L'Oreal Sublime GLOW

Filtered by age: 44-55
L'Oreal Sublime GLOW
Sublime GLOW

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Tri C14 15 Alkyl Citrate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol Denatured, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Dihydroxyacetone, Ceteareth 15, Isopropyl Palmitate, PEG 100 Stearate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Perfume (Fragrance), Methylparaben, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Dimethiconol, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, FD&C Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Red 4 (CI 14700)

on 5/10/2012 3:40:00 PM

I think this is the best gradual tanner on the market, and I like the little sparkles, as it seems to make my legs and arms look more even toned, and even more "toned" as in muscular...doesn't smell too horrible, just wish it would dry a bit quicker.

on 6/3/2011 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Since this is one of the only self-tanners I trust and will use now (besides Ocean Potion's Ever Glow and BE's Faux Tan) and I have tried them all, from drugstore to high-end department store), and I have purchased MANY tubes over the years, I figured I owe this product a good review. It is a staple for me from Spring through Fall. I will always continue to have at least one tube on hand (I use the medium skintone version and I am pretty fair, though the light works well too). It is kind of a mid-ground product between a dark, fast-acting self tanner like Faux Tan, and a very gradually depositing, very subtle one like Ever Glow, which is one of the things I love best about it. I can develop a definitely noticeable, NATURAL looking golden tan with two applications. AND, I can put this on in the morning after a shower and venture out in it (I can't do this with Faux Tan). It IS a bit shimmery, but it isn't over the top, and is not really all that noticeable on the skin, although it does make the skin look nice and "glowy". It ALWAYS gives a good, dependable, non-streaky, moisturized, NATURAL looking bronzy color (I DETEST anything that looks even REMOTELY orange or yellow and will throw it out IMMEDIATELY) with minimal effort. I like that it does not have a color guide, but that I can see a color payoff after 1 use. It moisturizes extremely well but has never broken me out-although I would never use it on my face. But no chest or back breakouts which some others have caused...yuck! This does have some of the tell-tale self tanner stink after a couple of hours, but it is not the worst of the bunch, and nothing a spritz or two of body spray can't eradicate easily. The results I get from this product are more than worth it to me. This is the self tanner that I reach for the MOST because it works FAST, it doesn't have a color guide, I can use it and not have to hide at home while the color develops, the smell is not bad, and it produces great results that last about 3-4 days on me. I can use it twice during the week, like on Wednesday and Thursday and then be tan throughout the weekend. I am lazy and I want instant gratification. LOL. If I want a dark tan and I want it NOW, I go with Faux Tan, but only IF I can put it on at night and sleep in it and then wash it off in the shower in the morning, and you can't always do that! If I have a bit more time (two days), and I have to go out while wearing the self tanner, I opt for this. It is the best of both worlds. Easy to use and "live" in, but quick color payoff. Love this stuff. A bit on the expensive side, and I wish it came in a pump dispenser, but I will remain a loyal fan for as long as they continue to make it.

on 1/6/2011 12:00:00 PM

I've just begun using this product and after a couple of weeks I do notice an even tanned tone to my skin. I have British skin, very pale and almost grey in tone when it isn't tanned. I used to tan at the tanning booth every week as I hated being so pale, especially during the summer. Then I stopped tanning for the health of my poor skin and went tanless for a while until I yearned to have that 'healthy' bronzed look again. So I have tried many gradual tanning creams over the years, avoiding the instant tanning products as, quite frankly, I was scared of the result of those in case I turned orange!

I found this cream to be slightly runny, but it does absorb into the skin well and most importantly goes on evenly because of that, so I haven't detected any tell-tale streaking. It doesn't feel too greasy afterwards, so you aren't waiting a long time until you can finally get dressed.

I bought the medium skin tones type and over time I have noticed that my arms and legs do have a slight bronzed colour to them, reminiscent of my tanning days, so it is natural-looking and not orangey. However, I did try some on my face, not wanting a tanned body and a white face! I found it was too oily and it didn't give an even look to my skin tone, so I stopped that. I'd previously bought Sublime Glow Face Daily Moisturizer which was being sold off at Safeway a couple of years ago (not sure if they were discontinuing it). I didn't find it very good, leaving oily facial skin and it it was not very natural looking.

The daily body moisturizer could have a bit more staying power, because after a shower it tends to come off and so you have to keep up with the re-application of the product.

The picture of the model on the product itself, a guide for us mere mortals to go buy as with any make up product, maybe doesn't really show the effect that I have gotten over the last few days, i.e. the backs and underparts of my arms look a lot lighter than the top part of my arms. Maybe the skin texture is different on the top than the bottom of my arms??

As far as the shimmer goes, I don't really see much of that at all, but merely just a slight glow/shine to my skin. However, these are the winter months and I haven't tested this product in the summer yet.

Overall, I'm happy with the product, though I wish it could be a bit cheaper which prevented me from buying it in the first place. I took me receiving it as a Christmas present for me to finally give it a whirl! I'd recommend anyone to try it and see if it works for their skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great tanner! My husband thought I was going to the tanning salon..that's how natural it looks. I'll use this year round!

on 5/21/2009 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

All I can say is what a horrible product. Way too runny. It's hard to get any colour out of this product and when you do finally get colour, its way to orange . The only positive thing as far as I am concerned is the smell was okay compared to other self tanners. Will definately not repurchase.

on 10/17/2008 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 11/14: Okay, the tube is almost gone and I HAVE to find another. The color is great looking (not fake) and I love not having to reapply daily. That said it is extremely runny and smells like plastic (Barbie doll legs comes to mind).
Overall I like this product. You don't need to use alot, it goes on evenly, dries quickly, and lasts (doesn't need to be reapplied daily). I do NOT like the smell.

on 7/27/2008 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It smells slightly better than Jergens Natural Glow, but I still can't stand this odor on my body all day. And, good luck if you get a little warm - that "green tea" fragrance will spread all over your "space" and everyone gets to share. The glitter doesn't bother me, and it leaves a nice color. This product is slightly sticky. I could overlook sticky if I could stand the smell.

on 6/21/2008 9:24:00 PM

I've decided to change from my regular Jergen's natural glow (medium) that I've been using for a few years because I just couldn't stand the smell anymore and decided to go with Loreal Sublime Glow, My routine was to put it on 2 consecutive days, then take a break for 5, my color was wonderful, but I smelled like... argh....well, here is how they compare. Loreal Sublime Glow (medium) smells much better, but is way to liquidy, and STREAKS after it dries... I was standing infront of my boss, and felt dirty. I've decided to go back to Jergen's natural glow, they've come out with a new formula which has changed the smell somewhat, I apply it before bed and shower in the a.m and apply a scented moisturizer.

Am on my 2nd bottle of this in the medium shade. The smell takes a little getting used to - someone mentioned it smelled like tea and that is exactly what it smells like to me. But once I spray my perfume, I don't notice it at all. At first I was disappointed because for the life of me I couldn't see any sparkles but when I was in the sun I noticed them and loved how they looked - very subtle. I also can see them in certain kinds of indoor light but not at work. I use this as my moisturizer during the work week and then on the weekends I use real self-tanner. I have a nice honey brown, healthy looking tan - not orange at all. I'm very happy!

on 7/13/2007 9:23:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is the first self-tanner I've used and I'm loving this product! I like that the effect is gradual, so I can judge whether to apply it from one day to the next. I'm fairly pale, which is fine by me, but my very pale legs are a little too glaring in the summer! This product has given a subtle amount of colour to my legs so that i don't feel self-conscious bare-legged in a skirt. Helps to hide those pale blue veins, too! I don't find it too shimmery at all on me -- gives me a nice slightly dewy look. I also don't really notice the scent, other than a faint touch of tea (but nothing chemical). I tend to be rather minimalist when it comes to skin care/cosmetic products, but this is definitely going to be a keeper on my shelf!

EDITED TO ADD: Normally, I put on this self-tanner in the evening, but one morning I thought my legs looked a bit too pale (read "blindingly white"), so I put on the lotion and drove off to work. At a stop light I looked down at my legs and EEEEK, glitter city--I looked like sparkles off a cheap card! I still like this product; I'm just never going use it in the morning again!