L'Oreal Sublime GLOW

L'Oreal Sublime GLOW
Sublime GLOW

4.1

Aqua/Water/Eau, Tri C14 15 Alkyl Citrate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol Denatured, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Dihydroxyacetone, Ceteareth 15, Isopropyl Palmitate, PEG 100 Stearate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Perfume (Fragrance), Methylparaben, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Dimethiconol, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, FD&C Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Red 4 (CI 14700)

on 7/27/2014 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff! It is a beautiful color and takes about 3 days for good color to show through, although I noticed a slight difference overnight. I am on day 5 right now and my skin is light-brownish and what I love the most is the shimmer in this product as it does make skin glow. The smell is good ( like green tea to be exact ), so if you don't mind that scent this would be nice for you. The smell lessens a lot in an hour, and so I feel you could wear this during the day if you want.

*** A good tip is to use a little regular moisturizer on elbows, knees, feet and back of heels before applying. This way you can just slap this on and not worry about those areas getting too dark. You still want to make sure you rub it in pretty well so that it will be nice and even, but it is seriously easy to apply as the consistency of this is on the thinner side. That makes it easy to blend this in well. Take a dry washcloth after applying and lightly buff over any dry areas on your skin that may darken just to be on the safe side. I swear this is the nicest color yet I have gotten from a self tanner and I highly recommend it! I exfoliated lightly today (day 5) and my color remained on well also, which is important to me. I will use for full 7 days and them most likely apply every other day from that point forward to maintain a constant tan. I wish that the face product for this was easy to find, as I used to use that years ago, and it is hard to find in stores for some reason. That also worked amazing!

*** UPDATE: After using for over a week, I still love it. It will take you 2 shades darker while allowing you to look natural. After a full week of using, you can use this every other day or every 3 days to maintain. You still want to exfoliate a few times a week though when using this. I'm going on vacation soon and plan to use my regular dark self tanner before leaving and then use this everyday while on my vacation to keep up my dark tan. I think this is the answer to keeping a dark regular self tan looking good for an entire week. All in all, I think this is the best color for a gradual tan and it works great on fair skin tones!

on 3/1/2014 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love every single this about this. It makes me look Brazilian and I'm SUPER pale with yellow undertones. Never ever looks orange! It's like a deep brown color! I LOVE it so much! Best drugstore self tanner on the market.

on 10/14/2013 9:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using this for about 2 weeks and I love it! I have a fading summer tan and this self tanner looked just like my real color and really evened out the tone on my whole body and face. It isn't orange at all! I was apprehensive about using this on my face since I have acne already but so far I've had very few problems with this product breaking me out more. I also apply this on my face every other day since my face wash fades the color more quickly and my face looks healthy instead of the dull pale cookie I get every fall/winter. I haven't noticed any streaks whatsoever but I do exfoliate and apply regular lotion to hands, gets, elbows and knees. As far as the scent goes, it's pleasant enough but barely noticeable until the next day when you'll get that slight self tanner smell. The color on my body lasts quite a few days and I reapply every 3-4 days. Overall, it's a great product with a very natural color!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm so glad I picked this up, this is one of the best self tanners I've ever used. I bought this up at CVS last week & all they had left was for Medium skin tones. I'm EXTREMELY fair w/ blue undertones so I wasn't sure if this would be too much for me or give me an orange tint but I wanted to try a new tanner before going on vacation so I took the Medium one anyway. This looks incredibly natural, especially on my super pale skin, no orange at all. This is very lightweight & almost watery but it blends in just like a regular body lotion would. I saw almost a deep color in just two days & it's very natural looking. I didn't experience any streaking or blotchy areas either, it's all one even color. I highly recommend!

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

Wow, this stuff is really quite good. I am fair--between NC10-NC15 on my face--and my legs are a shade or two lighter. I specifically purchased this to use on my legs to help conceal some bruises and broken capillaries. I bruise SO easily, and the skin on my legs is so translucent I could almost swear you can see my blood pumping through.

I purchased this at CVS the other day. The only shade they had available was "Medium." I figured it would just have a tad more dihydroxyacetone than the "Light" version, and since it's a gradual self-tanning lotion anyway, I figured it would be just fine.

The packaging is simple, practical and generous. The color of the tube is even quite a pretty champagney-bronze hue. Would look nice on a bathroom counter or bedstand, for those who care about that.

The scent is reminiscent of something rosy. Not bad, not amazing, but I don't expect self-tanning lotions to smell very good so it's not a huge factor for me.

I used my Salux cloth and shaved my legs so my skin would be ultra smooth to apply the lotion. I dried myself off then, while still in the steam of the bathroom, applied a bit of plain lotion to my hands. I like to rub a tiny bit of the leftover plain lotion onto my knees and around my ankles--historically spots where self-tanners like to collect and crease.

Next came applying the Sublime Glow. The lotion itself is a buttery cream tone with very fine shimmers. It applied wonderfully easily. A little went a surprisingly long way, and it was easy to spread.

I applied it a couple hours before bed. I wasn't sure if it was just my imagination or not at first, but I thought I could see it start to develop after about a half hour. The lighting was a bit dim though.

I woke up the next morning and I have to say I was really impressed. It was probably a whole shade darker. I actually looked like I had gotten a real tan. It looks so natural on my fair skin, and it helps to blur the bruises, cellulite and capillaries just enough to make my legs look a bit, well, healthier.

I didn't even notice the fine shimmers on my skin until I got into direct sunlight. They were subtle and looked pretty nice, not tacky in any way.

Huh, I didn't mean to write such a long review. Bottom line:
I really like this stuff and highly suggest those with fair skin wanting to help mask some imperfections on your legs try it out.

I bought this to help me get tan for prom last year and I can't believe I forgot to review it because I absolutely loved it! I've used Victoria's Secret's and Bare Essentials self tanners and while they were both good, I love that with this one you can build up to the tan that you feel comfortable with without it feeling fake or too sudden. I put this on for 4 nights in a row he week before prom after my shower and about 30 minutes before going to sleep. People not only noticed my tan but were highly complimentary of it. I plan on using the sublime glow for this year's prom as well, the only change I'll make is to start using it a bit early so i can do it every other couple nights versus every night. The scent is also very minimal and considering I have extremely sensitive skin and eczema as well it's amazing that neither the scent nor the product gave me any rash or reaction! I was even able to put it on my face i just mixed it in with a little bit of lotion so my face was believably tan instead of being the same color as the rest of my body. I made sure I was well moisturized before applying, but the consistency and high quality ultimately made it unnecessary for me too moisturize because it did it for me! I would definitely recommend this product but if you're worried about having a reaction I would check with your dermatologist before buying it.

on 12/4/2012 8:52:00 AM

This stuff is the best! It looks super natural and it surprisingly didn't break me out. The smell sticks to you until you shower which can be pretty strong but hasn't been that big of an issue for me

on 12/3/2012 2:07:00 PM

Even color, no blotches, natural color...... always exfoliate before every application. Glow saved me from going to the tanning salon twice a week!

I am disappointed that L'Oreal now only offers this product in a medium shade, having recently discontinued the fair shade. I am definitely fair and I think many people who "fake bake" are as well, so why would you discontinue the fair shade? Anyway, I picked up the only shade available, medium. The new packaging says, "Superior Scent" and I have to agree. No self-tanner smell at all. In fact, it makes me smell a bit tropical. It also leaves my skin feeling softly moisturized. It contains mango butter, Vitamin E, and Sweet Almond oil. Nice. As for the color, it is even, no streaks but certainly not bronze. The fact is I have porcelain skin and I don't think any self tan product is going to make me truly look brown. But I don't look orange either and I can now comfortably put on a bathing suit without worrying about blinding everyone with my pale white skin. This is a great product for someone
who wants to subtly enhance their skin and has been frustrated by all the typical self tanning problems (streaks, smell). This one is a no brainer.

**Giving this a 5..coworkers noted that I looked tan..very happy with the color!

I cannot BELIEVE I have never reviewed this. This has been my HG self tanner for legs (and sometimes arms and whatnot) for YEARS. Subtle scent, soft shimmer (really barely noticeable), no bronzer to leave marks on your clothing. This is THE stuff. I have gone through literally dozens of tubes. I buy maybe once a month, and tend to have a few on hand in bathroom, bedroom, travel kits, etc.