that years ago, and it is hard to find in stores for some reason. That also worked amazing!

*** UPDATE: After using for over a week, I still love it. It will take you 2 shades darker while allowing you to look natural. After a full week of using, you can use this every other day or every 3 days to maintain. You still want to exfoliate a few times a week though when using this. I'm going on vacation soon and plan to use my regular dark self tanner before leaving and then use this everyday while on my vacation to keep up my dark tan. I think this is the answer to keeping a dark regular self tan looking good for an entire week. All in all, I think this is the best color for a gradual tan and it works great on fair skin tones!

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

Wow, this stuff is really quite good. I am fair--between NC10-NC15 on my face--and my legs are a shade or two lighter. I specifically purchased this to use on my legs to help conceal some bruises and broken capillaries. I bruise SO easily, and the skin on my legs is so translucent I could almost swear you can see my blood pumping through.

I purchased this at CVS the other day. The only shade they had available was "Medium." I figured it would just have a tad more dihydroxyacetone than the "Light" version, and since it's a gradual self-tanning lotion anyway, I figured it would be just fine.

The packaging is simple, practical and generous. The color of the tube is even quite a pretty champagney-bronze hue. Would look nice on a bathroom counter or bedstand, for those who care about that.

The scent is reminiscent of something rosy. Not bad, not amazing, but I don't expect self-tanning lotions to smell very good so it's not a huge factor for me.

I used my Salux cloth and shaved my legs so my skin would be ultra smooth to apply the lotion. I dried myself off then, while still in the steam of the bathroom, applied a bit of plain lotion to my hands. I like to rub a tiny bit of the leftover plain lotion onto my knees and around my ankles--historically spots where self-tanners like to collect and crease.

Next came applying the Sublime Glow. The lotion itself is a buttery cream tone with very fine shimmers. It applied wonderfully easily. A little went a surprisingly long way, and it was easy to spread.

I applied it a couple hours before bed. I wasn't sure if it was just my imagination or not at first, but I thought I could see it start to develop after about a half hour. The lighting was a bit dim though.

I woke up the next morning and I have to say I was really impressed. It was probably a whole shade darker. I actually looked like I had gotten a real tan. It looks so natural on my fair skin, and it helps to blur the bruises, cellulite and capillaries just enough to make my legs look a bit, well, healthier.

I didn't even notice the fine shimmers on my skin until I got into direct sunlight. They were subtle and looked pretty nice, not tacky in any way.

Huh, I didn't mean to write such a long review. Bottom line:
I really like this stuff and highly suggest those with fair skin wanting to help mask some imperfections on your legs try it out.

I cannot BELIEVE I have never reviewed this. This has been my HG self tanner for legs (and sometimes arms and whatnot) for YEARS. Subtle scent, soft shimmer (really barely noticeable), no bronzer to leave marks on your clothing. This is THE stuff. I have gone through literally dozens of tubes. I buy maybe once a month, and tend to have a few on hand in bathroom, bedroom, travel kits, etc.

This product needs a pump because it is so runny. It pours out so fast. With that being said- I love this product. It gives a slight glow not a dark tan. The smell isn't too bad. It does have glitter in it, but I think it looks cute. Put it on at night after you exfoliate (well) and then wash it off in the morning.
This is really good and I like it a lot. I did have some streaking on my legs, but I think that was my error in application. It was easily fixed the next day. It does not turn you orange but a nice soft brown color. I used the medium and I have extremely pale skin (NW15). I don't know if the light would have shown any color on me.
I recommend this!

OK, too early for a proper review as I had just used it (in Medium skin tone) for the first time, but I'd like to state the immediate differences I've seen in this product over the many other self-tanner products I have used!

1. This product does NOT smell bad - in fact I think it smells absolutely lovely and I was standing there smelling my skin for a minute or two after i had put it on after my shower, haha.

2. This product dries in a perfect amount of time! It's more runny than other self-tanning lotions I've used so it settles into the skin and dries in no time flat. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say it would be 100% safe within 3-4 minutes. Although it certainly felt dry to me even as I rubbed it in!

3. It has beautiful shimmer (not glittery!) in it and reflects light oh-so subtly to give skin that next boost of radiant glow!

As the product is a little more runny, you gotta be careful when opening the package and dispensing the product. I accidentally squirted it all over the floor >_<; It would be better if this was in a pump bottle but it's such a minor thing!

I love this product so far and I hope hope HOPE it turns me brown and not orange/yellow. I'll have to update in a week or so with color changes! :3

This is the first self-tanner i've ever used! Things i like about it: 1) the sparkles: they are VERY subtle, but give a gorgeous sheen. it helps me identify where i haven't put the lotion on 2) kinda links to the first one, this was easy application for a first time user 3) dries reasonably quick. Now what i don't like about this product: 1) the packaging. as soon as i open it, the lotion (which is very liquidy) instantly starts oozing out, so i have to rush and close it before it gets everywhere. it's not too big a problem, but something i think could be improved. Now for the colour: i've been using this product for 2 days and there is a noticable difference. the colour is just verging on orangey. i had problems with streaking after the first day, but that's probably just my noob application. after the second day of reapplying, there are no problems. Overall, i think this is a very good product for its price. If you're trying self tanner for the first time, i suggest trying this. The colour isn't very dramatic (as hinted in the name sublime GLOW) and the sparkles help mark the spots you have missed.

on 5/19/2008 12:56:00 PM

I bought the formula for fair skin and I really like it. The glitter is pretty subtle and doesn't bother me, and (as one poster already pointed out) it does help identify and spots you've missed. This does take a while to dry, but the smell isn't nearly as bad as other self-tanners I've tried. The results are very natural, which is to say, not dramatic but not orange and not streaky. Really does give you a much more even skin tone.

on 7/12/2007 1:25:00 PM

I agree that exfoliating makes the difference in how this wears/wears off. As for the tea scent: If applied at night, the scent is gone by morning and a quick shower or a layer of scented lotion takes care of any remaining tanning smell, as well as toning down the sparkle in the lotion. Each time I have purchased this it has been buy-one-get-one-free at different drug stores, so the lotion, gel, or spray average only about $4.00 each.

on 5/5/2007 9:22:00 AM

Having just moved to Texas from Connecticut, I was embarrassed by my super white skin. Not going to pay for tanning and risk getting cancer and wrinkles, so I was intrigued when I read about the new lotion based tanners.

Jergens was my first one to try. Even though I am pale, I bought the medium shade because I had read on this site that the light didn't do much in the way of color.

At first I was soooooooooooo excited. The first day, I was darker and loving it. By day four and five, I started turning orange, especially in my lower legs. Also, really bad streaking on backs of ankles. Yes, it did smell, but not too bad and went away pretty quickly after application. Also, lots of sparkles.

Just can't deal with being orange, so I decided to try the next product.

My next pick was Loreal Sublime Glow in Medium. Loved this for the first few days. Got a much browner color than with Jergens. On day three I notice I have several almost totally white blotches on my inner arms. I tried everything, moisturizing, exfoliating like mad. These blotches will not take the color. It's like my skin is having a reaction to it. So, aside from the blotches, loved this. Who wants to have blotches though? LOL! Also, I thought this smelled worse than Jergens and still had sparkles.

My current pick is Olay Touch of Sun for Dry Skin. My skin is dry and this seems to be more lotion based than tanner based. Also smells the best and feels the most like lotion. I am on day one. I will update after a few more days. I did exfoliate like mad this morning to try to get off as much Loreal as I could, especially on my arm. I ham ho[ing the Olay will even everything out. I don't mind if I don't get as dark as the other two. Just want some color.

on 5/30/2006 10:53:00 AM

I really love this gradual tanner. The color is a nice bronzed brown color (no orange, no yellow). So I don't look like a Simpson after a couple weeks. My hair stylist complimented me on my tan when I went in for a haircut recently. I had only used this one time and he was surprised it was a sunless tanner. I make sure to exfoliate and use a moisturizing body wash before I apply this. It's best to apply at night so you don't have to deal with the stickiness. Then when you wake up you'll be amazed with the color results. What I like most about Sublime Glow is that even in troubled areas (elbows, knees, tops of feet) you really can't mess this up. I don't mind the smell too much. It smells herbal to me. I will repurchase this for the rest of summer!